How many of us actually know how a computer works....?

I wonder how many people on this forum actually know how a computer works.. :P

Not to say people don't give great advice on what to buy and stuff!- but I think it's interesting that many of us including myself don't know how a computer functions. I'm sure MOST people here don't actually have a clue! Not hating on this forum or anything because I love it! It just occurred to me that I love PC building and stuff but I and I'm sure many others are virtually clueless as to what happens inside their pc case :D

Just a sidethought!

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have a decent idea. I have enough knowledge to know what people are on about (e.g. Brief idea of how power is delivered to the mobo and CPU, basic components of a mobo and GPU and so on)

While I can't say oh a CPU does X operations to function and RAM uses these logic gates I can certainly explain what the purpose of various parts is and what benefits upgrading them will bring

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

lol thats easy. you press the power button and turn on the screen. then when you move your mouse or keyboard these signals go to the monitor. and the procesor draws the game for you 

/S

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

To quote Joel from Vinesauce...

When I was 5-6 years old, I asked my dad, "Dad, what is technology?"

And my dad goes, "it's magic, Joel; it's magic!"

Ever since that day, little Joel wasn't ever the same.

Basically, electric shenanigans.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

01010101010110010110101010101101010001010111010101. Done. Lol. I have a fair knowledge of how things work because my dad manufactures pics and ev chargers and teaches me how things work in addition how to make them and why it works. I also know a fair bit about the power delivery and etc. 

CC-NRG-BTC-DCFC.jpg

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Not to say people don't give great advice on what to buy and stuff!- but I think it's interesting that many of us including myself don't know how a computer functions. I'm sure MOST people here don't actually have a clue! Not hating on this forum or anything because I love it! It just occurred to me that I love PC building and stuff but I and I'm sure many others are virtually clueless as to what happens inside their pc case :D

Just a sidethought!

well what is there to know i mean your mobo supports communication between your cpu and and all other components such as storage and a gpu. this process uses memory to remember all the things it is doing right then and to help remember what active programs need all the other components preform a certain function that is actually listed in their name. Also an OS is needed to tell all of the components HOW to be utilized. So to answer your question i know how a computer works but i dont know how to create most of the parts as i ma no intel or nvidia.

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

u tewrn en da komputaw

et maeks a let ef leights

den u teipe steff

den u git veiruzes

den u fkued ep

den u b crey

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I blow tons of money on my computer. that's all I know

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

I know pretty well how a computers and other technology works. CompTIA Server+ Cert I did put me in a good spot. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Nope, you turn the PC on and the magical CPU square goes 100111001101010101010111000111010001 and boom Windows 10

Well the form of code is correct - binary.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

much image

funny-meme-true.jpg

philosoraptor-meme-generator-why-do-you-

when%20--%20says%20press%20any%20key.jpg

suburban-mom-meme.jpg

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I have a 247-year degree in Computer Science and Engineering, an xbone, and a $99999.99 PC.

Using my 247 years of experience I can tell you that consoles are much better than a $99999.99 PC. Here's why:

Consoles are made for gaming and therefore use AMD's SuperAPU technology that runs off of the new figi chipset. This allows the CPU/GPU combo (more commonly known as the APU) to be soldered directly to the motherboard, instead of having to use a socket. While this does make them non-upgradeable it makes it much more powerful than a socketed APU. A single $100 figi SuperAPU can outperform a $999999.99 5960X/TitanX combo because it much cheaper to produce. Using the figi chipset, SuperAPUs can also take advantage of DDR15 RAM, which is much more powerful than the platform that modern intel CPUs use, which is DDR4. A single gig of DDR15 performs as good as 128 gigs of DDR4, and is also really cheap to produce, which is another reason that makes consoles cheaper than PCs. Consoles' storage is also better than PCs because the fastest data transfer standard on PCs is NVME, while consoles use the xXxXxXxMountainDewAndDoritosxXxXxXxXx standard, which is much faster, allowing read and write speeds of up to 9999999 d/s (doritos per second).

Also, PC gamers say that PC gaming is cheaper because their servers for multiplayer are free to play on. That is because they are based off of outdated PC architecture. Xbox live servers are also based off of the figi SuperAPU technology and the xXxXxXxMountainDewAndDoritosxXxXxXxXx standard, which makes them much faster than PC servers, therefore being a premium service that costs extra money.

So, today I will be selling my $9999999.99 PC to buy a lifetime supply of Mountain Dew and Doritos. You can find me on xbox live at xXxMLG_ExploDeD117_420xXx

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Electronic circuitry design to deliver or receive binary communication. Multiply that by billions of other minute functionalities to further propagate the flow of electricity into useful information to produce calculations and visual representation.

It's like the human body, but instead of living cells, it has electric magic. Alien stuff!

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Not to say people don't give great advice on what to buy and stuff!- but I think it's interesting that many of us including myself don't know how a computer functions. I'm sure MOST people here don't actually have a clue! Not hating on this forum or anything because I love it! It just occurred to me that I love PC building and stuff but I and I'm sure many others are virtually clueless as to what happens inside their pc case :D

Just a sidethought!

CPU is sort of the brain, RAM is the short term memory, storage is the long term, etc. I just try to equate the parts to actual human organs to get people to understand. Hahaha.

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

It all works by a series of "on/off" simulated by power being ran through the wiring/tracks of the hardware. The BIOS is the first "software" to help you interact with the hardware (it's actually firmware written on a ROM chip), where the proper OS is where you can fully utilize it.

Take a look at TOY programming to get some basic ideas on how software works at a more "machine level" than some easy to learn languages.

And if you want take a crack at learning assembly ;)

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

The BIOS is the first operating system to help you interact with the hardware.

The BIOS is not an operating system. It's firmware.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch