Minecraft Creator Complains About Being Rich

ETRJ

Only lord knows what he has done.(read in dramatic voice)

No but seriously, guy must has done a ton of shit already, but yeah maybe he's not into much? I would go to an university and study a crap ton of material. But, that's poor me speaking.

Either he's done it all by 35.....doubtful, or he's just dull as dog shit and hasn't found something to do. Hell, I could spend a decade learning to cook. I already love cooking and I'm poor as hell.

Not to mention extraordinarily difficult skills to master like blacksmithing, glassblowing, building robots,

Sounds to me, like someone needs to check out the Tested channel on youtube, and get into the Maker movement.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

hey i have an idea if he doesn't like being rich just go donate your damn money to a bunch of charities and work your way back up from the bottom

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Some of you seem kinda passionate about this. It's not just about money. Sitting at home every day can completely kill any motivation you have, so I can empathise with him to an extent.

To be clear, I liked because you made me laugh.

hey i have an idea if he doesn't like being rich just go donate your damn money to a bunch of charities and work your way back up from the bottom

Sounds like an idea to me.

Could definitely get a girl after giving up a billion dollars to charity and starting all over. If not.....well then you have bigger problems.

Notch said once money has ruined his ability to find people without them turning out to be friends just for his money.

then he should leave the country or go somewhere where people dont know him as that rich minecraft guy. honestly i understand that people may treat you like shit for being rich this thread proves it, but this man needs to find SOMETHING to do, honestly the two biggest problems in my life are money, and being single. and this guy sitting on a pile of cash and crying? bro. swap places with me for a damn month.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Either he's done it all by 35.....doubtful, or he's just dull as dog shit and hasn't found something to do. Hell, I could spend a decade learning to cook. I already love cooking and I'm poor as hell.

Not to mention extraordinarily difficult skills to master like blacksmithing, glassblowing, building robots,

Sounds to me, like someone needs to check out the Tested channel on youtube, and get into the Maker movement.

Guy has issues... is as simple as it gets, he's a divorced man that has lost touch with society. That's a mixture known to cause depression. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Sounds like an idea to me.

Could definitely get a girl after giving up a billion dollars to charity and starting all over. If not.....well then you have bigger problems.

yeah if i made a game company and it was bought for a few million and i couldn't figure out what to do i would donate it and start all over again, if he did it once he sure as hell could do it again

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Guy has issues... is as simple as it gets, he's a divorced man that has lost touch with society. That's a mixture known to cause depression. 

......Well I would know where that would lead for me. Copious amounts of marijuana use.

yeah if i made a game company and it was bought for a few million and i couldn't figure out what to do i would donate it and start all over again, if he did it once he sure as hell could do it again

I would hope so. Unless minecraft was a complete and utter fluke.

......Well I would know where that would lead for me. Copious amounts of marijuana use.

I would hope so. Unless minecraft was a complete and utter fluke.

if that is true then he just needs to start making games until 1 or 2 is good and then donate most of his money to charity

Spoiler

if that is true then he just needs to start making games until 1 or 2 is good and then donate most of his money to charity

Agreed.

That or make some smart investments, and pick up a serious drug/party habit. Which from what I can tell, is the usual tactic for the ridiculously wealthy.

Of course this happened. Money can't make you happy, not in the same way as doing something you enjoy or hanging out with people you love and trust, or anything else. It sounds like he needs to do or find something he loves to do. A hobby will definitely help, and not by itself. Donating the cause of his problems would help too, or maybe traveling the world with limited cash or something.

I could win the jackpot of all jackpots tomorrow and I'd still only live in a comfortable small house, with an old dingy car and maintain a job (that I love) to pay my bills. Because otherwise, what a sad little world.

all i know is damn i wish i could complain about having too much money :jealousy activated

Someone like Notch wont be able to step foot outside without someone going "Hey I know you, you're that billionaire who created Minecraft".And by people I meant dating. i tried online dating and always ended up with people knwoing who he was

I can tell you now, I wouldn't know what he looked like. There are definitely people out there who do not know about him, and I mean a lot of people, or people who do know and won't act crazy about it. So he's not exactly all that isolated.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Agreed.

That or make some smart investments, and pick up a serious drug/party habit. Which from what I can tell, is the usual tactic for the ridiculously wealthy.

yeah and he could maybe put 1 billion in stock for amd to save their ass

Spoiler

Solution, give your friends money so they don't have to work. Seriously he has basically an unlimited supply of money. He could take his true best friends and just travel the world. 

He should buy a giant warehouse and turn it into a Massive VR Simulator. Then He can program a VR game that simulates poverty. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I can understand where Notch is coming from but he if he wants people to like him and not just think of him as a sad rich guy he should try to do something for the common good with his money. Kind of how people didn't like Alfred Nobel before he created the Nobel prize which is now so famous and well renowned.

I don't think I'd ever want to be that rich and famous. He's right, he will never just be Markus to anyone new he meets again, at least until Minecraft dies off. He's always going to be the billionaire who created the game. It's too bad he's divorced, it's going to be really hard for him to find the right woman now.

-snip

Maybe he should donate most of his riches to charity and then find actual work if it bothers him this much?

Oh wait he won't -___- he just says this crap because he wants some attention lol

He could go outside and do stuff, go travel the world, make new friends and enjoy everything with his riches instead of moping about in a mirror for being rich.... :/

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Can I have a Pioneer CDJ setup then? Please? I don't need four decks, just two. I'll feel like garbage for getting it and stuff but I really need a new DJ setup. The American Audio VMS 4.1 is AWFUL.

Over a certain point money is irrelevant to happiness. And by over a certain point I mean not deprived.

There's been countless studies that show that people have a baseline of happiness. That they automatically fall back to after a shock to the system, like winning the lottery. Or losing a limb.

He's probably never really been happy. Some people are just like that.

He should just found a new game dev company, or work for one. Idk like go to studio wildcard or something.

- snip-

Well most people usually make the joke that rich people get into charity and humanitarian causes for tax evasion but the reality is that there's a lot of what he is mentioning that comes into play: people need purpose and since most people can never achieve their ambitions they never seek purpose outside of work and a career but once that's out of the equation, people seek other forms of edification yes mostly due to selfish reason but if patronage helps others too well that's a happy consequence.

-------

Current Rig

-------