So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

messing around with memory cards is never fun, and I never have to look at a file browser, yay

Have you used an SD card at all? Just wondering... I've never had to 'mess around' with an SD card before. The SD card is treated no differently from a phone's internal storage. In the past, I have simply been able to move my SD card from one phone to another, and all my memories are instantly carried over - videos, pictures, documents - just like that. It's legit plug and play.

Applications used to be stored on SD cards, but the flaw with that was that when the phone was rebooted, applications would disappear from the launcher in the process of the phone rescanning the internal memory for media files. People also used to use cheapo slow ass SD cards on their expensive phones, then complain about how laggy Android is or how long their app takes to open, when it's just down to their choice of shitty SD card. I think the reason the Note 5 etc doesn't have SD expansion imo is because people think they can get an expensive phone and cheap out on accessories for it, like the SD card.

When a person goes to open their camera, your phone needs to first initialise the camera, then access the SD card to make sure there is enough space to actually take pictures. If you've got a cheapo chinese SD card, well that SD card will be playing catch-up and the phone's gonna have to wait on it. Same thing when you take a picture - Phone has to make sure there's enough space, then write the picture to storage. No indication or flash is given on screen until the picture is saved to the storage - so if your SD card is slow, you'll be playing the waiting game.

When I need a bigger SD card, just buy from a decent brand such as Sandisk, and use a computer to copy the stuff over. I've also never had an SD card die on me, even after what could possibly be almost terabytes of usage on some of my cards, vs countless USB drives.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

So... what are you precisely doing with that much power on the go?

Also there is no way the octa-core in my tablet underperforms to a dual core at shitty dual core.

1.1GHz

1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.4GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache

Configurable to 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.

with that amount of power on the go I can photoshop/edit RAW footage without trouble and even render out a short video if needed, laptops would also be capable of doing that, but photoshop would eat away the battery life, which hasnt been an issue so far on my mac concerning photoshop.

edit:

At the moment I don't need the power like practical classes at school, there it just sits around with it's screen on displaying instructions for experiments it can last the whole day(8h+) without the need to charge it or plug in.

when turning down the brightness, going full idle and turning off some features like wifi I once reached a theoretical battery life of 21H with the lid open.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

My dad uses only Apple products (almost) he says: "It might not do everything. but everything it does, it does best." and because it always works. Apple might not have the most high end products, but they make minimum compromises. accept price. I mean comparing a MacBook Pro to a really high end laptop, the MacBook with medium-high specs still gets excellent battery life. and my MSI GS70 with a GTX970m drains to 0% within 1,5 hours on heavy load.

Apple products are really good and reliable. People wanted it because of its high security level and should I say the trend of the world. They would aim for something that is on the list of in demand products and apple is on top of it. They may not know the answer but they really trust the product.

Have you used an SD card at all? Just wondering... I've never had to 'mess around' with an SD card before. The SD card is treated no differently from a phone's internal storage. 

you realise that I am a photographer? and own many android devices? as well as custom built pcs and windows servers.....

I think I understand how SD cards work :)

And I still like the fact I dont have to use one on my phone, and that i dont have to use a file browser..... its simple and does what I want,

Heck I even hate having to just organise apps on android having apps in the drawer and on the homescreens... too much effort

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I prefer Apple phones because of the basic fact I can plug it into my car audio system via USB and play lossless music files, spotify, pandora, ect through a digital connection. Letting my system process the audio for the best sound quality I can get. Unlike the out dated Android system, I cannot do this simple task. Bluetooth is always brought up but the fact that the audio quality is utter dogshit, I cannot use Android phones. 

Lmao.. like cars have good audio...

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No, because they don't exist- at the current time, there is no setup capable of driving a 5K display, its unnecessary. Apple did it as a sales gimmick- they've put a 5K display on a PC with

Not enough performance to power it, and they then put a poor cooling system in it to cool the stressed GPU. It's unnecessary, pointless and a gimmick.

Lmao mate I game in 5K and 8K using DSR every day and can edit Red Epic Dragon 6K RAW footage without any problems.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

you realise that I am a photographer? and own many android devices? as well as custom built pcs and windows servers.....

I think I understand how SD cards work smile.png

And I still like the fact I dont have to use one on my phone, and that i dont have to use a file browser..... its simple and does what I want,

Heck I even hate having to just organise apps on android having apps in the drawer and on the homescreens... too much effort

Eh, I guess I see where you're coming from. I've been used to filesystems on cellphones since my old Nokia, and even my BlackBerry, and really imo when you're used to having a filesystem you can't live without it. There was a time when I didn't even realise my phone had a gallery app - if I needed to see a video or picture I'd fish through the file manager to find the file. Those days are long gone though - I really just open the filemanager nowadays to organise files, delete useless downloads and remove large system cache files (*cough*AndroidThumbnailsFolder*cough*Almost1GBBig*cough*) as well as move gallery pictures, since the stock gallery app doesn't keep the file's original modification time when moved >_>. I'm upgrading to an S5 today from my S4 mini, so I'll see if Samsung has changed for the better or not.

There's no doubt that iOS has the easiest-to-use backup and restore system in existence, but for users experienced with Android, custom recoveries perform the most comprensive backup - taking a snapshot of each partition on your phone's internal storage then writing that to an SD card. But then again custom recoveries aren't for everyone, some people don't want to void their warranty etc.

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Also, Apple owns the kings of marketing. Ask someone who buys an Apple product or upgrades from the previous one why they want it. Most of the time they won't know why their they're buying Apple's annual devices.

i got a macbook air for school and i built my own gaming rig (specs of the rig&mba in sig) i bought an old iphone 4s from my uncle and i love all platforms, android sucked in the beginning but now android phones make me want to switch for the next phone i buy :D

i got a macbook air for school and i built my own gaming rig (specs of the rig&mba in sig) i bought an old iphone 4s from my uncle and i love all platforms, android sucked in the beginning but now android phones make me want to switch for the next phone i buy :D

4790K with 960, you win the most unbalanced systeem i've seen this month.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

SNIP

yeah I really just want the simplest time in life, I cant be bothered digging to remove cache files or having to organise where my files go.. I want my photos to be in my photos app, my music in my music app, my apps on on the home page

I dont have to think, I just turn on my phone, and off i go, 

My Shield (I love that thing to pieces) is a lot more faffing around, where do I want my programs installed, what apps do I want on the home screens, do I want some programs on the internal storage or the SD card, my emulators want files in different places,  etc etc etc

I barely even like to file manage on my PC, and get annoyed when I have to, 

Its great to be able to drill into that for power users, or for when I need to optimize more work orientated things . but I dont really use my computers that way, 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I prefer Apple phones because of the basic fact I can plug it into my car audio system via USB and play lossless music files, spotify, pandora, ect through a digital connection. Letting my system process the audio for the best sound quality I can get. Unlike the out dated Android system, I cannot do this simple task. Bluetooth is always brought up but the fact that the audio quality is utter dogshit, I cannot use Android phones. 

I'm sorry, but I absolutely must respond to this.

1) Apple's propietary Lightning port is NOT a USB port. It carries a lot more data than just 'USB' data.

2) Bluetooth audio quality lacking? Could you please explain what you mean by that? I've used several bluetooth headsets on my phone, as well as wired headsets, and trust me, there is absolutely no audio difference. If your phone doesn't support A2DP over Bluetooth, then you shouldn't even be trying to stream audio over Bluetooth. Do you mind me asking what phone you are talking about?

3) I'm sorry, but Android is not 'outdated' in any way. I can accept the fact that you like how Apple's products 'just work' out of the box, but it is absolutely no reason to draw your conclusions about Android over your experiences with just 1 device. Every Android device has its pros and cons. I personally have found that Samsung and HTC phones have the best on-board audio imo, with other devices sounding rather mushy and lacking clarity in the high-end, even over Bluetooth.

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

wait.. do you own a 6k camera or CAN you edit 6k but dont have a 6k camera

See it yourself, download-link in the description.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

i play mostly games that are not really GPU bound, but CPU bound :)

BrokenField 4 :D ?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Lmao mate I game in 5K and 8K using DSR every day and can edit Red Epic Dragon 6K RAW footage without any problems.

gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8, no h8

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8, no h8

Lma0 m8 i g8 in 8K don't h8 gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

gr8 m8 no d-b8 i r8 it an 8 i h8 2 b in an ir8 st8 but its my f8

hey m8 i apreci8 that u r8 it gr8 u wanna d8 and mayb masturb8 i can ask n8 and we can meet at the g8 dont b l8

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it an 8/8 plz don't h8

gr8 b8 m8 cant even h8 so I r8 8 outta 8

Gr8 b8 m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8., I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8."

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

4790K with 960, you win the most unbalanced systeem i've seen this month.

You win the most shitposting I've seen this month.

Fanboys everywhere....

It's not just about hardware anymore but the OS itself.

Linux and OS X are much better suited for Web development than Windows especially if your a rails developer "cough" 

The Adobe suite also runs slightly better on OS X than Windows.

With Thunderbolt 3 I can pretty much use a GPU box and use any GPU I want.  

I like this because I'd never spend a shit ton of money on a Mac PRO well unless it had thunderbolt 3 ports then I guess it'd be fine but... I'd also have to drag the gpu boxes as well...   

I use Linux, OSX, and Windows and I literally can't stand the Windows environment for web development, and cygwin is not an answer. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Fanboys everywhere....

It's not just about hardware anymore but the OS itself.

Linux and OS X are much better suited for Web development than Windows especially if your a rails developer "cough"

The Adobe suite also runs slightly better on OS X than Windows.

With Thunderbolt 3 I can pretty much use a GPU box and use any GPU I want.

I like this because I'd never spend a shit ton of money on a Mac PRO well unless it had thunderbolt 3 ports then I guess it'd be fine but... I'd also have to drag the gpu boxes as well...

I use Linux, OSX, and Windows and I literally can't stand the Windows environment for web development, and cygwin is not an answer.

I though rails particularly Ruby on Rails was dying due to performance issues?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Why the fuck would anybody buy the MacBook 2015 when you can get this for 399€ with specs as good as your MacBook Pro:

dude thats a tablet. how the hell is that as good as a macbook pro? how ? anyway the ipad air or air 2 is a much better tablet.heck its the best tablet out there. thats a fact pls don`t act surprised.

So... what are you precisely doing with that much power on the go?

Also there is no way the octa-core in my tablet underperforms to a dual core at shitty dual core.

1.1GHz

1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.4GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache

Configurable to 1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.

get the f*ck out with your WOOOW octa core. thats what it is for you? specs race ? what about the software and its optimisation ? you can brag about your octa core with 100gb ram all you want an iphone still runs smoother than any samsung mobile device. even with shitty dual core and 1gb ram. why? they take the time to optimise the software for its hardware. something that your samsung doesn`t.  also its the fastest at web browsing

and the macbook 2015 is not about 1.1ghz 321mhz 5555mhz wtf is that to a consumer? its the smallest lightest and slim laptop that its built with premium materials and a great screen. i wouldn`t buy it but then again i don`t need a laptop

I though rails particularly Ruby on Rails was dying due to performance issues?

No, it's growing...  It's surpassed (salary wise) PHP, javascript, and Java developers. 

Ruby on rails lets you do it your way, ruby is very efficient but allows for dumb people to make dumb decisions which leads to performance issues.  

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

No, it's growing... It's surpassed (salary wise) PHP, javascript, and Java developers.

Ruby on rails lets you do it your way, ruby is very efficient but allows for dumb people to make dumb decisions which leads to performance issues.

What sort of dumb things?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Aside from the good looks of Apples, my friends have them because it's easier to look for a computer in Apple than a computer in a Windows environment.

Seriously, it's so difficult to sift through laptops/desktops while having to remember obscure product names/codes. 

ps When you've got a powerful desktop at home, getting an Apple laptop is a good move imo. Looks nice and works well. 

pps I'm a Macbook Pro owner and will be an owner of a 4670k / GTX 980 Ti machine in two days :)

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1