Which Apple products do you own and why?

iPod Classic because at the time the equivalents were Microsoft Zune (LOL!) and Creative Zen. I don't know anyone who's still using either of those nearly a decade later, so the iPod was decent.

iPhone 4 because it seemed better than the Samsung Galaxy S II. Then iPhone 6 partly because Apple's support for the iPhone 4 was way longer than any other smartphone I saw, and also it had some features that I wanted that Android doesn't (such as full sync with MS Outlook without having to use MS Exchange Server).

I actually really liked the Zune I had. Lack of Car Stereo support is the only reason I switched to an iPod

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Yay! Throttled performance! 

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I personally don't own any, but there are 3 in the family. My brother has an iPod touch and iPad, and my mum owns an iPhone.

PC Specs: i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, HyperX Red 16Gb (4x4), Define R5, EVGA G2 750, Samsung 850 Evo 120gb + WD Blue 1TB, MSI TF5 GTX 970.

Peripherals: 1 x Asus VX239H, Logitech G502, Masterkeys Pro S, Superlux HD668B.

LTT poll be broken....

But starting with my iPods:

• iPod touch 2nd gen 8GB(I have two, but only one is functional). This was my first Apple device and my first touchscreen device, I love it <3. This was also the first device that I jailbroke(Jailbreak.me FTW!) and I learned lots from that experience :P. It still runs to this day and is still jailbroken. The second one I bought used for $10, mostly cause I wanted the battery and home button from it.
  • iPod Nano 6th gen 16GB "Product red". This is my best friend for working out. Its compact, lightweight, and clips onto my bra strap so that I don't have to wear a stupid "arm band". I've had this thing for years and it still works great to this day, but it is showing its age with some battle wounds on its screen and a battery that just doesn't last the full week like it used to. I initially bought this as a watch, now it never sees the watch band case.
  • iPod classic 5th gen. It was given to me since it was broken, the HDD lasted me a week before it finally RIP'd. I still have it somewhere, not sure where though.

iPhones:

• iPhone 4, my first iPhone. This was my savior from the terrible Android Froyo at the time. It just worked, the battery could get you through a full day, and best of all it too was jailbroken. This thing was perfect, it did everything I wanted and the tinkering possibilities were much better than my iPods, but then it got old, slow, and now is used as an iPod.
  • iPhone 4s. I really don't know what I was thinking when I bought this. I got this as an upgrade from my iPhone 4, and it really wasn't worth it. I ended up trading my dad for his Blackberry Storm and Moto Razr(Android), but I ended up getting the 4s back a year later. This then became my girlfriends phone since she needed a phone when she came to the US, and she used it until she stole my one week old iPhone 6. The amazing thing is that it still runs iOS 5.1.1, so I cant really use it since most apps aren't compatible, but I would feel terrible upgrading it.
  • iPhone 6, my first white iPhone. Like I said, I only had his phone for a week. My GF was lusting over my new iPhone so I lent it to her, however I don't think I'll ever get it back. Was a great device though other than the battery, would get another if I cared enough.

What makes all of my "mobile" Apple devices so great:

• Apple universal dock. I love this thing, its so elegant and useful. Not only does it charge my devices, but I can also plug the line-out of this dock into the line-in on my computer, so that I can pass the audio through my computer to either my speakers or headphones. The remote completes the experience making music easy to use, except for when you loose the remote, which I have twice, and its $20 each time.

Macs:

• Macbook Air 2011. This is my GF's old PC, it has a jacked up screen but that doesn't stop this computer from being reliable. Sadly, neither of us have a use for this thing, so its just used as a monitor for my closet server.
  • Macbook 2015: We don't have this one yet, but we will soon. People like to crap on this computer, but the reality is that its a great machine. It looks and feels great, and other than performance there really isn't any compromises for a media focused laptop. We should be getting the base model with the 1.1Ghz CPU and 256GB of storage. Like the iPhone 6, I have a feeling it will be "hers".
  • PowerMac G4 tower: I know nothing about this computer, other than its slow AF and has a fan going bad. I really would like to make this into a PC, but I would feel bad tearing it apart since its in excellent condition. I have the matching monitor, keyboard, and hockey puck mouse as well.

Iphone 4S and still typing on it right now.

Why? Because at the time it was released there was no better Phone out there.

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

I love how you didn't include for work/school.

I own an iPhone because I'm to cheap to buy a new phone even though it sucks hardcore, and I own and iPad because my school makes me

Edit: Also EarPods don't make you look cool. At all.

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

The current apple product I own is the iPhone 5s (had a 6 plus but sold it for PC parts) which I received free as part of a contract. I don't mind both android or iOS, but the only one on the tariffs I was going for was the s5 and I already had that phone before hence just decided to stick out with a 5s because I prefer the smaller screen size over the 6 plus. I am gonna sell it next year and replace with either a 7 or one plus/ Samsung

iPod Touch first Gen, still works though I don't use it as frequently anymore (Screw you Spotify, for not working on iOS3....) It also kind of got replaced by my phone...

Also got am iPhone 6 as a company phone, even though I don't really need and use it as I am only a working student (except for checking emails, calling colleagues and listening to music - mostly listening to music tbo  :P ) But my boss was like,"hey, have an iPhone" when he ordered my euqipment, so well...  :D

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

I own an iPhone 4S. It was my first smartphone.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

The poll wouldn't let me vote for just turnip and ipod.. :huh:

I had an old 80GB ipod video. I still have it somewhere but its toast I think. When I bought it almost a decade ago, an 80GB mp3/video player was ludicrous.

41GwrUlKNbL.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I used to love apple like 8-10 years ago, I loved the iPhone 4, which I still own, the iPad was nice as well. Loved the older MacBook Pros (compared to the competition at that time they were baller imo). Now I feel like they've sold their soul, More than 80% of their revenue comes from selling mobile devices, which is a good thing but they don't innovate like they used to, they just go with the flow, not pushing to their maximum ability. I feel like since Steve Jobs died it got even worse :(

I have an iphone 4 :) i got for my bday and it seems to be pretty rad enough for me.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

To bad I can't participate, there is no 'none' option.  :P

I feel left out. :( 

*edit*

I can't buy Apple products as I have met to many Apple cultists (literally) and I was working and playing games on the pc for to long waiting for Apple to release its coding for games on Apple computers and lost all faith in Apple because of it.  :(  I really wanted one of those Macintosh's and even used one in school but alas Apple had to be all stuck up and wouldn't let games on its OS. Biggest fail they ever did, this is why Windows out paced them in the general market. But having been said; Apple had the upper hand in other things and they finally branched out later in life but I was already stuck on the pc and I have a little ocd which mean if I buy something and want to connect it to something else they need to be on the same field of play e.g. my phone and my pc connect seamlessly since I own a windows pc I own a windows phone. Easy. and othere things as well.

Sorry that wasn't a rant but it kinda came out that way. No offenses intended.  -_-

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

iPad mini 2

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

IPhone Because My Parents Bought It Without My Judgement,I Wanted A Flip Phone

Bias as fuck voting options, I'm not a fanboy but I like some of their products, found an ipod mini in a park a few years back, handed it into the police and no-one claimed it after 3 months so I got to keep it. Bougth a Macbook air because it was the best price:performance laptop on the market at the time (funny no?).

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

i love apple to death. mac mini iPad mini apple tv 1 apple pigs macintosh plus etc. :)

none....

Zune from back in the day....

Asus Laptop...

Custom PC

Kindle HD ...6? not really sure I used it like once...

2nd Gen moto X coming thursday

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Bias as fuck voting options, I'm not a fanboy but I like some of their products, found an ipod mini in a park a few years back, handed it into the police and no-one claimed it after 3 months so I got to keep it. Bougth a Macbook air because it was the best price:performance laptop on the market at the time (funny no?).

sorry but it is not funny. thanks!

late 2008 macbook and a mid 2011 Imac. I had a ibook g4 but had to sell it sadly :(. The reason I have them is because I like the look and feel of apple computers and always wanted one (not the new shit). ​ 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

My options are not on the poll.

IMac g4

2 emacs

Powermac g4 cube

Apple cinema display 20"

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."