PCPer AMD R9 Nano review

zMeul

it's still reaching the power limit. you can't OC r9 nano for shit.

can't OCit because AMD doesn't want "you" to

they dont want you to OC the 295x2 either... i still did it.

AMD can say whatever they want. Ill buy their product and do as i please with it afterwards

But if they pulled an Nvidia (eg. locking laptop GPU through a driver update, and preventing my friend from overclocking is GTX 860M to past the performance of a GTC 870M in an MSI laptop that was designed to have the GPU overclocked alongside the 4 core unlocked mobile i7.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

But if they pulled an Nvidia (eg. locking laptop GPU through a driver update, and preventing my friend from overclocking is GTX 860M to past the performance of a GTC 870M in an MSI laptop that was designed to have the GPU overclocked alongside the 4 core unlocked mobile i7.....

then i would get salty and learn how to mod the bios and GPU driver.

if i want to do something, i will acquire the skills the achieve my goals.

Yes it may seem a bit arrogant to say "i have no limits". But i really am blessed with the ability to learn stuff really easily...

I feel obliged to resurrect this topic over the debate me and some other had over the R9 Nano's thermal throttling - it thermal throttles! thanks @LinusTech for his latest video, watercooling a bunch of R9 Nanos:

my initial observation over the R9 Nano clocks was absolutely correct! the stock air cooling forces the card to thermal throttle; against many others saying, including Ryan Shrout, that it was reaching the power limit

#vindicated  ^_^

He also mentioned it's the most efficient card on the market.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I don't this resurrecting an old news thread for the purpose of continuing an old argument because you found more ammunition is really allowed...

HTTP/2 203