(No fighting) Your prejudices..

naca1227

:lol: I see, well I guess I do have a prejudice...People that before all the facts are laid out.

I suppose that was the point I was trying to make with my comment, prejudice has never been a productive trait in people.

To my knowledge it has never solved anything.

actually, its human nature to be prejudice but only a wise man will seek information before judgement. the brain wants to fill in information about people. with it comes ideologies that are often not correct based simple by what is seen. example a poorly dressed man walks into a jag dealership. no one offters to sell him a car yet he is one of the wealthiest man in town. another man walks in well dress and immediately gets offered a car to buy yet the guy cant budget to save his life and has debt to the wazoo. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Bronies, People who wear socks with sandals, Guys who wear flip flops with long socks, Most British people ( it seems like a lot of you guys are smokers ), Jeremy Clarkson ( Admittedly I do laugh when he makes fun of America and Its citizens ), Jeremy Clarkson making jokes about WW2,  and other things that I can't name off the top of my head.post-29406-0-20186200-1375850000.jpg

This is so true^^

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Everyone has pet peeves. No one is perfect, and there is always something that ticks you off. That is, unless you've successfully scaled Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and reached self-actualization. In that case, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the new messiah.

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs is a theory.

Perhaps I am being a little pedantic, but I want people to understand the true definition of "prejudice".

I don't consider myself prejudiced in any way, I have already offered anyone to provide me with examples of a prejudice they think I may have and I will give a reasonable answer as to why I wouldn't prejudge. Believe it or not it is possible not to be prejudiced.

@Jaybird - Yes, clothes do not make the man :lol: but that is discrimination, not prejudice, the discriminating act may have been based on preconceived thoughts, but it is entirely plausible that the salesperson may have approached the poorly dressed man first, it all depends on the person and how they view the people around them.

So I am curious, what are you prejudice towards? 

I will start off 

Athiests. Brits. 

No starting WW3, K? I don't actually hate but I do have a slight prejudice when it comes to these things

Reasoning, not all Brits at all think this way but when anyone tells me how fat, war starting, stupid, and how America is the worst thing in the world. The UK is close to the US in obesity rate and I think is actually higher than the US (Maybe I'm wrong) and not only that but hey UK.. You're kinda known for killing anything and everything you come in contact with (Middle East, India, SE Asia, North America, South America) 

We were taught everything from you! Why can't we be allies? We only saved practically the entire world together.

Hate to say it but it's that very reaction is kinda why we do it.

I'm prejudice towards people who are openly prejudice for one reason or another. Same goes for hypocrites... I think I'm caught in an endless loop of self judging.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I have a strong enduring hatred for the stupidity that occupies the White House

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

What?  this is a tech forum, half of you should be saying AMD the other half Nvidia.  And 90% should be saying anything made by apple.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

What?  this is a tech forum, half of you should be saying AMD the other half Nvidia.  And 90% should be saying anything made by apple.

Not enough marketing now-a-days to make me prefer one guy over the other.

Bronies. Your grown men, get out, do something with your life. 

As for Atheism, if you respect what I believe in, I will respect what you believe in. Keep in mind someone who forces religon down other's throats is just as bad as a Atheist telling everybody off. My Dad is Atheist. Can't blame him, he lost all faith in anything after being on the front line for 3 years. Doesn't mean he can't respect what the rest of my family believes in. 

AS for all Americans are fat, lazy, etc. I'm American, have a body fat percentage of 17%, and I was on all sports teams this year except for Soccer. These are jsut stereotypes, the same way we think of all Russians as bear riding, vodka drinking gun shooting badasses. 

13 year old boys have no business telling a grown man what is acceptable to do in his free time when it does not affect anyone other than themselves.

(Soz I am prejudice against people aged 14 and under, can’t stand them most of the time)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

So I am curious, what are you prejudice towards? 

I will start off 

Athiests. Brits. 

No starting WW3, K? I don't actually hate but I do have a slight prejudice when it comes to these things

Reasoning, not all Brits at all think this way but when anyone tells me how fat, war starting, stupid, and how America is the worst thing in the world. The UK is close to the US in obesity rate and I think is actually higher than the US (Maybe I'm wrong) and not only that but hey UK.. You're kinda known for killing anything and everything you come in contact with (Middle East, India, SE Asia, North America, South America) 

We were taught everything from you! Why can't we be allies? We only saved practically the entire world together.

And the Athiests because most of them I talk to will never say anything good about religion, as if it the worst thing in the world. I really never encounter any "bad eggs" I am sure there are alot but most of them are pretty dang friendly, especially Mormons. I used to hate religion 

What about you being our allies or something?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

13 year old boys have no business telling a grown man what is acceptable to do in his free time when it does not affect anyone other than themselves.

(Soz I am prejudice against people aged 14 and under, can’t stand them most of the time)

Agreed and lol

I can't think of any prejudices right now, I'll have to come back

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Also I am prejudice against people who mix their faith with their public lives. Faith should be a personal thing not something you shout about or indoctrinate your kids into (imo).

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

really? I am starting to loose patients for anyone under 30 :huh:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I don't really have any that I can think of. I don't really have any based on race, gender or sexual orientation. I do have one that I'm sure you all have, I tend to base a person's personality and background based off of the initial appearance. If I see someone who dresses scruffily then I'll probably automatically assume that they come from a poor background, although I know that's not necessarily true, because I dress the same way a lot too. Another example is if I see someone dressed in a tracksuit and have a shaved head I will assume that they had a shitty upbringing and like to go around vandalising and making a nuisance.

really? I am starting to loose patients for anyone under 30 :huh:

We all choose are own convenient cut off points:)

people who live of the government without a valid reason.

People who don't have jobs.

That's me f**ked then :P

From my experience, Italians when they do something they're not good at (from my experience, working at the airport)

And Atheists, the ones that are just too hard with religious people like me

Oh also, I don't want to start something, but homosexuals who says who says being heterosexual is history

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

And I forgot the thing that pisses me off really bad: as a gearhead, I dislike so much chinese car companies

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

Meh, I'm British so I have the stereotypical hate towards the French.

Other than that, I hate Americans. American humour to me is not funny, American accents get on my nerves and every American I've ever become friends with has turned out to be really weird. And so I just 'hate' Americans. Haha.

Also, reiligious people who won't let other people believe anything else. I'm agnostic so think that there's a possibility there's a god, however, I do think that it's most likely not true. So I'm kinda atheist, haha. But if someone is like: "Oh you must praise God!" or "Don't use his name in vain!" or "We must pray before dinner". Eughh. Just gets on my nerves. My response: "Shut up".

Also I am prejudice against people who mix their faith with their public lives. Faith should be a personal thing not something you shout about or indoctrinate your kids into (imo).

The world would be such a nice place, if there were less people doing this. But sadly nearly all religions believe that their way is the only right one. So it is unlikely that a very religious person is going to keep his religion a personal thing. 

I also do not like that kids can become full member of a religion because they do not really understand it yet. 

From my experience, Italians when they do something they're not good at (from my experience, working at the airport) And Atheists, the ones that are just too hard with religious people like me Oh also, I don't want to start something, but homosexuals who says who says being heterosexual is history

In my opinion Atheism is not that different from religion. 

Atheist:"I believe that god does not exist."

Theist (religious person) :"I believe that god exists."

You need to exclude Buddhism from the religions for this because it does not make statements about gods (it is also a bit more like philosophy than religion). 

That's why I have the same problem with Atheism and religion. 

The only thing I can think of would be religious people. I wouldn't really call that prejudgemental though, because I will only judge the things directly connected to their religious beliefs. I won't go "oh he is a Christian so therefore he is a bad person", I will however think "oh he is a Christian so he is most likely close minded and don't like thinking of himself".

You need to exclude Buddhism from the religions for this because it does not make statements about gods (it is also a bit more like philosophy than religion). 

Well that's your opinion, and it's wrong. Atheism is not the belief that there is no God, it is the lack of beliefs that there is a God.

Saying that Atheism is a belief is like saying "not going skiing" is a hobby. By your logic, my favorite hobby is not going skiing, since I am doing that all the time. Do you see? It doesn't make any sense.

Technically Atheism Is not a belief in the lack of god it, is the rejection of belief and faith on a lack of factual evidence basis.