Dell unveils its curved 27in and G-Sync monitors

ahhming

The S2716DG is a 27in Flat screen with a quad HD (2,560 x 1,440) resolution, 144Hz refresh rate and " NVIDIA’s G-Sync Gen II technology "

The S2716DG is designed to provide an uncompromising gaming experience with sharp and undistorted moving images, thanks to NVIDIA’s G-Sync Gen II technology and the fastest refresh rate at 144Hz.

It has a DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4, four USB 3.0 ports, and both line and headphone outputs. The stand not only has height and swivel adjustment, but can also pivot into portrait mode.
Dell doesn't specify the type of panel it used, the 1-ms response time makes it likely that it's based on TN .

The S271DG will be available from 20th October with an MSRP of $799.99.
Dell-S2716DG.jpg

SE2716H is a 27inch 1080p curved monitor, runs @60Hz. and  has a VA panel , this model does not have gsync and will be available from the 15th September for $399.99. 

EmH1J1s.jpg
Source:
 http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2015/08/27/in-a-league-of-their-own-dell-introduces-its-first-gaming-monitor-and-new-27-curved-display

http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/40049/Quadro_GSync_install_guide_v4.pdf

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/dell-unveils-first-curved-27in-and-g-sync-monitors

*update with gsync gen ll

Edited by ahhming

much monies

so expensive

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

giphy.gif

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Can we not put the link in the title? EDIT: Looks cleaner now, not like a spam bot (:

Monitor looks fantastic, shame that it's likely TN. The picture doesn't really show it being curved, though. Would have thought all the pictures of it would show the curve as much as possible. 

@LinusTech, switching monitor yet ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

The picture doesn't really show it being curved, though. 

I was just about to type that.. it looks completely flat

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The S2716DG is a 27in flat screen with a quad HD (2,560 x 1,440) resolution, 144Hz refresh rate and Nvidia's flicker and tear-reducing G-Sync technology.

It has a DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4, four USB 3.0 ports, and both line and headphone outputs. The stand not only has height and swivel adjustment, but can also pivot into portrait mode.

Dell doesn't specify the type of panel it used, the 1-ms response time makes it likely that it's based on TN .

Dell-S2716DG.jpg

The S271DG will be available from 20th October with an MSRP of $799.99.

Source:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/dell-unveils-first-curved-27in-and-g-sync-monitors

if its ips. then its probably the best thing thats ever happened.    I want one

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

The product name is a bit flat, but i would love too add this monitor to my setuo either way

To be honest, if they made a flat 24" version, IPS (like a redesigned U2414H), I would switch out all my 1080p monitors to them as soon as I could, it looks fantastic. 

EDIT: Also, if you look at the top edge, you can see the curve a bit. Still, for what seems to be a promotion shot, it definitely looks flat at a glance. 

OP, you should add the info about the Dell SE2716H if you have the word "curve" in yr title...

The product name is a bit flat, but i would love too add this monitor to my setuo either way

Can we not put the link in the title? EDIT: Looks cleaner now, not like a spam bot (:

Monitor looks fantastic, shame that it's likely TN. The picture doesn't really show it being curved, though. Would have thought all the pictures of it would show the curve as much as possible. 

It's becasue the picture is the flat version. 

The SE2716H has a curve. While the SE2716DG does not. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I love dell for the monitors.

Good to see they're pushing out some game oriented ones.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

To be honest, if they made a flat 24" version, IPS (like a redesigned U2414H), I would switch out all my 1080p monitors to them as soon as I could, it looks fantastic. 

EDIT: Also, if you look at the top edge, you can see the curve a bit. Still, for what seems to be a promotion shot, it definitely looks flat at a glance. 

theres 2 model , had a hard time translating the original source 

There will also be a cheaper variant, the Dell SE2716H which will curved & non gsync be available from the 15th September for $399.99. 

EmH1J1s.jpg

According to this product page @ Dell's China site, the SE2716H is a 1080P monitor, runs @60Hz. And it has a VA panel...

It probably has the same panel as Samsung's  27" curved 1080P monitor LS27D590CS....

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=cn&l=zh&s=dhs&cs=cndhs1&sku=210-AGGN (in Chinese)

If the 1440p one was IPS I would have been very interested in it. I'll just wait for the PG279Q to be released....

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

It is a shame that the monitor is TN panel.

Maybe an UltraSharp model is coming where it is the same but IPS and color calibrated?

They are many new models number leaked on August 18th, but 0 details, just guessing, and some have new letters added, so maybe.

TN panel -> don't give a flying fuzz...

This.

I am amazed that DELL decided to make such a mistake...   probably think that gamers "prefer" TN... well, people will choose accordingly and i hope DELL hurts real bad.

People who spend 500+$ on a TN deserve to suffer on the other hand.

G-Sync technology.

It has a DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4

Sooo, I take it, this either has something like the BenQ XL2420G, or is a misprint and only has the one DP connector for the g-sync, or there's a new gsync2.0 out of fucking nowhere.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

I like the Gsync implementation, not so much the TN panel. Eventually Dell will get the magic combination. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Sooo, I take it, this either has something like the BenQ XL2420G, or is a misprint and only has the one DP connector for the g-sync, or there's a new gsync2.0 out of fucking nowhere.

I don't think it is a mis-print. The improvements to g-sync will be out soon as the PG279Q will also have HDMI instead of just a single DP.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

It is a shame that the monitor is TN panel.

Maybe an UltraSharp model is coming where it is the same but IPS and color calibrated?

They are many new models number leaked on August 18th, but 0 details, just guessing, and some have new letters added, so maybe.

The fact that they have G-sync monitors in the works and unveiled - has me absolutely excited for their upcoming releases.  Their stand, their calibration and variable refresh technologies is just a win.  Especially if they end up making some curved, calibrated ultarwides, or a 39+ inch 4k monitor.  *_*