3080 Latest Drivers (SLUGGISH GAMEPLAY)

Go to solution Solved by PcBeExpensive,
2 hours ago, Justbon321 said:

nah monitor is good, but should i play 240 hz 1080p HIGH settings in siege, or 165 hz 1440p low settings? i got a 3080 and idk which one would be better when playng

I would go 165hz 1440p. Better quality and there isn't much different between 240 hz and 165 hz for the average person.

Need help with 3080 drivers, I have been recently installing the latest drivers starting from april and thats when my pc started laggy, I felt really sluggish when moving around in video games. I had this same issue with my 1080 3 years ago and still yet to find a fix. I have a 12700KF CPU and RTX 3080 GPU and I am getting 200+ fps in SIege and Cod but my 99% fps doesnt go near my actual fps which they are around 90 - 180 FPS in both COD and siege. I really need this to be fixed because gaming doesnt feel the same anymore. If you wanna know the issues im feeling when playing just turn your monitor if you have it set to 144 hz to 60 hz and thats how it feels whenever I play.

I have already reinstalled my windows, Updated my bios, Updated my drivers.

37 minutes ago, Justbon321 said:

Need help with 3080 drivers, I have been recently installing the latest drivers starting from april and thats when my pc started laggy, I felt really sluggish when moving around in video games. I had this same issue with my 1080 3 years ago and still yet to find a fix. I have a 12700KF CPU and RTX 3080 GPU and I am getting 200+ fps in SIege and Cod but my 99% fps doesnt go near my actual fps which they are around 90 - 180 FPS in both COD and siege. I really need this to be fixed because gaming doesnt feel the same anymore. If you wanna know the issues im feeling when playing just turn your monitor if you have it set to 144 hz to 60 hz and thats how it feels whenever I play.

I have already reinstalled my windows, Updated my bios, Updated my drivers.

Go back to the drivers that the GPU worked fine on and see if there are any issues on that driver.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

On 5/16/2024 at 11:16 PM, PcBeExpensive said:

Go back to the drivers that the GPU worked fine on and see if there are any issues on that driver.

Nope, didnt work

On 5/18/2024 at 4:39 PM, Justbon321 said:

Nope, didnt work

Is the GPU overclock and underclocked? Also contact the Manufacturer and Nvidia.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Is the GPU overclock and underclocked? Also contact the Manufacturer and Nvidia.

not sure, all ik is the fans turn really loud if i dont change the curve in the msi, and btw are you sure 3080 should be fine using 1440p monitor cause im thinking about switching to 1080 if this problems persist

22 hours ago, Justbon321 said:

not sure, all ik is the fans turn really loud if i dont change the curve in the msi, and btw are you sure 3080 should be fine using 1440p monitor cause im thinking about switching to 1080 if this problems persist

Not sure what the fan curve thing is about, have you contacted the manufacturer? Also 3080 should be fine at 1440p.

My First PC

3 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Not sure what the fan curve thing is about, have you contacted the manufacturer? Also 3080 should be fine at 1440p.

yeah, in some games it feels good as long as the 1% lows is above the Refresh rate of the monitor, but some of the games i play feel sluggish even tho im getting 200+ fps doesnt make sense tbh

1 hour ago, Justbon321 said:

yeah, in some games it feels good as long as the 1% lows is above the Refresh rate of the monitor, but some of the games i play feel sluggish even tho im getting 200+ fps doesnt make sense tbh

That's weird, maybe it's an actual monitor issue? Make sure the monitor refresh rate hasn't changed or something and is what it's supposed to be.

My First PC

4 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

That's weird, maybe it's an actual monitor issue? Make sure the monitor refresh rate hasn't changed or something and is what it's supposed to be.

nah monitor is good, but should i play 240 hz 1080p HIGH settings in siege, or 165 hz 1440p low settings? i got a 3080 and idk which one would be better when playng

2 hours ago, Justbon321 said:

I would go 165hz 1440p. Better quality and there isn't much different between 240 hz and 165 hz for the average person.

My First PC