Stick or Auto? (Car)

spyder

I like the stick, can be bummer when you're stuck in traffic though or eating/drinking when you needed to change gears haha. Auto is just for old/boring people.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

lol see i dont understand people are starting to get lazy and only enthusiast and the people in the uk are willing to use stick

I'm in the US.  At least in Europe a bunch of people still prefer manual, and you learn how to drive on a manual.  Here 99.5% of people learn on auto and 99% of people drive auto and have no interest in learning manual.   :rolleyes:

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Yeah... what he said is true in the United States.  In Europe manual is preferred.  

It's actually pretty sad when I ask people here if they would want to learn manual, they say no  :blink:

Makes way more sense to learn manual, that way you can use either without issues!

Makes way more sense to learn manual, that way you can use either without issues!

exactly

edit: gets into a car, *hey whats that third pedal for ?*

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

exactly

edit: gets into a car, *hey whats that third pedal for ?*

The-Man-Pedal-JPEG.jpg

:P

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

The-Man-Pedal-JPEG.jpg

beauty 

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

xD You're even in the UK! The European market is DOMINATED by manual transmissions. You don't drive I guess?

LOL I was referring to the expensive cars, like AMG models, obviously with small cars you can find manual pretty easily. 

I used to be "MANUAL OR DIE" in the past. But nowadays i'm not too bothered to be honest

YOU SHOULD BE

zt2YNta.jpg

WE SHOULD FIGHT THIS

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

YOU SHOULD BE

WE SHOULD FIGHT THIS

omg i remember this xD

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

post-68877-0-97231700-1440445344.jpg

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

I much prefer manual transmission.  Even If i'm driving in heavy stop and go traffic I would rather be driving a manual.  Automatics just feel soft and wasteful and while they are just fine, driving is incredibly boring and lifeless with them

source: spent 2 years driving a manual transmission SUV, 2 years on a manual truck and 7 years on a manual transmission toyota celica.  currently own an automatic Honda element and GMC 1500 sierra classic and spent 3 years as a valet for a luxury hotel where I drove thousands of different cars both manual and automatic

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Even though i'm now partial to automatic gearboxes. This bit from a regular car review video made me laugh

rbvYAPy.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

YOU SHOULD BE

WE SHOULD FIGHT THIS

As i said.. Buying an automatic car soon

gotta get some of that PRNDL action

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

For those of you learning or have passed, what is your preference? 

I prefer stick, but unfortunately both of my cars are auto. I learned on auto, but my first car was stick, and I have intentions of converting one of my cars back to stick(since it was converted to auto).

xD You're even in the UK! The European market is DOMINATED by manual transmissions. You don't drive I guess?

Here in Canada, I have yet to see a stick shift car. The only manuals I've seen are on top gear, and my buddies Acura CSX which has optional paddle shift

Canadian Top Gear fan, tech lover and cyclist :P  Build: A10 7870k-Gigabyte FM2A68HM-HD2- G.Skill 2133Mhz 2x4gb- Cooler Master Elite 335-Antec Earthwatts 500w 80+ Bronze

#RIPTopGear :(

Stickshift bb,  nothing wrong with autos.  Anyone that says stick shift is hard to drive is BS'ing you. 

Here in Canada, I have yet to see a stick shift car. The only manuals I've seen are on top gear, and my buddies Acura CSX which has optional paddle shift

where i am in canada i see them occasionally not very often though 

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

where i am in canada i see them occasionally not very often though 

Yeah I was gonna bother and edit it but i was too lazy. Theyre not extinct, but theyre not very popular

Canadian Top Gear fan, tech lover and cyclist :P  Build: A10 7870k-Gigabyte FM2A68HM-HD2- G.Skill 2133Mhz 2x4gb- Cooler Master Elite 335-Antec Earthwatts 500w 80+ Bronze

Canada is in the EU now?!

Never even driven automatic. Manual doesn't even take that much brain power to drive with anyway. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

stick!!!! (extract every ounce of power and efficiency out of your car, you can also save your cluch by rev matching)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

stick!!!! (extract every ounce of power and efficiency out of your car, you can also save your cluch by rev matching)

autos have better efficiency though, at least the ones from the past decade or something

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Im sorry, but I cant seem to make out what your trying to say :\

what are you trying to say ? im confused 

Spoiler

and a car thread !