Nvidia Geforce revenue is up 59%

Lord Sparklebottom

c3gZ3QJ.jpg?1

Nvidia's gaming line of products seems to do extremely well, even after having to recall a bunch of Shield tablets that had thermal issues due to a hot battery.

The incresed revenue is mainly from traditional graphics-cards, and results in 59% more revonue with a total of $661 million.

Our gaming revenue rose 59% year-on-year to $ 661 million. This exceptional performance Reflects the buoyant gaming market as well as the Continued strength of our Maxwell-based GeForce GPUs for the enthusiast and performance categories.

8ZBBA3I.png

Source: http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/20906-nvidias-intakter-fran-geforce-upp-59-procent

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

And yet you will notice that their net income is down 81%

Note: Net income is profit, what's left over after everything is accounted for

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I would have thought the cost of the shield recall would not have shown up until q3 financials at least.  

Here's their press release in English for anyone who wants it:

http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-financial-results-for-second-quarter-fiscal-2016

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hm, their spending more on development, marketing, and other resources so much that their actual profit is way down from what it has been, but their global sales are vastly up. Interesting, I wonder what they have in store.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Hm, their spending more on development, marketing, and other resources so much that their actual profit is way down from what it has been, but their global sales are vastly up. Interesting, I wonder what they have in store.

Lets hope its money well spend on Pascal development.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

They're actually spending less on R+D,  But they did spend a bucket load on "restructuring" whatever that entails.  I dare say the reason their GAAP net income is down 80% is due to that and forecasts on the tablet debacle.  They don't seem to be including any of it in their NON_GAAP with a net income increase of 10%.

I haven't been following it very closely of late so I might have missed something but this is how looks on the surface.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Lets hope its money well spend on Pascal development.

Doubtful they'll spend more than they have to. Not until they can secure the means to use HBM, until then they'll most likely pull back and be focusing on marketing and hype. They already have the faster core, their only missing HBM.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

That's also because Euro dropped.

750+euros for a 980Ti? ...thanks

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

gameworks-banner.png

Gameworks is always there to mess up the performance of your high end graphics card just enough for you to bust your back for a new one. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I'm guessing that's a lot of marketing and R&D.

Them paying others to include Batman and such with their graphics cards.

Edit: I can only guess that they are throwing lots of money at research as well right now. For future cards that's after Maxwell.

at least we know that there reinvesting there profits, which is always nice to see in a company

Less net Income is always the goal. As strage as it may sound.

Less profits = less taxes.

Always better to invest the profits in more future profits... then "investing" in taxes.

Because Maxwell was a failure in the pro market as it's still on 28nm and misses virtual unified memory as well as double precision.

It wasn't supposed to be like that at all.

And while it was a big success for the gaming market it only makes a part of Nvidia's profits.

I bet next year they'll have big gains as Pascal is a huuuuge jump especially in the pro space.

RTX2070OC 

I would have thought the cost of the shield recall would not have shown up until q3 financials at least.  

Here's their press release in English for anyone who wants it:

http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-financial-results-for-second-quarter-fiscal-2016

It wouldn't have mattered either way.  Revenue does not account for any costs, including the recall.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

It wouldn't have mattered either way.  Revenue does not account for any costs, including the recall.

The only effect it would have on revenue is a possible future drop due to consumer confidence in their products.

Its so sad AMD cant release shit right.All their profits wents to intel and nvidia really.

gameworks-banner.png

Gameworks is always there to mess up the performance of your high end graphics card just enough for you to bust your back for a new one. 

Or somehow fuck over the competition just enough to make your own product relevant again, except your previous generation stuff, that shit too gotta get rekt so sales increases

Oh wow not another thread that got turned into a gamewroks bullshit, come on people a lot of people went over this with evidence but that's non of my bussines.

I bet @mr moose @Kloaked will like to discuss gameworks again kappa.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Oh wow not another thread that got turned into a gamewroks bullshit, come on people a lot of people went over this with evidence but that's non of my bussines.

I bet @mr moose @Kloaked will like to discuss gameworks again kappa.

I'm not interested in debating it.  As far as I am concerned the evidence is there for everyone to see, if someone can't see it then no amount of posts linking it, explaining it or even proving it will change a closed mind.

I nearly stopped participation in this forum last week because the petulance had risen to all time high, lot's of whinging and assumptions and insults yet not a single shred of evidence to support any of it.  

I'm not interested in debating it.  As far as I am concerned the evidence is there for everyone to see, if someone can't see it then no amount of posts linking it, explaining it or even proving it will change a closed mind.

I nearly stopped participation in this forum last week because the petulance had risen to all time high, lot's of whinging and assumptions and insults yet not a single shred of evidence to support any of it.

I know man that's why I said "kappa" I'm like people who say shit about gameworks are they blind or what ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650