So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

It would exist, but it would be different in the sense of how it is utilized.  Even Carmack brought up the near identical specs of the PS4 and XBO.  The only real difference is how the APU is utilized even though it is the same APU.  Sony was just smart enough to take advantage of the GDDR5 and using it as a gain to the processing while MS went the route of using DDR3.

Honestly, I always thought that Xbox One should be just a prebuild mini-pc with Windows 8/10 on it and a skin for easy couch experience.

Look at the Alienware Alpha, it's more powerfull then both Xbox One/PS4 and cheaper at 330$ on sale, it comes with full Windows and a free xbox 360 controller and dongle which is 50$ on it's own. And yet... people are still buying Xbox One's because they are dumb. And no, exclusives aren't a good excuse.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Except IOS has too much security. Cant even drop songs onto an iphone without itunes. Oh and if u buy a new PC u have to erase the phone. Its way too locked down.

My oneplus one is running cynogenmod 12 nightly updates. I dont worry about security on it, its encrypted and has nightly updates.

You are doing something wrong if you have to erase your phone when you have a new PC. You can use synchronisation on 5 different PC's

same reason some people like mayo on thier fries over ketchup.

also its ''easy to use'' or some shit.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Alienware!? 

How is this that it outperforms something for less than the price of the thing it's trying to outperform!?

This is wizardry...

Basically every overpriced product including Razer,Alienware and Apple:

When it's on sale, you realize how overpriced the product really is if they can sell it for so low

Alienware Alpha non-sale: 462$ on Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Alienware-ASM100-1580-Console-i3-4130T-Processor/dp/B00MA7AMKY (330$ on sale)

Razer Chroma Keyboard: 75€ on CES SALE 2015, 180€ now

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Well, for me the only 2 reasons to get an XBO is for college as we have to dev some project for it.  The other reason is Halo.  Before you question it.  I'm really into Arena shooters, and the PC community is almost gone towards it.  So, I tend to do arena shooters on both consoles and PC as that's the only way to get a good lobby anymore since most A.S. games are near dead.

I said exclusives aren't a excuse. Why? Because it's one of the most shitty thing to do as a developer/publisher basically take a bribe from Sony/Microsoft.

I don't even know how steamboxes are allowed to run Windows, wouln't Microsoft be mad because they are competing directly with the Xbox One? 

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I've been using Windows since I was 5 years old, so it's become second nature to me.  I started using pro presenter 5 at our church tech booth on a 2007 iMac.  I honestly hate using that computer because it is extremely slow to boot and slow to load programs.  And I never could understand the software part either, I never could find what I'm looking for when searching for files.  

Yeah...

Even if people buy Alienware Alpha instead of console, they are one of us!

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Honestly, I always thought that Xbox One should be just a prebuild mini-pc with Windows 8/10 on it and a skin for easy couch experience.

Look at the Alienware Alpha, it's more powerfull then both Xbox One/PS4 and cheaper at 330$ on sale, it comes with full Windows and a free xbox 360 controller and dongle which is 50$ on it's own. And yet... people are still buying Xbox One's because they are dumb. And no, exclusives aren't a good excuse.

agreed, exclusives are NOT a good excuse. anymore atleast. x"DD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Well, the difference between Steve Jobs and Bill Gates is that Bill actually knew how everything worked and could actually explain it while being a decent human being donating billions of dollars to charity.  Jobs on the other hand rants about how he was part of the engineering team by saying, "We"  Over and over again yet clearly has such a messy speech prepared that he clearly shows his ignorance towards the product.

There's obviously some harted towards Jobs. I have yet to see evidence about actual bullshit "lies" but Steve knows how to market his products.

I gave them, and ya I hate Steve I have stated that and gave reasons why with facts.  What I said has been addressed in the previous 20 pages of this thread.

That he makes "overpriced" and premium products? I don't know whatelse you'd be talking about. The fact that he makes celebrities use his products is just marketing btw

I gave them, and ya I hate Steve I have stated that and gave reasons why with facts.  What I said has been addressed in the previous 20 pages of this thread.

jobs was a man with a vision.

gates was a man with a vision and knew how it all worked.

also jobs made siri. and if thats not the most fuckinga nnoying thing ive ever seen then idk what is.

-Jim Hensen

The amount of people that care about actually making the best possible build for the lowest possible cost is minimal. Apple produces solid systems with great support and an attractive design. For people who don't need the perks of going for the best possible build and for people with more than enough money all of those Apple pro's justify the premium.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

GTFO with the SPECS . specs are shit. me ,an all in android user who hates apple admit that android software is shit atm. the specs are always praised(QUAD CORE OCTO CORE 2K SCREEN WOOOW) and the software is overlooked every time. if android phone makers would take the time to really optimise the software for a...octo core phone everything would be alright.but nope,iphone with shit specs but optimised software runs better. meanwhile ios 8 adoption rate is 85%. lollipop under 20%. thats another problem. and in that 15-20% the majority is 5.0.2 ,which runs bad.

Yeah have to agree here good points

You are doing something wrong if you have to erase your phone when you have a new PC. You can use synchronisation on 5 different PC's

You can authorize 5 different PCs, not sync on 5 different ones. Go check you facts.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Read what I linked in as support to my argument.  No, he didn't use celebs as a way to push his products...he used them to create a social norm that they were superior because said celebs were paid to use them.  That's the problem.

Kinda like Beats? Well I've read most of the links u send me, I don't know how true it is. If it's true, well that sucks. About the iPad, didn't he claim that he REinvented the tablet? Anyways, I still like their products (Most of them). I'd NEVER buy a mac pro or an iMac or the new Macbook from 2015. I however like iOS and OSX though.

He probably meant "we" as in Apple, because he mainly represents Apple

This-thread-gave-me-cancer-60s-spiderman

I cannot believe the amount of bigot retardery here. Unbelievable.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Care to share the reasoning?

Your scrapyard build is better than both those imacs... :P

I will agree that some of apples design is pretty nice, but personally I find it a bit boring- as much as I love aluminium, I only like brushed- it just looks a lot more interesting. :)

Haha I know, my scrapyard build is crazy good for the price I paid! :P

I'm doing a case mod atm for it to be <20L in size.

For the most part though I can do everything on the imacs.

I've got a plain white desk so the iMac looks a fit there, I didn't pay jags for it though. I've gotten all my apple stuff dirt cheap due to issues with them and have just fixed them. They are all worth way more than when I got them :P

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Only because people have other opinions then you?

Apple is the biggest hardware/software company in the world. They can get components really cheap or even produce some themselfs. What's wrong in offering the same specs like everyone else at the same price, with the only difference being the OS X or Ios?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The specs are praised for a reason- better benchmarks (better bragging rights) better performance in games, and they also enable you to hook the phone up to a tv as the GPU is capable of driving a 4K tv. 

"ios adoption rate is 85%, lolloipop 20%" what are you trying to prove here?

Also, apple prompt you with updates, plus 80% of all phone OS'es are android...

I bet the "adomption rate" would be higher if I could update my S3 with an official update to 5.0 or 5.1 But blame Samsung for that.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The amount of people that care about actually making the best possible build for the lowest possible cost is minimal. Apple produces solid systems with great support and an attractive design. For people who don't need the perks of going for the best possible build and for people with more than enough money all of those Apple pro's justify the premium.

Am I the only one in this world who thinks that DESIGN= ORIGINALITY 

What's the point in having a pair of nice shoes if everyone owns them *trowback to Air MAX rage*

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Build quality & iPhone in 1 sentence? Are you blind?

Let's say it simple- I bought EVERY iPhone since 3GS up to 6 plus... This means 6 (six) models through years- it's a little strange that 6 model doesn't mean 6 phones... 3gs was replaced 2 times, 4 - 2 times, 4s- 1 time, 5 - 3 (THREE) times, 5s- 1 time and latest 6plus was replaced 2 times. I hope you remember that Apple warranty is only 1 year- all problems are in that time period... At the end 6 models becomes 17 (SEVENTEEN) phones- where is the "build quality"?

In same time, today I use my 5th Huawei phone (since Q4 2012) and don't even know how they handle warranty... Same thing with 3 Samsung's and 2 LG's phones- no problems at all.

So, why u keep buying them then? Curious

because frankly they just work, their quality is amazing, although other companies are getting close, i think nobody can beat them. When you get an apple product, you know it's going to work, and it's going to work the way you expect. 

If you're the creative type, something else might be you're choice, like every good phone ever. xD

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!