(No fighting) Your prejudices..

naca1227

atheism isn't a religion. Religion states that there is a god and it is based on faith. Atheism states that there is no reason for believing in a deity due to no evidence. So it's faith vs fact. 

I am not religious, but tell me how it is a "fact" that no god exists? As far as I know anything is possible. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

What? That is kind of random. Why so?

I don't understand why anyone would do so, you're going swimming, why wear a damp clingy shirt? And if its to hide the roles of fat then they missed the part where it only shows more fat. Just makes no sense.

I am not religious, but tell me how it is a "fact" that no god exists? As far as I know anything is possible. 

He doesn't meant that it is a certain fact that there is no god, but that due to the lack of facts supporting a god suggests that there is no god. 

Many people misinterpret what the words "fact" and "theory" mean in the scientific community. If you want to know more, look up the scientific method.

Not specifically but that is definitely an extreme example. I'm mainly speaking about people who tell their children nonsense that is not based on fact but goes against all factual evidence. I.e. being gay is a sin, dungeons and dragons are demonic, people who dress a certain way are possessed, masturbation is evil. things like that.

Ah. Aren't most religious families like that. I'm quite ignorant on the subject, since I was never raised by a religious family and I don't know anyone who was.

Bronies. Your grown men, get out, do something with your life. 

As for Atheism, if you respect what I believe in, I will respect what you believe in. Keep in mind someone who forces religon down other's throats is just as bad as a Atheist telling everybody off. My Dad is Atheist. Can't blame him, he lost all faith in anything after being on the front line for 3 years. Doesn't mean he can't respect what the rest of my family believes in. 

AS for all Americans are fat, lazy, etc. I'm American, have a body fat percentage of 17%, and I was on all sports teams this year except for Soccer. These are jsut stereotypes, the same way we think of all Russians as bear riding, vodka drinking gun shooting badasses. 

I like the Russian stereotype better. Also, completely agree with the whole we shouldn't force religion down anyone's throat. Holy wars are pointless. Unless you're the type that just loves to commit mass genocide of a group...

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

Ah. Aren't most religious families like that. I'm quite ignorant on the subject, since I was never raised by a religious family and I don't know anyone who was.

they don't seem too dissimilar do they? I was sort of making a point :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Religious nuts

and people who shop at k-mart

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Apple fans. Let's keep it real, most of us don't like them.  :P

nothing wrong with being a fan of good products, just dont be a fanboy :)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

white people who can't dance, blacks who can't play basketball, anyone that doesn't speak english, asians that are not geniuses, native americans because they gamble, anyone who thinks a native american is indian, at middle easterners because they hate america, lutherans because they think they can do it better, catholics because they never think they are wrong, atheists because they follow "no religion" religiously, gingers because they have no soul, all mexicans because they are aliens, puppies that fart, asian babies that eat cats, cops that pull over donut trucks, nurses who don't give sponge baths, doctors who are high while treating me, writers because they don't have a job, super mario because italians don't look like him, michael jackson because he made a song about not being a father and he's black, blonds because they are stupid, people who use the term clip and mag synonymously, people who don't know a bullet is part of a round, iphones, people who think the uk is britian, the french

And the brits that drive german cars to an irish pub for a belgian beer only to go home and eat indian curry or a turkish kebab while sitting on swedish furniture to watch american shows on a japanese telly.

Oh, and women drivers.

If I am British but  drink Irish Cider in my Irish pubs but do all the rest do you still hate me?

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Technically Atheism Is not a belief in the lack of god it, is the rejection of belief and faith on a lack of factual evidence basis.

That's not Atheism you are describing that's Agnosticism.

Atheism (from the Greek "atheos"="without god(s)") however can be divided in explicit and implicit Atheism.

explicit Atheism (the definition I used)=disbelief in god(s)

implicit Atheism = absense of beliefe (so every young child is an Atheist)

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Atheists do not believe in a god because there is not factual evidence. Religion requires faith and faith is just believing in something despite the complete lack of factual evidence for that belief.

It is not necessarily a fact that god does not exist but there is no reason to assume something does exist when there is absolutely no factual evidence for its existence.

I like the Russian stereotype better. Also, completely agree with the whole we shouldn't force religion down anyone's throat. Holy wars are pointless. Unless you're the type that just loves to commit mass genocide of a group...

Technically holy wars are not pointless because they are the main reason most religions are as widespread as they are today :)

Atheism (from the Greek "atheos"="without god(s)") however can be divided in explicit and implicit Atheism.

I would agree with you that if we were ancient Greeks walking around Athens in say 500BC but when word have been around for a long time their definitions and use can change. There is a modern definition of Atheism and then there is a literal translation of the Ancient Greek.

What I talked about is also sometimes referred to as Agnostic Atheism.

atheism isn't a religion. Religion states that there is a god and it is based on faith. Atheism states that there is no reason for believing in a deity due to no evidence. So it's faith vs fact. 

I did not say that Atheism is a Religion. I just meant that I have the same problem with people that really insist on answeing the question:"Does god exist?" with yes/no (Religion/Atheism).

Agnosticism says:"We can't answer this question./I do not care. The answer is not important."

This is in my opinion the best way because both the existence and the non-existence of god(s) can't be proofen.

I accept it if someone silently beliefs in god (or "no god") and does not search for evidences (wonders or absence of wonders).

I would agree with you that if we were ancient Greeks walking around Athens in say 500BC but when word have been around for a long time their definitions and use can change. There is a modern definition of Atheism and then there is a literal translation of the Ancient Greek.

What I talked about is also sometimes referred to as Agnostic Atheism.

So it seems we are using two different definitions of Atheism.

Explicit Atheism (which is very close to the literal translation) is still in Wikipedia stands that for the American philosopher Ernest Nagel (20th centry) explixit Atheism is the right definition.

So we were both not using the exact name and causing a missundertanding.

Ehm let's see.

Religion. (All kinds)

Celebrities who don't deserve the fame.

Braindead programs . (Jershey derp Shore).

I also hate people who hate fat people. ( :D ) and yes, I am overweight myself so no surprise there.

Too much sound in the house which doesn't allow me to sleep.

Dust, filth etc on my keyboard, desk and pc.

Friends who make sarcastic comments or are 'trolling' you for no reason other than to be an asshole, I tell that one person off  right away.

Internet trolls in general, they can go die if it were up to me.

People who think they know best even though they don't have any experience or evidence.

And while I don't hate people who don't stand up for their opinions, I do get annoyed by them, this is also why you will see me defending my opinions to the death.

Posers, those people who act tough and like a monkey instead of just normal or decent.

People who want to fight but pull weapons or threaten with weapons. (luckily it never happened to me) instead of good old fistfighting but no they are too cowardly for that.

People who offend me for no reason, I will instantly hate you forever and ever and ever.

As you can see, my testosterone is too high sometimes. :X

So it seems we are using two different definitions of Atheism.

Explicit Atheism (which is very close to the literal translation) is still in Wikipedia stands that for the American philosopher Ernest Nagel (20th centry) explixit Atheism is the right definition.

So we were both not using the exact name and causing a missundertanding.

Isn't it nice that even though there are different interpretations of Atheism we do not often go to war against each other just because of a difference in opinion and interpretation?

Isn't it nice that even though there are different interpretations of Atheism we do not often go to war against each other just because of a difference in opinion and interpretation?

Yes it is. :)

Tolerance is so important for peace.

nothing wrong with being a fam of good products, just dont be a fanboy :)

Completely agree.

That's not really true. I would describe it like this:

Agnostic - "yeah there might be a God, and there might not be one. I don't really care".

Atheist - "I don't think a God exists because there is no evidence for it. If solid evidence for a God were to be presented then I would believe in him".

That's generally the case. There are about 6 kinds of Atheism for example gnostic Atheist which claims that they know there is no God, agnostic Atheist which is what I described (and most Atheists are) and so on.

I did not say that Atheism is a Religion. I just meant that I have the same problem with people that really insist on answeing the question:"Does god exist?" with yes/no (Religion/Atheism).

Agnosticism says:"We can't answer this question./I do not care. The answer is not important."

This is in my opinion the best way because both the existence and the non-existence of god(s) can't be proofen.

I accept it if someone silently beliefs in god (or "no god") and does not search for evidences (wonders or absence of wonders).

I don't really get agnostic people to be honest. "We can't prove that he doesn't exist, or that he exist so I'll be in the middle", that sounds true and rational at first but do you hold the same position on other things which can't be proven such as the existence of Santa Claus and unicorn? We can't prove that Santa Claus don't exist, but most wouldn't go around saying they are agnostic about Santa. Another thing I don't understand with agnostics is, which God are you not sure exist? Do you think that the likelihood of Thor existing, or a Nyarlathotep are the same as the Christan God? If not, why not? They are just as likely as the Christian God existing and none of them can be proven or disproved.

Nah, I was replying to beebskadoo. :D

Lol dammit x)

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

No one has mentioned agnostic theists. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

No one has mentioned agnostic theists. 

What about them...? :)

What about them...? :)

well we had the definitions of atheists, theists and agnostics, as well as agnostic atheists but no one mention the agnostic theists.  I feel left out :(

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.