Fable Legends Windows 10 Store Exclusive

othertomperson

Franchise peaked at Fable 2 for sure, and that was 2008 everyone. Take off them rosy glasses and enjoy the billion other awesome games now.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I loved Fable 2 (Sorry to admit I haven't played Fable 1 or Fable Anniversary yet). I really really wanted to love Fable 3, but I couldn't.

The in-game combat mechanics were good. The idea behind the story was good. But it fell apart in several ways.

First: The UI oh my fucking god kill me now bad. I mean, opening the fucking Map? You literally had to transport your character to a room, and open it there. It was horrible. There were numerous other problems with the UI, but the map was by far the biggest problem for me.

Second: Forcing the story to progress. I was playing, and I love to be a greedy money whore in Fable - so I stopped playing the story missions for a while so I could grind some side quests, buy real-estate, and just generally earn money (You know, to better prepare for ze end of days) - and then the game basically was just like "nope" half way through my grinding - and literally skipped the rest of the missions and the "invasion" was suddenly upon me. I was screwed of course, because I had been dumping all my money into buying real-estate, so I had a very high income, but basically no cash on hand. And that means that pretty much everyone in the city dies.

Perhaps one day I'll replay it and see if I can do better, but it infuriated me to no end.

I'd love to replay Fable 2 sometime though. And play the first one (on PC of course) - but I've heard very bad things about Fable Anniversary Edition - apparently in many ways, it's worse than the original edition.

tbh, just get the normal version of Fable 1 (including The Lost Chapters, of course). I have both and regret buying the Anniversary edition (got it on sale, no way I was paying 32€). The graphics, while sometimes looking more smooth than in the original, sometimes the 11yo original version looks better - and that's a huge let-down.

The only benefit you'll get from buying the Anniversary edition is the controller support (one of the reasons why I bought it, I prefer 3rd person games to play with a controller).

As for the other parts of the series:

Yes, there are some big flaws in them (the dog in Fable 2 was very often just useless, I never got the patch for English language to work on my X360 which pisses me off because Fable 3 had lots of great voice actors - Sir Ben Kingsley, John Cleese, Simon Pegg, Stephen Fry, etc.). Some design choices were just annoying but overall I loved the games.

The step to the industrial revolution age was awesome (I still missed bows :( ), the design of the characters, the monsters and the weapons was an improvement in my opinion, also, the variety in areas - from the snowy mountains to swamps, to the desert.

I have to agree though, there's so much wasted potential in the games, too much restriction. Fable 3 could've been an epic journey. Still love the games, it's just that Fable Legends will never be a part of my collection with those stupid restrictions (DX12, Win10 only, Windows Store only, not a traditional Fable-sequel).

Y'know, for those of us bitching about how this isn't on Steam, could you please stop? This game is heavily integrated with Xbox services for cross-platform play with the Xbox One, of course it's not gonna be on Steam. Valve would never allow something that heavily integrated with a competing platform (Uplay is fine I guess because it's not an entirely different platform and nobody really gives a shit about it) on their service, and Microsoft isn't gonna integrate it with Steamworks and therefore not have Xbox One cross-compatibility. This as a whole is a huge non-issue being blown way out of proportion.

Fable Legends is on XBox as well - which is a console. So that kind of throws number one out the Window.

It also took ages for any of the Valve games to make it to console. And not every Valve game is available on Console even still.

Did it? I wasn't really aware of games like HL2 until about the time KOTOR 2 came out (was on the original KOTOR forums, a mod made me aware with one of the most hilarious posts I've ever read, I wish I had a screenshot of it.)

Just to point out,, I did buy HL2 for the first time for PC, but I could never play it because that was back when I was using pre-builts, and could never get one of the levels to load. I did buy it again on console, and yet again on pc because I can't remember the original account info from buying it the first time.

1. Fable Legends will be on Xbox 1. Even if it wasn't the fact that those games are on console do not change the fact that no one has the option to buy them from any other vendor on PC.

2. That's not a valid excuse for the irrationality and hypocrisy surrounding this game.

3. You own BF4 which can only be bought on Origin.

1. partially true. If I remember correctly, Valve games, while exclusive to Steam on PC, are on both sony and microsoft platforms (not to mention OSX). At least Half Life 2 is.

2. It absolutely is. Microsoft has an enormous track record for anti-competitive behavior, in more than just the gaming arena.

3. I don't deny that. I burned the roast. When it comes to battlefield games, I basically have battered housewife syndrome. I hate them, but I can't leave them.

I also have Watch Dogs and Far Cry 4 on Uplay. I've recently decided to finish Far Cry 4......god it feels horrible to open Uplay. I guess in the end, I would just like ONE SINGLE PROGRAM for all my games. I don't really give a damn about DRM because....they're basically all the same from my point of view (a non technical, I click on things, point of view). And it just annoys me that if I want to play one game I open one program, another game another program, etc, etc, etc.

90% of my games are on Steam though. Gotta love them Steam sales. Which I think is what the big deal here is. Games are generally cheaper on Steam than Origin or Uplay.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If people really believe everything should be on Steam you're all terrible consumers. There is literally no problem with Microsoft wanting to release their games outside of Steam, provided the platform is functional I see no issue. The Windows 10 Xbox app seems fine to me and I haven't had any issues so far, and if this is about just wanting your games in one library you should pay the fee MS would have to pay to put the game on Steam. Which no one will because they're all so entitled and want to keep sucking Gaben's dick.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Btw guys it's f2p apparently

So your comments about not buying it are kinda moot :P

Did it? I wasn't really aware of games like HL2 until about the time KOTOR 2 came out (was on the original KOTOR forums, a mod made me aware with one of the most hilarious posts I've ever read, I wish I had a screenshot of it.)

Just to point out,, I did buy HL2 for the first time for PC, but I could never play it because that was back when I was using pre-builts, and could never get one of the levels to load. I did buy it again on console, and yet again on pc because I can't remember the original account info from buying it the first time.

1. partially true. If I remember correctly, Valve games, while exclusive to Steam on PC, are on both sony and microsoft platforms (not to mention OSX). At least Half Life 2 is.

2. It absolutely is. Microsoft has an enormous track record for anti-competitive behavior, in more than just the gaming arena.

3. I don't deny that. I burned the roast. When it comes to battlefield games, I basically have battered housewife syndrome. I hate them, but I can't leave them.

I also have Watch Dogs and Far Cry 4 on Uplay. I've recently decided to finish Far Cry 4......god it feels horrible to open Uplay. I guess in the end, I would just like ONE SINGLE PROGRAM for all my games. I don't really give a damn about DRM because....they're basically all the same from my point of view (a non technical, I click on things, point of view). And it just annoys me that if I want to play one game I open one program, another game another program, etc, etc, etc.

90% of my games are on Steam though. Gotta love them Steam sales. Which I think is what the big deal here is. Games are generally cheaper on Steam than Origin or Uplay.

What has Microsoft done that has been anti-competitive in the gaming arena? (I'm not disagreeing or agreeing, I'm just curious) Do you consider Microsoft not releasing Fable Legends on the STEAM store anti-competitive? Because i personally think it's the opposite. 

Also, I don't think your ever going to be able to get all your games in one place, especially F2P games and MMOs. But at least, for the Windows Store, you can launch apps directly without the Xbox app or Store app opening.

Maybe you can all tell me more about how stupid Valve is for making all their PC games Steam exclusive? Or nah?

You know you can buy them on console too, right? 

That doesn't mean they are updated as CSGO it's available on console but it's not updated from like couple of years if not more.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

The Fable Series died with Fable 2.

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Only some. And that doesn't take away from the fact that on the PC, they are only available through Steam.

Fable Legends is available on Console too (Albeit, only XBO, since it's a Microsoft game).

List of Valve games only available on PC through Steam:

Half-Life Opposing Force (You can call it an Expansion, but it's still a stand-alone installer/game - much like FC: Blood Dragon)

HL: Blu Shift

Counter-Strike: Source

Team Fortress Classic

Day of Defeat

Day of Defeat: Source

Alien Swarm

Dota 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Valve_Corporation_video_games

Not to mention that not a single Valve game is available for Current Gen consoles, that I can tell. Many of the games I excluded from the above list are only on the Original XBox, or at best, PS3 and XBox 360.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Not to mention that not a single Valve game is available for Current Gen consoles, that I can tell. Many of the games I excluded from the above list are only on the Original XBox, or at best, PS3 and XBox 360.

Current gen consoles only happened 2 years ago now, when was the last Valve game released? That's probably why.

Good Steam needs some competition.
If Microsoft can make some profit from selling in their own store we might even see them actually putting effort into PC gaming.

RTX2070OC 

Current gen consoles only happened 2 years ago now, when was the last Valve game released? That's probably why.

Perhaps, but Valve could have ported their existing popular games to the current gen consoles. CS:GO, TF2, Portal 2, L4D2, etc. DOTA2 could be ported to console (Albeit, MOBA's don't necessarily work the best on console - SMITE is on XBox One, for example).

2 years is plenty of time to port over their most successful games. Portal 2 and L4D2 would each likely recoup the investment of a PS4/XBO port.

Besides, there's still that very long list of Valve games that aren't (and never were) available on any console.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Perhaps, but Valve could have ported their existing popular games to the current gen consoles. CS:GO, TF2, Portal 2, L4D2, etc. DOTA2 could be ported to console (Albeit, MOBA's don't necessarily work the best on console - SMITE is on XBox One, for example).

2 years is plenty of time to port over their most successful games. Portal 2 and L4D2 would each likely recoup the investment of a PS4/XBO port.

Besides, there's still that very long list of Valve games that aren't (and never were) available on any console.

True. I'd only assume they won't do it because they don't see the point when they probably make more money with Steam OR they are waiting for Source 2 to finish and then port their games there and then port them to current gen consoles.

True. I'd only assume they won't do it because they don't see the point when they probably make more money with Steam OR they are waiting for Source 2 to finish and then port their games there and then port them to current gen consoles.

Quite possible with Source 2. Not to mention that Valve honestly doesn't care that much about new games these days. They're taking in all the monies from 3rd party sales and from Skins and Characters from their F2P games.

hey everyone who is bitching about it not being on steam, at least they are making it availible and without some god aweful DRM like game for window live' I mean does anyone recall fable 3 ?

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |