(No fighting) Your prejudices..

naca1227

@1funnygame

Anyone who thinks that it is okay to make someone go through immense suffering just because you have promised them a place in heaven (which isn’t even true in all cases) is morally bankrupt.

What about the case of Elisabeth Fritzl who was kept in a basement by her father for 24 years where she was assaulted, sexually abused and raped every day. Where she conceived several children who were kept in the same basement to receive the same treatment. Imagine how many times she must have prayed and begged god to alleviate her suffering and the suffering of her children. Think how every day the all-powerful and supposedly loving god ignored her prayers and left her to suffer whilst every second of her torment she was expected to love him though he did nothing.

If you can look her in the face now and tell her that all she went though was completely okay (and the act of a loving god) because she will receive a place in heaven. Then you are a disgusting human being.

On a side note only Christians are promised into the Christian heaven, so what about all the good people who worshipped another god? Even though their religion was a simple accident of birth, because they are not Christian they will go to hell were they shall receive eternal torment.

Also saying that "vast numbers of people are content and its only getting better over time", let’s see it only took the all-powerful Christian god thousands of years to reach a point where some people in the world are content with their lives because they have readily available food and access to medical treatment which helps alleviate allot of the suffering experienced by their ancestors.

Though god is rather selective with the people in the world he chooses to alleviate the suffering of, he has chosen loads of people who live in more economically powerful countries (so god alleviated the suffering of people with money). He is still working on most of Asia and Africa and South America.  Occasionally god even plays around with the suffering by telling his people that 

So yes i stand by what I said, the Christian god (and many others) is evil.

Also saying "all I did was say would forgive his stupidity, I didn't actually call him stupid" is something a child might say to their mother when she tells the child off for calling someone stupid.

and your probably confused i was simply debating i'm personally an atheist and don't really care about the subject i was just debating for the religious so wtf?

" you are a disgusting human being." what? i don't get what this has to do with me?
why are you getting so emotional and it seems like your trying to call me evil for some reason?
i can continue debating but you seriously gotta stop trying to call me evil  :rolleyes:

and yes i was just saying you made a stupid comment so what? whats with all the attempts to call me a lesser being or what you call a "child"?

you should seriously reread all the comments and see who is more emotionally attached and thus illogical (you)

@1funnygame

Anyone who thinks that it is okay to make someone go through immense suffering just because you have promised them a place in heaven (which isn’t even true in all cases) is morally bankrupt.

why exactly was directed towards me when i'm just repeating others views?
can you even have a calm discussion?

and then you talk about Elisabeth Fritzl should i start an entire new post on why this has no relevance and to the topic?

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

When I say "someone who thinks/or would do this" is disgusting I do not mean to say that you are disgusting. I actually hope that you are not the sought of person who would tell Elisabeth Fritzl that everything she went through was okay just because she will go to heaven eventually.

(I only said @1funnygame at the top of the post because I messed up the quote a little bit, so in the edit I removed it all together and wrote that so the post was easily identifiable as a response to you.)

The reason why i mentioned Elisabeth Fritzl is so: you mentioned that in previous discussions that you have had with Christians that the suffering in the mortal world is justified because the good Christian will eventually go to heaven. My counter to that was based upon the moral bankruptcy that is required to tell someone who has gone through real and intense suffering that it was all okay and justified because they are promised heaven.

Out of curiosity, when you read my posts/replies, what tone of voice do you use for me in your head?

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

When I say "someone who thinks/or would do this" is disgusting I do not mean to say that you are disgusting. I actually hope that you are not the sought of person who would tell Elisabeth Fritzl that everything she went through was okay just because she will go to heaven eventually.

(I only said @1funnygame at the top of the post because I messed up the quote a little bit, so in the edit I removed it all together and wrote that so the post was easily identifiable as a response to you.)

The reason why i mentioned Elisabeth Fritzl is so: you mentioned that in previous discussions that you have had with Christians that the suffering in the mortal world is justified because the good Christian will eventually go to heaven. My counter to that was based upon the moral bankruptcy that is required to tell someone who has gone through real and intense suffering that it was all okay and justified because they are promised heaven.

Out of curiosity, when you read my posts/replies, what tone of voice do you use for me in your head?

I know right. In the internet, it's hard to tell if someone wants to be hostile or wants to keep things calm. People misunderstand and get angry, etc.

I know right. In the internet, it's hard to tell if someone wants to be hostile or wants to keep things calm. People misunderstand and get angry, etc.

Everyone does it, you read the name of the poster, see their avatar and buy the time you have read their first sentence your mind has already constructed a character for this person that will influence how you write back to them and how you will interpret everything they say.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

When people judge something without trying it, ugh

Sometimes it's justifiable. I don't have to taste cow poo to say it won't taste good for example.

The only thing that you might say I am prejudice towards would be everyone who thinks there should be a new law made just because they don’t like something someone else is doing, saying, or thinking. If you don’t like it then put on your big boy pants (or girl pants) and just stay away from that person, or change the channel on your TV/Radio. Who really needs more dumb laws that take peoples freedoms away?

Sometimes it's justifiable. I don't have to taste cow poo to say it won't taste good for example.

It might taste good though, you won't know until you try it.  Chomp Chomp.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It might taste good though, you won't know until you try it.  Chomp Chomp.

no, just no...

• 2 weeks later...

What bothers me:

When the media blames child violence on video games -  its the parents' fault

The falsity that black people can't be racist

My prejudices:

Anyone who likes Obama is a fool

Lacrosse players are much more likely to be a**holes than anyone else

If you are ignorant about something just gtfo until you learn

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8