So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

You actually can transfer music. Don't use the sync option, just drop.

You cant just drop.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

i'm not sure if i'm the first to notice this but why would apple add a feature in itunes (on the computer version) to be able to choose what plays next then on the ipod or iphone it doesn't give you that option. I may be missing something very big and i haven't updated the os for a while because people are telling me it sucks (the new music app), but i do have a macbook pro with the updated itunes. 

I will tell my story. I had an an old Pentium m Acer laptop that after a hdd failure I ran Ubuntu until it was replaced...sometime after that got a core 2 duo either 13 or 15 inch MacBook. The plastic case did crack over time on edges or bottom and I knew someone else that had that happen. Battery mechanism did fail near the end of its life. But in terms of usability I loved it. And it was always good to use for me. Then I replaced it with a Toshiba satellite p850. It had wifi issues on the stock install it ran for most of its life. Also had the cooling system block up so regularly get overheating issues and I don't take laptops apart unless I'm destroying them. It wasn't bad but not for me because I recommended one to someone else. Recently this year I bought a mid2014 rmbp initially maverick OS X had big issues related to Optimus graphics switching. When Yosemite rolled around this has got a lot better and the graphics crashes went away. I hacked this setup not at all unlike the pervious MacBook (it had macports installed and root unlocked). I have been very happy with both the hardware and software overall in apple laptops I've owned.

I have owned apple AirPort Extreme then time machine now and liked both of them and the extreme lasted years but developed issues after a power fault.

I liked my iPhone more than some of my androids. I owned htc wildfire(which was jail broken for quite a while which was a massive improvement), Motorola waterproof android I forgot its name(which I really liked...), Lumia 920(which was a nice phone but apps were always an issue), and now iPhone 6. My iPhone 6 is one of the best phones I've owned in overall experience. The Lumia and Motorola were nice as well.

Apple products have always been good consistent experiences for me. Not perfect as I detailed but been overall better for me than others due to inconsistent implemention.

And now I'm out.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

People are stupid.

People don't want to think.

People blindly follow other people.

People don't think.

Apple knows.

Its because people que used to Apple. Same as nikon or canon users.

You cant just drop.

I agree with you that it can be a lot easier and Android is easy to use to transfer files. However there are some workarounds for iOS.

because it ships with a very short chinese Mac Genius inside the box who will help the user to approach and setup his new computer for the first time

See? You are a fanboy but when  it comes down to arguments you can't be serious.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Can be justified easily. Tablets are great for accompanying you for travel but for work and school you need a laptop for your software. 

I never needed a laptop for school and I don't need one for work.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Answer, some of us just like Apple stuff

so..

shove off :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

See? You are a fanboy but when it comes down to arguments you can't be serious.

i don't have any apple product and i don't wish to, so i'm surely not the fanboy here

I just saw how you replied to me in this thread and how you write in other threads so i thought that nothing good can come out of an argument with you.

'fanboy' and 'troll' isn't a good combination

i don't have any apple product and i don't wish to, so i'm surely not the fanboy here

I just saw how you replied to me in this thread and how you write in other threads so i thought that nothing good can come out of an argument with you.

'fanboy' and 'troll' isn't a good combination

I think you trolled me with you when I asked a genuine question if an Imac would be easier to use for my mom or grandma/grandpa.

because it ships with a very short chinese Mac Genius inside the box who will help the user to approach and setup his new computer for the first time

Oh btw that's kinda racist too.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I never needed a laptop for school and I don't need one for work.

Depends what you do and where you work... I don't mean high school or a non IT related school. My school absolutely requires a laptop to use visual studio visual paradigm etc.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Sounds like you got yourself some bargains :)

Yeah I did,

I originally got the iMac (24) because it was only $80 AUD and all it needed was a new HDD so I thought Id do that and sell it but I liked it too much to get rid of it. I got a aluminum macbook for my partners birthday thats coming up for pretty cheap as well, put an SSD in it and it's lightning quick now as well.

Just gotta look out for the cheap sales I guess, people just want to get rid of them because they don't have the knowledge to fix them

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Not trying to bash here, but the ludicrous amounts Apple charges for their products is criminal. Building a PC (or even buying a prebuilt one) usually costs 1/2 or less for the same stuff! 

I'm simply perplexed. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

Most of the non-techies I know buy apple products because they don't know any better and will buy the most expensive things thinking they are better but when I tell them that my stuff is cheaper does the same thing(or more) they look at me like i'm crazy.

Well mostly because of past experience. When you buy an Apple product you expect quality (no matter what model you choose).

You can't apply the same rules for PC's unless you know exactly what you are searching for (and let's be honest there's a difference between consumers and prosumers).

If everbody would spend the same amount of money on choosing a good pc than just buying a Mac, the debate will end here, but truth is they aren't. 

I've heard so many things like: "Why should I pay 50 bucks more for this laptop when this one is cheaper and has the same specs?". Better cooling design, better materials, less crap software installed is something not everbody takes for granted.

And then of course there are businesses. You really don't expect a manager to show up at a conference with a shinny Asus ROG laptop regardless the price or some other brand that by the looks of it doesn't screem "I can afford 2000 bucks on this so let;s do business"..

These days it's getting better, however there really are few options out there that do stand out. At the end of the day is what you prefer as well.

If you can't stand OSX or Apple design choices (myself included, and I do have a mac Mini running as a test server nicely), then it's pretty obvious that it won;t be on your choice list and that is ok.

Because, Apple allows free updates until the hardware isn't supported anymore. Also, they allow you to do no modifications to their hardware because it's "perfect."

Ease of Use + aesthetics. A very small minority of people also see it as: price = quality.

Certainly has nothing to do with performance. You will get far more "bang for your buck" with a Windows system or home built system than you will with anything from Apple.

At the completely opposite end of the spectrum would be Linux which is not only a royal PITA to use but looks antiquated.

(I use all 3 BTW, helps in the IT world to be familiar with everything)

I don't know...some people are crazy? Stupid? Misinformed? Manipulated? Blind? Into fads?

Something like that, I'm sure.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I do love these rabid anti apple posts.  They are good for a laugh.   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Please don't ignorantly bash apple/windows

This is more of a discussion thread just to understand a bit better.

My dad is an apple lover.  He calls himself an apple guy.  He has an iphone 6, ipad air 2, macbook pro, apple TV, and is planning to get an apple watch..  He's also waiting on the new apple TV, and is going to buy an iMac as well.

He was going to buy an apple router+expressport, but luckily I stopped him from doing that, by showing him a 10x better router for $30 cheaper.

Anyways, he is always saying his macbook is this and that, and there is some uneducated points he makes which got me thinking.

Why do people just deem apple the best?

Their support is clearly amazing.  My dad took his macbook to the apple store recently cause he thought his hard drive was slow.  They took about 2hours and didn't charge a dime, plus gave him some advice on why his system was slower than usual. 

But for me, I built a $964 desktop and, spec wise, im beating the high-end iMac by a long shot.  Plus, I'm not tied to a GPU I can't upgrade.

Like, im fucking confused.. Are people just drawn to the design and simplicity?

Is it because there are more "average" users than users who need the extra 3 gb of vRam and 2ghz more processor speed?

Please state your opinion!

ONE WORD : MARKETING! Same reason why ppl think Beats are the best headphones

Not trying to bash here, but the ludicrous amounts Apple charges for their products is criminal. Building a PC (or even buying a prebuilt one) usually costs 1/2 or less for the same stuff! 

I'm simply perplexed. 

Lets see examples then? 

The Mac Pro uses ECC ram, workstation GPUs and Xeon processors. The iMac is an all in one with a 5k display. 

Show me another prebuilt that comes with the same stuff for less please. 

and people would rather pay more money for something worse. 

then apple fanboys say you don't like them because you can't afford it, and your like  " bitch my pc is worth about 5k" I would just rather spend my K on something worth i

Biased comment is biased.

I'm not an apple fanboy, but I like their products. However, I'd never buy an iMac or Mac pro, or the new Macbook 2015

Also, ur rig isn't worth 5k.