A New Company Called Alphabet Now Owns Google

Blade of Grass

So basically nothing has really changed yet. Title was a bit misleading, 'Alphabet' didn't necessarily acquire Google, 'Alphabet' is Google, with the multiple Google divisions spread into small companies under Alphabet. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

this is BIG. 

In a good way and a bad way for consumers. now google doesn't need to or won't be the nice google they have been, or so we thought... We will see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised if they start using their data for bad. 

They will probably have a large IoT division which will be very cool for anyone interested in that sort of thing. 

Another thing that will be interesting will be if they will try to make a new social network under alphabet instead of the google name, since all of their others haven't done very well. I think that a big social network like facebook for example, but like when facebook used to be popular or cool and not a bunch of click bait and buzzfeed junk, is a very big missing piece to google (alphabet's) puzzle to being the largest tech company if they aren't already. or at least a rival to facebook that people will actually consider using. 

It will be interesting to see what they do in the future will these things along with the possibility of expanding and simplifying the smart home space and overall simplifying are lives which will be mainly be caused by IoT, at least for the foreseeable future IMO. but who knows what will happen the future will be very interesting but only time will tell.

My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

Owned or acquired? (meaning did they have to pay to own Google?)

I would assume owned.

EDIT: Can someone kinda do a TL;DR? lol

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Owned or acquired? (meaning did they have to pay to own Google?)

I would assume owned.

EDIT: Can someone kinda do a TL;DR? lol

• Larry Page, Co-Founder & Ex-CEO of Google Makes New Parent Company for Google: Alphabet
  • Larry Page now CEO of Alphabet
  • Sundar Pichai (Worked on Creating Gmail, Maps, & Android) is appointed the CEO position for Google
  • Alphabet is a company with divisions like google, android, youtube, nest...
My Sightings on LTT : June 6th 2014 WAN Show After Party: Mario Kart 8 July 31st 2015 WAN Show: Tesla Topic   August 14th 2015 WAN Show: ESL Topic 
My Rig: i7 4770K | Z87 Sabertooth | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GTX 780Ti SC ACX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD 4TB Black | Noctua NH-U14S | Corsair 750D | Corsair RM850  \
Peripherals: Triple VG248QE (1080p 144hz) | Corsair RGB K95 MX Blues | Razer Deathadder Chroma | ATH-M50X | JBL LSR305 | Mod Mic 4.0
Devices:Mac Book Pro Retina|iPad Mini (32GB) | HTC One M9 (160GB) Moto 360 (Black Leather) Nvidia Shield (80GB) Go Pro Hero 3+ Black

• Larry Page, Co-Founder & Ex-CEO of Google Makes New Parent Company for Google: Alphabet
  • Sundar Pichai (Worked on Creating Gmail, Maps, & Android) is appointed the CEO position for Google

Ahh, that makes more sense now.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Can I get a TLDR im confused

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

I am wondering if they did this as a way to protect Google from illegal action it may execute or have done and known internally. Like this if something goes bad. Alphabet gets the hit, and Google remains safe and sound.

Or simply to reduce taxation via loopholes in laws.

I am wondering if they did this as a way to protect Google from illegal action it may execute or have done and known internally. Like this if something goes bad. Alphabet gets the hit, and Google remains safe and sound.

Or simply to reduce taxation via loopholes in laws.

I think this or anti-trust

Given the manner in which the eu attacks this kind of stuff, and the way MS was hit in the states years ago, I'd say google is a target there. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

And of course, in the spirit of Silicon Valley, Google has an Easter Egg on their new site.

https://abc.xyz

1. Click "more"
  2. Search for "drone delivery"
  3. Click the period at the end of the sentence

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

"A New Company Called Alphabet Now Owns Google"

No, not at all. That's not how this works. OP is fail.

"A New Company Called Alphabet Now Owns Google"

No, not at all. That's not how this works. OP is fail.

Technically, from a legal standpoint, that's exactly how it works.

A new company was created called Alphabet. The majority of the stocks of Google were transferred to Alphabet. Alphabet is now the legal owner of Google. And, since Alphabet is a new company, a new company now is the owner of Google. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Just read this too and was about to post about it.

So basically... Google created another Google to own Google in order to let a new CEO come in while letting the former CEO still be CEO. 

This whole Google thing was super confusing, but this made perfect sense. 

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

Big whoop. They've made an umbrella company so they could have everything in one place while compartmentalizing their projects. Seems a pretty good way of managing stuff, imo

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

clickbait titles should be punished by public executions 

Spinning off companies to stop the FTC throwing the anti-monopoly rulebook at Google and the IRS from auditing their books?

It won't work. At some point they and a lot of other companies will be broken up after they all do something really dumb.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

By reading the comments here, you know majority of the people just read the title.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

It's nothing more than a business protection move, Google don't want their activities outside of the internet to pull the entire company down into financial crisis if they should fail.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

As long as those other projects won't be under the name Alphabet there basically won't be any change. I think Google as a brand is now recognized as much more than internet service. I mean, I'll hate to call Google cars Alphabet cars. Or Google Glasses Alphabet Glasses lol.

So It's like a large sheet covering up all the little bits and making it seemed like a whole ? 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Trivia: Microsoft registered abc.wtf and abc.fail redirecting to bing.

A little bit childish if you ask me. Anyway, what is wrong with TLDs recently? .xyz, .wtf, .fail srsly?

snip

Yo+dawg+desc+i+heard+you+like+house+http

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

So basically nothing has really changed yet. Title was a bit misleading, 'Alphabet' didn't necessarily acquire Google, 'Alphabet' is Google, with the multiple Google divisions spread into small companies under Alphabet.

I'm not sure nothing has or will change.

They already spun off Niantic Labs and it looks like Project Ara will change it's roadmap too http://www.phonearena.com/news/Project-Ara-caught-in-the-Alphabet-soup_id72667

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?