North Korea turns back clocks to create new time zone [Pyongyang time]

Arty

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/08/07/north-korea-turns-back-clocks-to-create-new-time-zone/

North Korea is turning its clocks back 30 minutes to create a new time zone called “Pyongyang time.”

The isolated nation’s Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) announced the change Thursday. North Korea’s clocks will be turned back half an hour on Aug. 15, which marks the 70th anniversary of the country’s liberation from Japanese rule at the end of World War II.

KimJongUn3.jpg

The change will place North Korea 12 and half hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time, taking the country’s time out of synch with Japan and South Korea, which are both 13 hours ahead of the U.S. East Coast.

The Guardian reports that local time in North and South Korea and Japan has been the same since Japan’s rule of the then single Korea between 1910 and 1945.

The new time zone “shall be fixed as the standard time of the DPRK [Democratic People’s Republic of Korea] and called Pyongyang time,” North Korean state-run television channel KRT said Friday. “The wicked Japanese imperialists committed such unpardonable crimes as depriving Korea of even its standard time.”

lol North Korea

kim: YOU ARE LATE FOR THE MEETING!

mind controlled general: SIR IM SORRY

kim: WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THIS

mind controlled general; THE NEW TIMEZONES SIR

kim: HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE THE GREAT TIME ZONES OF KIM JONG UN! TO THE GALLOWS!

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

This doesn't belong in Tech news.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

“The wicked Japanese imperialists committed such unpardonable crimes as depriving Korea of even its standard time.”

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

What an idiotic thing to do. I guess this reminds me of Trump's attitude - give no fucks what anybody says, but that'd be an insult to Donald Trump.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Srsly why is this idiotic? There are many areas that do this they are hardly the only one. I don't understand the fuss about it.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Is that a cane...?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

That's great news and all but we can clearly see from that image that 

NORTH KOREA NOW HAS ACCESS TO TRIPLE MONITOR TECHNOLOGY

This is bad...

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

N. Korea did it again

tumblr_m8xro6hO4C1qery84.jpg

futurama-fry-north-korea.jpg

maybe the people would get some food.

Srsly why is this idiotic? There are many areas that do this they are hardly the only one. I don't understand the fuss about it.

Probably because it lacks any rational thought. Unless I'm mistaken, and I very well could be since I've not looked into this at all, but aren't all of these done specifically because they were necessary at the time whereas now there really isn't any reason for it to be added. And for that last part, unless the japanese actually did enforce a switch to a different timeset, thats irrelevant blame, and judging by how their government acts I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh look, the nation state equivalent of the shortbus did some shortbus-ie shit.

Surprise?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

KOREA NOW HAS ACCESS TO TRIPLE MONITOR TECHNOLOGY

This is bad...

Do not worry they do not have it..They just used 3 photos to look like trple monitor..so that rest of the world thinks they are highly advanced..

KOREA NOW HAS ACCESS TO TRIPLE MONITOR TECHNOLOGY

This is bad...

No, keyboards, mice, or anything else, so they're just small TV's and I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a static image on them. The tablecloth, floors, and chair are also incredibly cheap looking. He also probably doesn't actually need a cane. My spidey senses are telling me this was just a stage set up to make him look professional.

Who uses that time zone anyway? The leader is just making shit up just so he'll be relevant in the news.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I fail to understand why any of the people who can get close to him don't just murder him (or knock him unconscious) and deliver him to the west, and fix their own country.

That brainwashing must be some seriously strong shit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ah Best Korea, the nation equivalent of the Short Bus.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

kim: YOU ARE LATE FOR THE MEETING!

mind controlled general: SIR IM SORRY

kim: WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THIS

mind controlled general; THE NEW TIMEZONES SIR

kim: HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE THE GREAT TIME ZONES OF KIM JONG UN! TO THE GALLOWS!

don't you mean to the anti air gun

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/13/north-korean-defence-minister-executed-by-anti-aircaft-gun-report

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King