Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

Also I'm glad Matt is really liking the content in AMS2, if anything for the quality in lesser known tracks

Also also

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

They forgot to turn off the free weekend :slight_smile:

Totally expected the much newer caddy to be faster than the early cycle Ginetta yet they still drive so differently. G58 is very mechanical of a brute but easy to handle, DPiVR feels more softly sprung but much more aero and very long gear stack for BOP

Also knockhill!! I had so much fun at this place in PC2, Ive been meaning to revisit it

Kept thinking it was in AMS2 and was gonna run some cars there T_T oh well, guess I'll play with bigm8 and 911 some more (both are done really well imo)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Kinda bummed I didnt try out any of hte cart cars but its just not my era; cleveland was fun tho

Folding@Home | BOINC

• 1 month later...

omg this looks more fun than the urd dtm cars

also

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 1/15/2022 at 5:03 PM, chaozbandit said:

omg this looks more fun than the urd dtm cars

Modern Trans-Am cars are so cool. They remind me a lot of the SuperGT cars with the big flat hoods and fenders. I wish iRacing had some cars from either of these classes.

Guys, i'm trying to get away from PC2 by spending more time in ACC, AMS2, even went back to rFactor 2, but i can't seem to find many players there. The largest race i''ve had so far was with 12PPL in ACC at Monza and most of the time i log in any of those game, there is like 1/10 of the people who are driving in Project Cars 2. I am yet to witness a full lobby. And i watch in YT videos that people are organizing full lobby races. What am i doing wrong ?

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

11 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Guys, i'm trying to get away from PC2 by spending more time in ACC, AMS2, even went back to rFactor 2, but i can't seem to find many players there. The largest race i''ve had so far was with 12PPL in ACC at Monza and most of the time i log in any of those game, there is like 1/10 of the people who are driving in Project Cars 2. I am yet to witness a full lobby. And i watch in YT videos that people are organizing full lobby races. What am i doing wrong ?

Are the lobbies private or public? My guess is that those people are a part of a sim racing club. I can't recommend one because I haven't raced in a while, but I'm sure you'll be able to find a group if you search up some clubs on Google or ask in the Youtube comments.

12 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

I suggest looking at twitch streamers or YouTube videos to find communities you might enjoy. The videos you looked at might just as well already have discord servers linked in their description. 

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Anyone have experience sim-ing with the Quest 2 headset? Is the experience good? 

I've been contemplating between replacing my broken TV or getting a VR headset. 

The simjunkie is me is shivering right now after over 1 year of no sim racing.  

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Anyone have experience sim-ing with the Quest 2 headset? Is the experience good? 

I haven’t messed with VR in a while but imo displays are just that much more comfortable over time and way easier to use.  Sure, immersion is unparalleled and it is awesome but even something simple like browsing menus is quite a chore if your particular game isn’t built for it. 

if possible I’d advise to test out some VR headsets first to see how you like them. 

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2022 at 10:35 PM, xAcid9 said:

I haven't used the Quest 2 but I use an Oculus and my monitor for the menus. Napper is totally right in that navigating the menus in a VR headset can really suck, especially if you don't have your VR controllers with you. Some games don't have VR menus at all. 

But otherwise, it's a lot of fun and I don't think I'd go back to racing with monitors. The biggest benefit to me is just being able to look around and see other cars, apexes, and overall have a better sense of awareness.

But you might find the experience to be uncomfortable, depending on the headset, if you wear glasses. I also tend to get hot with the headset on so I need a fan while racing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo dudes, is there a way to edit the config file for the key shortcuts in Project Cars 2? I want to put the fuel mixture shortcuts on my wheel, because it's really hard going shift+q/shift+1 during races like the ones at Monaco, Long Beach or Fuji. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

• 5 weeks later...

Yooooo the CTMP DDT is finally available in AC! Commissioned by a charitable enthusiast group but modelled by the same guy that did the LIDAR CTMP GP, its a bit rough but the key features are all there. Easily among the best canadian tracks available. DDT is used for track days, time attack and the porsche canada driving school is on this site, so you can finally use the oem porsches from the DLC somewhere.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mosport-d-d-t-ctmp-d-d-t.50332/

Also AMS2 dropped the formula ultimate gen2 recently, which is basically the 2022 f1 aero car in early guise. Drives like a faster indycar but tricky on power, takes a bit to adjust to but loads of fun.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Guys, i'm thinking of moving from a triple monitor setup to VR. After looking through the prices decided to go for Oculus Quest 2. Since i'm only gonna use it for sim-racing and won't play any other VR games with it, is the 128GB more than enough? Also is there any support trouble with any of the major titles - Project Cars 2, ACC and Automobilista 2? For now it will go along with my poor old EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 - should i expect problems with the performance? And last - is there anything better at that price? I knowthe HP Reverb G2 is the golden standard, but it's waaaay too expensive. 

P.S

The only thing that worries me is that when you proceed to checkout it specifies:

• Facebook account and wireless internet required for use.

Do i really need FB account and Wi-Fi if i'm gonna use the expensive cable to connect it to my PC for sim racing?

20 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Guys, i'm thinking of moving from a triple monitor setup to VR. After looking through the prices decided to go for Oculus Quest 2. Since i'm only gonna use it for sim-racing and won't play any other VR games with it, is the 128GB more than enough? Also is there any support trouble with any of the major titles - Project Cars 2, ACC and Automobilista 2? For now it will go along with my poor old EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 - should i expect problems with the performance? And last - is there anything better at that price? I knowthe HP Reverb G2 is the golden standard, but it's waaaay too expensive. 

P.S

The only thing that worries me is that when you proceed to checkout it specifies:

Do i really need FB account and Wi-Fi if i'm gonna use the expensive cable to connect it to my PC for sim racing?

I am probably not the best to answer questions like these, but ill try my best to help out. (dont have much experience with VR in general)
i would stay away from anything oculus as i hear that they basically demand you link it with your facebook account to use it
Plus the Quest 2 is for the most part meant to run standalone mode separate from any console hence the 128gb memory specs.(as far as i know the pc link doesnt use any of the memory)
That doesnt mean it cant run with a PC as Oculus clearly offers you an (imo) overpriced cable to connect it to one (but hey, at least its guaranteed to work).
It should work the same as other headsets through steam so shouldn't have issues regarding separate games.

the unfortunate thing is that this is by far the cheapest entry into VR and as you mentioned the one id say is worth it (HP reverb G2) is too expensive for you 

Regarding the ability to run, its basically gonna render 2x of the same image ... which is like 1900x1900 pixels per eye for the quest 2 if i remember correctly.

May need to lower a few settings in the game and wont be the best experience, but i think it should be fine

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

On 4/22/2022 at 9:23 AM, QuantumSingularity said:

P.S

I use 128GB Quest 2 for simracing, 128BG is more than enough if you're only going to use it with PC.

Yes you need FB account and WiFi. I don't know what I did wrong, I can't use Oculus Link without using Oculus Air/WiFi. 

I highly recommend you buy a 3rd party head strap because the default one sucks. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Guys, i've seen a lot of videos of Audi RS6 C5 generation for Assetto Corsa, but can't find any mod anywhere. All the links i've found seem to be dead and some whole sites are no longer alive.  Can't find anything in racedepratment. Can anyone help if you have a model?

1 hour ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Guys, i've seen a lot of videos of Audi RS6 C5 generation for Assetto Corsa, but can't find any mod anywhere. All the links i've found seem to be dead and some whole sites are no longer alive.  Can't find anything in racedepratment. Can anyone help if you have a model?

after a quick google search this is the best i could find, dunno if the download link is legit .. but the only one that has a download link that exists 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

On 4/30/2022 at 7:51 PM, PandaCopyRight said:

after a quick google search this is the best i could find, dunno if the download link is legit .. but the only one that has a download link that exists 

Thx, mate. Tried it and it's not half-bad. Leaves more to be desired, but is perfectly acceptable as is 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Yo.. i have question - did they make some changes to the Zolder circuit in ACC? I've watched countless videos with people taking the first chicane with extreme cuts, but no matter the car and the setup i just can't hit it the same way. In the videos the curbs seem waaaay falter than what they appear in the game. Especially the 2nd curb... i tried to take it at least 1000 times with different cars the way they take it in a video, with the same setup and even a softer one and the car always launches into the stratosphere - something missing from every single track guide video.

• 2 weeks later...

Why you should never lose focus on the track beyond the car in front of you.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, with the crypto crash i'm now finally on the market for a GPU but i notice what a giant mess everything is. At first i was thinking about RTX 3070, but it has only 8GB of VRAM and i intend to use Oculus Quest 2, but at first it will be at 5760x1080 setup, which currently drains every last MB of my 8GB GTX 1070, so 8GBs is not enough. Then we have the AMD path where there is enough VRAM, but no DLSS and i have no clue what the performance is gonna be. The only safe bet there would be the RX 6800 XT, the card i laid my eyes ever since the launch, but of course it being a nice card to mine, it still holds above €1500 price - more in some cases than the RTX 3080. The only card that's reasonably close to its MSRP is the RX 6700XT, but i'm afraid it won't be fast enough to keep high FPS with descent details. Also we have the issue of Ray Tracing performance. More and more games start to adopt the RT feature and, well the RX 6700 XT simply doesn't have the horsepower. So with all of that in mind i was wondering what is the best route - should i just go ahead and buy the bang-per-buck option the RX 6700 XT, should i just wait for the prices to drop even further, although with the next peak, they can skyrocket again or should i wait for the launch of the next gen GPUs and hope that this last gen would finally get some proper pricing ?

BTW posting the question here and not in the GPU section, because 95% of the time it will be running some sim-racer.

9 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

At first i was thinking about RTX 3070, but it has only 8GB of VRAM

Funnily enough, even with 24GB of VRAM I never saw any game use more than 8 (Except that one time where I hit a bug in another game which caused a VRAM leak) but a bit of "futureproofing" might not be a bad idea. I'd say either wait a little longer and see if something decent gets in your price range or wait for next gen GPUs and watch the fire sale going on.

• 1 month later...

Man. I wish I can bring rF2 AI to AC.