So Why Is Apple "The best" in some peoples eyes?

whatishacks

I do love these rabid anti apple posts.  They are good for a laugh.   

And I love the Apple fanboys who love their crappy overpriced hardware instead loving what Apple is all about: SOFTWARE.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What precisely is overpriced? Time and again it has been shown that spec for spec they are no more expensive. Just because those parts aren't what YOU need doesn't mean they are overpriced for someone who needs that type of component.

The only single one I can think of that is overpriced is the 2015 MacBook.

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Lets see examples then? 

The Mac Pro uses ECC ram, workstation GPUs and Xeon processors. The iMac is an all in one with a 5k display. 

Show me another prebuilt that comes with the same stuff for less please. 

The most expensive Imac 5K with 32GB of DDR3 1600mhz, 4790K (which you can't overclock anyways) 1TB ssd, M295X GPU and Apple Magic Mouse is 4199$. Let's see what we can do on PC:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($317.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 4 79.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($40.50 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($192.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($219.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Intel 750 Series 400GB PCI-E Solid State Drive  ($389.99 @ B&H)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($336.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($668.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($97.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($111.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Monitor: Dell UP2715K 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($1723.00 @ Amazon)

Keyboard: Apple MB110LL/B Wired Standard Keyboard  ($48.49 @ B&H)

Mouse: Apple MB112LL/B Wired Optical Mouse  ($46.50 @ B&H)

Total: $4195.41

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-01 12:55 EDT-0400

Not only do you get a better GPU, you get a better screen (non-glossy shit), the world fastest SSD, faster ram and most importantly good cooling and overclock possibility for the 4790K.

If you are more of a gamer or need extra graphical power for video-editing rendering, for the same price you can get two 980Ti's:

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($192.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($85.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($170.89 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($668.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($668.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($111.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $4174.31

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-01 12:58 EDT-0400

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

What precisely is overpriced? Time and again it has been shown that spec for spec they are no more expensive. Just because those parts aren't what YOU need doesn't mean they are overpriced for someone who needs that type of component.

The only single one I can think of that is overpriced is the 2015 MacBook.

See my list above. 

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Some people compare their brand new and expensive Mac with their old cheap and poorly maintained Windows PC and then say that the Mac is better. If your going to do a fair comparison, try out a Windows PC and Mac with similar specs and don't compare aged systems with new ones or consider the price difference.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

I personally can not stand it when a person compares their brand new and expensive Mac with their old cheap and poorly maintained Windows PC and then say that the Mac is better. You don't say. If your going to do a fair comparison, spend the same amount of money on the two systems and don't be comparing aged systems with new ones.

A crap prebuild PC with only the worst quality components with heavy overheating and underclock on the CPU/GPU but.... it has another OS system which you can install in 5 minutes on any other PC. Yep that's a MAC.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The most expensive Imac 5K with 32GB of DDR3 1600mhz, 4790K (which you can't overclock anyways) 1TB ssd, M295X GPU and Apple Magic Mouse is 4199$. Let's see what we can do on PC:

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($219.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Intel 750 Series 400GB PCI-E Solid State Drive  ($389.99 @ B&H)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($336.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($668.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $4195.41

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-01 12:55 EDT-0400

Not only do you get a better GPU, you get a better screen (non-glossy shit), the world fastest SSD, faster ram and most importantly good cooling and overclock possibility for the 4790K.

If you are more of a gamer or need extra graphical power for video-editing rendering, for the same price you can get two 980Ti's:

Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($85.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($170.89 @ OutletPC)

Total: $4174.31

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-01 12:58 EDT-0400

Those aren't all in ones. The Fractal Design R5 is huge by itself never mind the second display. Some people don't want a huge tower and a huge monitor. They'd rather just want an all in one computer. The iMac is obviously not for you but it's not overpriced because there is not a single all in one that puts it to shame. You're obviously not in the market for one and neither am I, but some people do value a clean appearance and nothing does that better than the entire computer being within the display. 

The funniest thing is that Dell 5K monitor is nearly the same price as the entry level iMac that comes with a 5K display. For a couple hundred more you're getting a full computer as well. Just find that amusing. And I suggest you go use that iMac. It's not quite as reflection heavy as you think it is. It's a very rich panel. 

Don't see you trying to beat the Mac Pro though. 

I've come from an apple household, my dad is a self professed apple fanboy, and I have no shame in admitting I prefer OSX to windows and apple to any other PC manufacturer. Yes some iMacs and macbooks are a little on the expensive side for their performance *cough* macbook 2015 *cough*, but it's not always about that. Sometimes it's good to have a product with outstanding build quality, the easiest set-up of any computer system I know, and if anything goes wrong, better customer service than any other PC manufacturer. Yes a tuned M3 is fast and powerful, with all the bells and whistles, but it doesn't have the elegance and simplicity of an E-type.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Please don't ignorantly bash apple/windows

This is more of a discussion thread just to understand a bit better.

-snip-s

and people would rather pay more money for something worse. 

then apple fanboys say you don't like them because you can't afford it, and your like  " bitch my pc is worth about 5k" I would just rather spend my K on something worth i

I personally can not stand it when a person compares their brand new and expensive Mac with their old cheap and poorly maintained Windows PC and then say that the Mac is better. You don't say. If your going to do a fair comparison, spend the same amount of money on the two systems and don't be comparing aged systems with new ones.

A crap prebuild PC with only the worst quality components with heavy overheating and underclock on the CPU/GPU but.... it has another OS system which you can install in 5 minutes on any other PC. Yep that's a MAC.

posts quoted by me that are not from OP please read top quote, did you guys even consider that before coming in here and saying those things?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

posts quoted by me that are not from OP please read top quote, did you guys even consider that before coming in here and saying those things?

I wasn't bashing Apple or Windows. I was simply saying that in order to make an accurate judgement on what you prefer, you should try both operating systems on similarly spec'd PCs.

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

I wasn't bashing Apple or Windows. I was simply saying that in order to make an accurate judgement on what you prefer, you should try both operating systems on similarly spec'd PCs.

In that case sorry, seems like i miss interprented your post.

that is something most peopple forget yeah, having a bit more powerfull desktop pc(i7 4790k gtx 970) compared to my mac(i5 broadwell IIRC) I must say that they are quite alike and when it comes to things that I do on both(photoshop and rendering) I must say that both are actually just as quick in most occasions, altough my pc seems to pull the short end when it comes to CPU only load rendering where optimization could play a role in the diffrence.

that is something most peopple forget yeah, having a bit more powerfull desktop pc(i7 4790k gtx 970) compared to my mac(i5 broadwell IIRC) I must say that they are quite alike and when it comes to things that I do on both(photoshop and rendering) I must say that both are actually just as quick in most occasions, altough my pc seems to pull the short end when it comes to CPU only load rendering where optimization could play a role in the diffrence.

Reading the post back now, I see why their is some misinterpretation. I will fix that now. 

Also, I like your desktop config. :)

Reading the post back now, I see why their is some misinterpretation. I will fix that now. 

Also, I like your desktop config. :)

okey, it seems more neutral now and makes a bit more sense.

thanks :wub:  I love it to, don't have much plans for change currently, maybe a capture card though.

Those aren't all in ones. The Fractal Design R5 is huge by itself never mind the second display. Some people don't want a huge tower and a huge monitor. They'd rather just want an all in one computer. The iMac is obviously not for you but it's not overpriced because there is not a single all in one that puts it to shame. You're obviously not in the market for one and neither am I, but some people do value a clean appearance and nothing does that better than the entire computer being within the display. 

The funniest thing is that Dell 5K monitor is nearly the same price as the entry level iMac that comes with a 5K display. For a couple hundred more you're getting a full computer as well. Just find that amusing. And I suggest you go use that iMac. It's not quite as reflection heavy as you think it is. It's a very rich panel. 

Don't see you trying to beat the Mac Pro though. 

You really are one BIG fanboy mister

People buying that Imac 5K want to use it for WORK. How the fuck can you work with the crappy specs in it even at max configuration? The 5K is also shit for productivity where the 3440x1440 monitors are still the king. Heck you can buy 3 21:9 monitors for the price of one shitty overpriced 5K Dell monitor.

But the thing were  you really went far was the case.  Do you seriously like to ciclejerk or do you never watch Linus videos at all?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I've come from an apple household, my dad is a self professed apple fanboy, and I have no shame in admitting I prefer OSX to windows and apple to any other PC manufacturer. Yes some iMacs and macbooks are a little on the expensive side for their performance *cough* macbook 2015 *cough*, but it's not always about that. Sometimes it's good to have a product with outstanding build quality, the easiest set-up of any computer system I know, and if anything goes wrong, better customer service than any other PC manufacturer. Yes a tuned M3 is fast and powerful, with all the bells and whistles, but it doesn't have the elegance and simplicity of an E-type.

Wrong wrong and wrong.

1) Build quality? Are you freaking serious? There is no such thing in a Apple product that DOESN'T overheats and underclock it'self like hell. Sometimes I feel this forum isn't even LINUS tech tips because people don't watch the videos:

2) Easiest setup? If I buy a prebuild I just have to press the power button, with a Imac I have to go trough the setup. Also there is no way it's an easier experience for my mom or grandma/grandpa because they simply never used Mac OS X in their life, they would have to start all over again.

3) Customer service? It's shit and overpriced. I trust the hardwareshop(s) were I have bought my parts for the last 10 years more. I buy from a shop where they have 24/7 free shipping if you order before 23:59 and FREE RETURNING with no question asked. Heck I've sometimes even returned products after the official 14 days were over, they don't even look at the buy-date, they just send you a label which you can print at home at stick it on your box to return it for free.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Do you really have a desktop and Imac or is a laptop?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Wrong wrong and wrong.

1) Build quality? Are you freaking serious? There is no such thing in a Apple product that overheats and underclock it'self like hell. Sometimes I feel this forum isn't even LINUS tech tips because people don't watch the videos:

2) Easiest setup? If I buy a prebuild I just have to press the power button, with a Imac I have to go trough the setup. 

3) Customer service? It's shit and overpriced. I trust the hardwareshop(s) were I have bought my parts for the last 10 years more. I buy from a shop where they have 24/7 free shipping if you order before 23:59 and FREE RETURNING with no question asked. Heck I've sometimes even returned products after the official 14 days were over, they don't even look at the buy-date, they just send you a label which you can print at home at stick it on your box to return it for free.

I think considering I have a house full of apple products I'd beg to differ. From the iMac G3 all the way to the latest iMac, all of them have better build quality than any windows PC we've ever had. Apple design their products to run at their thermal limit so they can run them quieter. I've seen the video, and apple know it throttles, they just don't expect you to run benchmarking software on it (Personally I hate the macbook, so tbh you can slate that all you want)

Apple iOS and OSX are piss easy to set up, so much so my grandmother can do it, and with a prebuilt you still have to set it up.

Apple customer service, especially with a damaged product is unbelievable, the service you get when returning a product to be fixed is far better than any other PC maker, they often explain what they're doing and they genuinely care for the customer.

Here's a question. Have you ever owned an iMac or Macbook or iPhone? I don't want to be drawn into an argument, I was just giving my pennies worth from having used apple products for years.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Do you really have a desktop and Imac or is a laptop?

like my signature says a macbook pro(laptop) and a desktop, moved within 1 year from a i3 laptop to those two things and both have been heavenly choies so far.

Might get an Imac within a few years though, bit cheaper on the powerbill when just browsing web content, organizing photo's and/or simple stuff.

Wrong wrong and wrong.

1) Build quality? Are you freaking serious? There is no such thing in a Apple product that DOESN'T overheats and underclock it'self like hell. Sometimes I feel this forum isn't even LINUS tech tips because people don't watch the videos:

-snips-

ughh, that laptop makes me personally cringe like hell, IMHO the worst apple laptop to date and from the things linus could chose he went with that, it actually is quite a bad example, take my macbook pro for example with i5 and igpu, it runs LoL on high 60fps constantly(dropping to 40-50 in team fights) when I tested it a few times, this thing however wouldn't be able to get close to that.

Wrong wrong and wrong.

2) Easiest setup? If I buy a prebuild I just have to press the power button, with a Imac I have to go trough the setup. Also there is no way it's an easier experience for my mom or grandma/grandpa because they simply never used Mac OS X in their life, they would have to start all over again.

No such thing huh?  Except the Mac Pro, and iMac (non 5K), And the Macbook Pro, and the Macbook air...   No product that doesn't overheat huh?   You have pointed out two first generation products that have thermal throttling issues and decided that the case was settled.  The real world doesn't work that way.  

Yes easiest setup.  Compare OSX to Windows 8.1 and OSX is easier.  As is most configurations after the fact.  

And how does the customer service of the shop you are talking about impact apple?   I have used their support numerous times over the years and had nothing but great luck.   Including them replacing a 3 year old computer that had issues with a brand new top of the line one.  Not equivalent specs like some places do.  But equivalent in their current lineup to what the old was in that lineup.  

So please try again.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

I think considering I have a house full of apple products I'd beg to differ. From the iMac G3 all the way to the latest iMac, all of them have better build quality than any windows PC we've ever had. Apple design their products to run at their thermal limit so they can run them quieter. I've seen the video, and apple know it throttles, they just don't expect you to run benchmarking software on it (Personally I hate the macbook, so tbh you can slate that all you want)

Apple iOS and OSX are piss easy to set up, so much so my grandmother can do it, and with a prebuilt you still have to set it up.

Apple customer service, especially with a damaged product is unbelievable, the service you get when returning a product to be fixed is far better than any other PC maker, they often explain what they're doing and they genuinely care for the customer.

Here's a question. Have you ever owned an iMac or Macbook or iPhone? I don't want to be drawn into an argument, I was just giving my pennies worth from having used apple products for years.

No because I'm a smart guy and used Mac Os X since Mountain Lion for FREE

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

like my signature says a macbook pro(laptop) and a desktop, moved within 1 year from a i3 laptop to those two things and both have been heavenly choies so far.

Might get an Imac within a few years though, bit cheaper on the powerbill when just browsing web content, organizing photo's and/or simple stuff.

ughh, that laptop makes me personally cringe like hell, IMHO the worst apple laptop to date and from the things linus could chose he went with that, it actually is quite a bad example, take my macbook pro for example with i5 and igpu, it runs LoL on high 60fps constantly(dropping to 40-50 in team fights) when I tested it a few times, this thing however wouldn't be able to get close to that.

Why the fuck would anybody buy the MacBook 2015 when you can get this for 399€ with specs as good as your MacBook Pro:

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No such thing huh?  Except the Mac Pro, and iMac (non 5K), And the Macbook Pro, and the Macbook air...   No product that doesn't overheat huh?   You have pointed out two first generation products that have thermal throttling issues and decided that the case was settled.  The real world doesn't work that way.  

Yes easiest setup.  Compare OSX to Windows 8.1 and OSX is easier.  As is most configurations after the fact.  

And how does the customer service of the shop you are talking about impact apple?   I have used their support numerous times over the years and had nothing but great luck.   Including them replacing a 3 year old computer that had issues with a brand new top of the line one.  Not equivalent specs like some places do.  But equivalent in their current lineup to what the old was in that lineup.  

So please try again.  

So you would say it would be easier for my grandma to use a Apple product?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Why the fuck would anybody buy the MacBook 2015 when you can get this for 399€ with specs as good as your MacBook Pro:

Wait.   Did you really just claim that a Galaxy Tab S has the same specs as a Macbook Pro?

Now I know you are just a Troll.

Of course you have admitted you have never used their products.  SO you are literally talking about something you have no knowledge of.  

Wait.   Did you really just claim that a Galaxy Tab S has the same specs as a Macbook Pro?

Now I know you are just a Troll.

Of course you have admitted you have never used their products.  SO you are literally talking about something you have no knowledge of.  

MacBook 2015

And yes it come pretty close to the MacBook Pro itself, it has a better screen and is 3 times as light.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Personally i am a ThinkPad user but i have tried OSX could not do all of my daily tasks but this is mostly because of apples restrictions and the people they target.