AMD phenom makes a comeback?

JJJarek

I would believe phenom coming back.

I would believe 12 cores.

but 6ghz and 75w, NOPE.

Yeah, I'm actually kinda doubting at the 12 cores, but this could be a reality that's actually clocked at 4-4.5 with 75w TDP and then overclocked to 6 Ghz (Which is still very impressive at 1.4v, either golden binned or amazing chip) which would be awesome.

Now if this just doesn't cost 300-400$, I'll be happy ^^

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I would believe phenom coming back.

I would believe 12 cores.

but 6ghz and 75w, NOPE.

My feelings exactly.

Altho I still wouldn't believe 12 cores, more like 8 real cores.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Yeah, I'm actually kinda doubting at the 12 cores, but this could be a reality that's actually clocked at 4-4.5 with 75w TDP and then overclocked to 6 Ghz (Which is still very impressive at 1.4v, either golden binned or amazing chip) which would be awesome.

Now if this just doesn't cost 300-400$, I'll be happy ^^

Oh yes, sure. So you basically say that Xeon workstation processor with 8 full cores is not a proof that more than 2,5Ghz stable is VERY hard to do?

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

throwing more cores isnt always the answer amd needs to focus on there architecture because its horrible atm they need to fix there single threaded performance and there power usage then they should start adding more cores because intel can throw more cores at a problem to and i bet u if intel did the same amount of cores as amd it would just demolish them.

If these rumors do hold up, I'm sure we're not going to be looking at a sub $300 cpu. 

It would probably cost more than $500, well I wouldn't mind spending $500 on a cpu that is 6GHz and is 12 cores.

Is it CPU-z verified ? Anyone read Chinese?

Primary: 2017 Macbook Pro 15 2.9GHz with Aorus GTX 1070 eGPU / 512GB nvme ssd/ Samsung 840 pro 256gb/ Samsung 860 pro 512gb/ Samsung 27" CHG70 144Hz/ K95 / Razer Deathadder chroma

Secondary [AMD FX 8350 4.8Ghz/Gigabyte 990fxa-u3 v.4/ Asus R9 280x dcuii OC/Amd radeon 1866Mhz  32GB ram/ Samsung 840 pro 256GB x2/Naga Death Adder 2013/ corsair k95/ Dell 2312HM x 2/ Corsair 750D/ Corsair RM850/ Winows 7 Ultimate 64bit Backup : [AMD Phenom II 965 BE/MSI 790gx-65/XFX Radeon HD 4870/6GB Kingston Hyper X 1600MHz/Intel 520 480GB/OCZ Vertex 4 256GB/WD Black 500GB/Corsair Plat 860W/CM Advanced II Black & White/ /MX 518/Vengence k95/ Samsung 2333HD/vista64]Server- Intel i3 3220T / Asus H61M-A/16GB Kingston HyperX 1600/Intel 330 60GB/2TB x 3 WD Black/Sony Bravia 40" LED/Harman Kardon AVR 260 & HKTS 20 speakers/Ubuntu 13.04/ Fractal Node 605] 

throwing more cores isnt always the answer amd needs to focus on there architecture because its horrible atm they need to fix there single threaded performance and there power usage then they should start adding more cores because intel can throw more cores at a problem to and i bet u if intel did the same amount of cores as amd it would just demolish them.

Phenom is an amazing architecture and outperforms their piledriver equivalents under multi-threaded loads :/ if a 12 core phenom is truly a thing especially with the "Power Threading" (incase you didn't read the article properly it's the use of two cores at one) you could have 6 threads that absolutely rape the 3930k :/

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Oh well, the thing that backs this most is the fact this collides with the news that AMD is abandoning their FX-series lineup.

Oh well, the thing that backs this most is the fact this collides with the news that AMD is abandoning their FX-series lineup.

Really? Do you have a link?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Really? Do you have a link?

Oh well, It's speculation as well, but still fits really nicely with this. You just gotta look at the front page of Tech news for the link, but here it is http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/43215-amd-possibly-abandoning-fx-processors/

Im goona guess all of you had the Phenom II cause the Phenom sucked donky turds. Either I doubt they would start using it since they somewhat recently bought back the FX line.

Oh well, It's speculation as well, but still fits really nicely with this. You just gotta look at the front page of Tech news for the link, but here it is http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/43215-amd-possibly-abandoning-fx-processors/

I think they should focus on their APU's

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I think they should focus on their APU's

Well, I think them having both APU's and a 12 Core phenom would be brilliant

Well, I think them having both APU's and a 12 Core phenom would be brilliant

Sure would be but we'll see

Sure would be but we'll see

We will not see Phenom IV with 12 cores at 75TDP, AMD ain't no magicians xD

They are abandoning FX series and i can see why, they suck at making CPUs, Phenom II was good but they screwed it by lack of support and further optimisation.

I wonder what product would we get if they took Phenom II, added new instructions, added 2 more REAL cores and more l3 cache and other small improvements as always with evolving architecture. That would shit all over FX series and probably outperform intel i7 with multi-threaded tasks (8 REAL cores) - I am talking about 2011, it won't happen now. It's too late.

We will not see Phenom IV with 12 cores at 75TDP, AMD ain't no magicians xD

They are abandoning FX series and i can see why, they suck at making CPUs, Phenom II was good but they screwed it by lack of support and further optimisation.

I wonder what product would we get if they took Phenom II, added new instructions, added 2 more REAL cores and more l3 cache and other small improvements as always with evolving architecture. That would shit all over FX series and probably outperform intel i7 with multi-threaded tasks (8 REAL cores) - I am talking about 2011, it won't happen now. It's too late.

That is a shame, I loved the Phenom II's

That is a shame, I loved the Phenom II's

I am still using one and i even wanted to go out and buy whole new platform with Phenom II x6 1045t and overclock it (push it to its limits) - but then well i would miss a lot of fun with Intel processors :/

That's only a rumor about no FX processors anymore (no more desktop SKUs) but it may be true.

A 12 core AMD CPU with 65W TDP is very possible, especially if it was Jaguar based, but a 6Ghz frequency would be impossible under such low thermal threshold.

Oh that it collides with the same news from the same site....I think they are just click farming and have just ruined all credibility, look at the manufacturing tech 25nm ....tell me where is there a factory that makes that process node...none and why would they when they already have 22nm. Nothing about this "leak" makes any sense...not to mention how would they get the Phenon IV logo in CPUID .....pretty sure thats not in the database or it would have been datamined before this.

Oh that it collides with the same news from the same site....I think they are just click farming and have just ruined all credibility, look at the manufacturing tech 25nm ....tell me where is there a factory that makes that process node...none and why would they when they already have 22nm. Nothing about this "leak" makes any sense...not to mention how would they get the Phenon IV logo in CPUID .....pretty sure thats not in the database or it would have been datamined before this.

Oh well, I still don't believe in this. But I feel like dreaming about it though.

Oh well, I still don't believe in this. But I feel like dreaming about it though.

Oh of course i would love to have a 12 core monster chip however this "leak" has more holes then swiss cheese, or if it was a boat it would give the Titanic a run for its money. Its just a blatant fake, especially considering that most developers are going to being optimizing for the current chips anyways, it just dosent make sense to take a step backwards. The FX chips have always been an ace up the sleeve if an application can leverage the cores properly, the Crysis 3 benchmarks were a clear eye opener of what proper threading can do for the architecture.

• 5 weeks later...

75w tdp? use common sence, the 9590 was 8core 5ghz and 220 tdp

how in hell are they going to do 12 cores/6ghz and 75 tdp.

Even intels 4930k it has 130 w tdp. With 6 cores and lower clock speed. And intel cpu's are incredible power efficient

you can see the bs from miles away

Even intels 4930k it has 130 w tdp. With 6 cores and lower clock speed. And intel cpu's are incredible power efficient

Looks at post before you........ dat one month thread revive.

x-all-the-things-meme-generator-revive-a

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

dont resurrect threads !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

dont resurrect threads !

The thread was in the time limit by 2 days. He's ok.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER