Wouldn't it be great if someone like Noctua made home Fans?

bcredeur97

Was just thinking... Most consumer grade home-fans (Box fans, stand fans, etc.) are poorly designed and do not push much air for the amount of noise they make and the speeds they run at.

Like what if someone made a box fan that was literally like a giant (good quality) PC fan. With blades that come really close to the frame and have blades that actually have some engineering into them rather than just a simple "Slope" to them

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

ikr???

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Was just thinking... Most consumer grade home-fans (Box fans, stand fans, etc.) are poorly designed and do not push much air for the amount of noise they make and the speeds they run at.

Like what if someone made a box fan that was literally like a giant (good quality) PC fan. With blades that come really close to the frame and have blades that actually have some engineering into them rather than just a simple "Slope" to them

Ew blades on a home fan.

Chop, Chop, Chop

xxl_dyson-air-multipliers-new-970-80.jpg

What about Dyson?  

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Box_Fan.12572135_std.jpg

Imagine cooling yourself with Noctua fans! Cool idea

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

I agree with this... so far, only the industrial fans were able to push enough air to keep my room cool...

Ew blades on a home fan.

Chop, Chop, Chop

-insert blade less fan pic here-

Dyson-Cool.jpg

here you go...

I've always thought of this as well lol, a giant NF-S12B as a box fan

"Rawr XD"

I agree with this... so far, only the industrial fans were able to push enough air to keep my room cool...

ninjia edit.

More like the equivalent of Apple fans

Agreed. Still better than most but then overpriced and over marketed. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Agreed. Still better than most but then overpriced and over marketed. 

Yeah, and mostly for the unique aesthetics

"Rawr XD"

considering a good 120mm computer fan from the likes of Noctua cost as much as a 16 inch pedestal fan.. imagine how much it would cost for a similarly sized "computer fan".

It's just easier and cheaper to strap a few plastic blades to a lawnmower motor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

considering a good 120mm computer fan from the likes of Noctua cost as much as a 16 inch pedestral fan.. imagine how much it would cost for a similarly sized "computer fan".

It's just easier and cheaper to strap a few plastic blades to a lawnmower motor.

Probably as much as a Hunter industrial fan... (~100-200USD) for the basic desk fan model in their signature color of tan and brown...

Probably as much as a Hunter industrial fan... (~100-200USD) for the basic desk fan model in their signature color of tan and brown...

Which is already way more than what most people would be willing to pay for something like that... At that price, might as well just get a cheap AC.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I mean it wouldnt be hard to rig up an array of noctuas on chicken wire or something

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I mean it wouldnt be hard to rig up an array of noctuas on chicken wire or something

Whole room water cooling Noctua array exists

"Rawr XD"

Whole room water cooling Noctua array exists

minus the rads because those block a lot of the air

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

"Honey, please turn on the window fan"

HRjqMJc.png?1

Thanks m8 I looked for a shopped picture, didn't find any, and was too lazy to make my own. :/

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

minus the rads because those block a lot of the air

I'll make one with a metal frame if someone pays for the fans. Then give it away

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

"Honey, please turn on the window fan"

-snip-

I want this now...

But a Noctua already costs more than box fans where I live by $10! It would be cool, but 1 big 20 inch noctua for $50+?

I like good humans and good food

Depends on what you want in a home fan. Personally I like loud home fans that blow a metric f**k ton of air.

Like this

436417.jpeg

Why? Because they last longer, and actually move air, instead of just making noise while moving no air.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs