AMD phenom makes a comeback?

JJJarek

A 6ghz AMD still won't be as fast as a 4.5ghz Intel (in applications that don't use more than 4 cores) most likely.  Something like this might be great for rendering but not gaming IMO.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

In my opinion this looks plausible, but unlikely.

6 Ghz actually looks feasible at that voltage, but not with silicone or the current manufacturing processes for various types of transistors, 

SO they turn to graphene: http://www.graphenetracker.com/amd-patents-graphene-for-3d-electronics/

They (AMD) hold the patent for 3d- circuits built using Graphite!

Assuming that they managed to actually build a graphene processor and transistor gates then this 6 Ghz CPU and 75 tdp is not so outlandish.

IBM also has graphene prototype processors: http://www.nist.gov/pml/div683/conference/upload/Sung.pdf

with transistors capable of operating at 1 Tetrahertz = 1000 Ghz (http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1261594

)

So if they implemented this in their "new phenom" then they would have an extreme advantage.

Note: the above is just my reasoning and theory to how this would be possible.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

i guess we "all know" this is fake

still, i have to add that, is not impossible that AMD do a next gen cpu with many (many many many) cores

the fact is that... AMD "already have" a 16 cores cpu (on the G34 platform)

it's just question of time until the era 16 cores FX comes to us (but it be cool that G34 come to us to)

my personal target (don't ask why) is 24 cores in one motherboard, so i need

3 FX 8 cores = 24 cores (is impossible)

2 Opteron 12 cores = 24 cores (this one is possible)

1 next gen = 24 cores

AMD skipped Phenom III?

Well, they have a better way of dealing with that number then Valve huh.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

good to know the AMD fanboy isn't jumping up and down in excitment

do-want-house.jpg

25nm still ain't 22 :P

Fake.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'm a devoted intel and nvidia fan, but seeing these specs just made me be like

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I'm a devoted intel and nvidia fan, but seeing these specs just made me be like

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

I am an Intel enthusiast, but if Intel doesn't step up to the plate for future tech, AMD is the way to go. NVIDIA is behind schedule so we will have to see.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I am an Intel enthusiast, but if Intel doesn't step up to the plate for future tech, AMD is the way to go. NVIDIA is behind schedule so we will have to see.

What do you mean Nvidia is behind schedule?

The graphene would be awesome, but a prototype is not going to cut it, we will not see that soon.

And i remember reading something on anandtech about having a lot of cores, you would get a lot of delay by having 20 cores, so your performance would not bee that great, that is why i say, they all should just improve IPC, and after that increase core count as they go along, because this way, we will have more disappointing chips on our way.

But don't qoute me on that, i can't find this article, but i believe Linus even mentioned that on his livestream

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

You're quite right, Nvidia is lagging quite a bit behind AMD, let's hope they pull it through, we don't want AMD dominating the consoles and the PCs.

What do you mean Nvidia is behind schedule?

The graphene would be awesome, but a prototype is not going to cut it, we will not see that soon.

And i remember reading something on anandtech about having a lot of cores, you would get a lot of delay by having 20 cores, so your performance would not bee that great, that is why i say, they all should just improve IPC, and after that increase core count as they go along, because this way, we will have more disappointing chips on our way.

But don't qoute me on that, i can't find this article, but i believe Linus even mentioned that on his livestream

You're quite right, Nvidia is lagging quite a bit behind AMD, let's hope they pull it through, we don't want AMD dominating the consoles and the PCs.

As Katness said. They are behind AMD and if they don't act fast, this could reaqlly hurt them

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I really really hope this is true, because that sounds freaking awesome. 

If it's true, GG Intel, but you lost. 

Fat-FSU-Guy-Celebration.gif

COMIC SANS

As Katness said. They are behind AMD and if they don't act fast, this could reaqlly hurt them

Well dude it is expected for AMD that mkes CPU-s and GPU-s to have a bigger market share, Nvidia is graphic processing only company today, so it's a smaller market share.

I really really hope this is true, because that sounds freaking awesome. 

If it's true, GG Intel, but you lost. 

Fat-FSU-Guy-Celebration.gif

Don't be fooled, even if this is true, Intel would give us a 6 core i7 with HT ( on mainstream platforms and 8 cores on enthusiast ), i5's with 6 cores with no HT, and i3's would become true quad cores, not to mention they can improve the manufacturing by implementing the same heat transfer process that Sandy Bridge had, and not use this sad excuse of TIM.

Intel is deliberately making their CPU-s hot to save money on manufacturing, so that way they do not have to innovate every year, they can give us a chip with small increases in IPC just because they can, and to fool us they give us more SATA 3 ports, and stuff like that.

If AMD makes this chip this will only help create a competition healthy environment, and the the show may finally continue!!!

If AMD releases steamroller FX CPU-s that are competitive in q1 next year i am going AMD for sure.

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Nvidia has a lot going for them though. Especially with Shield and the fact that micro-stuttering is not as bad in multi-GPU configs. Just saying

that 75w TDP really has to be some mak or form of a fault? AMD have never been known for their energy saving, let alone on a 12 core, 6 GHz MONSTER.

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Ohh god I really hope so, in the old Phenom days I really loved AMD (bloody excellent CPU's) but since their Bulldozer piece of shit I couldn't be arsed with them even with a supposingly higher core count.

I was going to get a Phenom X4 but couldn't find any so I went in for my Z68 board and the Core i3.

Also 6Ghz and a 75w TDP I have to call bullshit to and why are they using a 32-bit CPU-Z?

TRAITOR!

ill be getting an intel when theres no amd alternative, saying amd fails and stuff doesnt make sence to me, heres why

what do you want from a pc or more to the point how often do we hear people say "i want to do gaming and rendering what cpu should i get?"

1) we know a £120 8320 overclocked to 4ghz will give you all the gaming performance your going to need and is comparable to a £160 i5...as linus pointed out in his comparison video the i5 might get 90fps and the amd get 75+/-fps but you cant complain over that sort of difference (the i5 is 20% faster but costs 25% more) its still more than enough and saves you cash

2) we know the 8 core amd's perform close to a £275 2600k/3770k/4770k in heavily threaded apps like video encoding, so you get a good mix of both

if you purely want to game regardless of cost buy a 4770k+2 titans+maximus6 hero and OC-£2085

if you want to game and render get a 8320+7950+CH5F-V and overclock-£550

if you want to render and game regardless of cost get a 3960x+2011-£1100(plus a few grand for quatros)

if you purely want to render get a dual xeon system and some quatros-£$$$$$

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

12 cores?! DAMN! But does this help the single threaded programs on the battle with intel? I mean Intel is masterace when it comes to single core processes but AMD has hands down multi core in the bag. Just hope this has sheer HORSEpower pump up. AMD needs it.

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

12 cores?! DAMN! But does this help the single threaded programs on the battle with intel? I mean Intel is masterace when it comes to single core processes but AMD has hands down multi core in the bag. Just hope this has sheer HORSEpower pump up. AMD needs it.

It's not true so it doesn't help at all. It's a wet dream of some idiot. Nothing to see here, move along.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

It's not true so it doesn't help at all. It's a wet dream of some idiot. Nothing to see here, move along.

lol. Wet dream

6 GHZ is probably a massive overclock, and even then this is 90% safe to asume complete BS.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I guess I would have to switch back to AMD if this is true ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

6 GHZ is probably a massive overclock, and even then this is 90% safe to asume complete BS.

I would believe phenom coming back.

I would believe 12 cores.

but 6ghz and 75w, NOPE.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB