Why do you guys hate apple?

Guest Johnny5g
Go to solution Solved by AnonymousGuy,

I just don't like Apple as a company.  Steve Jobs was a cunt, their products are lacking in features, and the zealousness of their fanbase is a major turn off.  The fact that Apple is considered "the most valuable company in the world" based on market cap is the punchline to it.  No one would care if Apple disappeared tomorrow.  Try that for Google or Intel or Microsoft or Walmart or Exxon.

That video...... SMH

Leave the forum and never come back lol

I know right, I don't quite understand why it's in the OP. Maybe it's an example of idiotic arguments, or common myths by people that don't have a clue? A sort of self referential, this is why Mac vs PC arguments are stupid? I hope that's why it's in the post, and not as a valid example.

This is what the guy is basically saying. Macs are less expensive that Windows PCs, because when you buy a Windows PC you have to spent $200 on anti-virus, then $350 at Bestbuy to restore your PC after getting a virus. Haha. The video can't even be defended by saying it's an old video, it's been made relatively recently, it references Windows 7.

People hate apple because their products are overpriced by today's hardware standards, they compensate for that with optimized software though.

Also, people still think Macs are better for video production, but that age was long long ago when windows was sort of crap at it.

Most of us also want to mess around with the hardware and/or software, that's something you can't do as easy on Mac, like you can do with Android/Linux and Windows.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Well the video is a bit old, but the upgrade cost isnt the same. I upgraded to 8 for 40 bucks. 8.1 was free and 10 was free. I dont go out and buy anti virus, there is free options that are good. (Macs DO get virus's btw, they aren't invulnerable) I dont buy the office suite since open office is free and is the exact same thing. I also don't take my computer to Geek Squad because: 1) they are overpriced. 2) Im not a moron and can fix it myself.

Needless to say, I like apple and for a laptop I plan to get a MacBook Air

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

I am just curious. Thanks!

That video is invalid.

> Don't have to use office. You can use any FREE or less expensive word processor. Windows even includes one.

> Macs cant even compare performance wise.

> Can't physically upgrade a mac.

> Windows 10 was FREE and you could purchase a key for $20.

> MACS DO GET MALWARE. JAVA RAT IS MOST COMMON.

blackshades on

If they renamed Apple to Potato i would be a lot happier

Much better now.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

If it has an Apple logo then it must be great /s

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Well the video is a bit old, but the upgrade cost isnt the same. I upgraded to 8 for 40 bucks. 8.1 was free and 10 was free. I dont go out and buy anti virus, there is free options that are good. (Macs DO get virus's btw, they aren't invulnerable) I dont buy the office suite since open office is free and is the exact same thing. I also don't take my computer to Geek Squad because: 1) they are overpriced. 2) Im not a moron and can fix it myself.

Needless to say, I like apple and for a laptop I plan to get a MacBook Air

The last time I had any sort of virus, was back with Windows XP service pack 1. So well over 10 years ago. I haven't used anything other than Windows Defender since Windows 7. Does that mean, I can say that Windows PCs don't get viruses? Probably not, because they do exist, and amazingly some people are still affected by them. 

Yet, I've overheard "geniuses" in Apple stores uttering the words, "unlike Windows, Mac's don't get viruses". No wonder, people actually believe that crap, especially when they pop in past bestbuy, and they're being told they need to buy Norton anti-virus for 40 dollars.

Umm , i can just buy a 100€ laptop which has windows 8.1 + office...

and antiviruses dont cost 200$, more like max 50$.

and also, my antivirus doesnt even do anything, only eats some ram and cpu power...

people just dont care for their pcs

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Video no longer does shit

upgrades are now free :)

Windows is more developed 

There marketing schemes are bogus even though they probably account for most of the sales. Most people on this forum can see right through them and I wish more people could. Plus how they are pushing thin thin thin devices that I personally will never buy something like the new MacBook because of all the drawbacks it has all just to make it easier to carry...

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I don't love apple, I don't hate apple. I choose to be critical of the pros and cons of products from various companies and decide whats best for me. Being a fanboy is bad. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

how about OVER PRICED

Horrible cooling

No advanced features

Why the hell cant one jsut drop music onto an iphone. Have to use itunes. Need i go on?

You forgot "egregious human rights violations".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Overpriced.

That's the main thing really.

Also their practices are a little shady. Except protecting their users' personal information with encryption, that's a good thing, but nowadays all companies should be doing it.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I just watched that video, what a load of crap. Not only is it severely outdated, but its biased AF. I have some beef with that kids logic:

• Everybody uses office so its only what I(or you) can use? Wrong, OpenOffice. It too can import/export Word/Excel/PowerPoint documents.
  • You need antivirus? No, people need common sense. You can get by without antivirus if you are careful. Also, Macs cant get viruses? That is totally false, there have been many Mac viruses throughout the years, and even since this video was made, so that argument is invalid. All code is hackable, which means that Macs need anti-virus too(so lets add that to the total cost, or not because there is FREE anti-virus programs on both platforms).
  • Lastly, repair costs? This is a result of user error, and actually this cost varies. My local Microcenter charges $80(I think), my local PC shop charges $50, and I personally charge $500, but it doesn't matter since its a result of user error. If I break the HDD on my Mac will it get replaced for free? Didn't think so.
  • And OS upgrades? Ever since W8 they have been free, so both platforms can upgrade freely.

So today, what does this come to? Well, you don't have to pay for office on either platforms as there are free alternatives, there are free alternatives to anti-virus on both platforms(which we can assume is needed), and lastly OS upgrades are free, so really the upfront cost. This is where the real argument is, and really they come out even IMO. So, can you buy cheaper PC's(like sub $700 ones)? Yes, but those come at a cost of lower build quality and features. Macs come with a superb build quality and are fully featured, with things like decent speakers, backlit keyboards, SSD's as standard, High resolution displays(assuming we are talking about higher resolution than "HD", or 720p). But you can buy a PC with these attributes at roughly the same price, so really they are even in this regard(Razer, Dell Latitude, and MSI come to mind).

Just please, let that video die in the YouTube archives. The history of a company or technology is one thing, but whats current is a whole different thing.

They say it's supposed to work better on older devices like the 4S. I assume.

I don't think they mean it'll work better then iOS 8 on the 4S, but rather better the iOS 7 on the 4.

"Rawr XD"

Lol I had to stop watching the video it was like watching a conspiracy theory

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

That video is invalid.

> Don't have to use office. You can use any FREE or less expensive word processor. Windows even includes one.

> Macs cant even compare performance wise. Depends on the hardware, you can buy an XPS13 for approximately the same price as a macbook 12" and they both have pretty identical specs...

> Can't physically upgrade a mac. You can, you can upgrade the RAM/HDD and sometimes even the GPU. Also for the mac pro lines you can upgrade how you want provided your parts fit and are compatible

> Windows 10 was FREE and you could purchase a key for $20. So was Yosemite?

> MACS DO GET MALWARE. JAVA RAT IS MOST COMMON. They do, but they are less inclined to get it. 

See edited quote

There marketing schemes are bogus even though they probably account for most of the sales. Most people on this forum can see right through them and I wish more people could. Plus how they are pushing thin thin thin devices that I personally will never buy something like the new MacBook because of all the drawbacks it has all just to make it easier to carry...

There are plenty of "thin" laptops that are all overpriced and they aren't just apple devices...

Dell, Lenovo, MSI, they all do it as well.

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

Quality-price ratio.

Also fanboys.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Few products of Apple have their place in market, but most of them are there simply because of a brand. Thing I like to say to people who are trying to explain why apple products are good. 
" You are saying to the guy who knows tech, that thing witch costs more and has less features is better?"

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

See edited quote

There are plenty of "thin" laptops that are all overpriced and they aren't just apple devices...

Dell, Lenovo, MSI, they all do it as well.

I wouldn't recommend an XPS to anyone. Those are obviously expensive and not great price to performance.

The video stated Windows costs only $119 and that's it. Not true.

Not less inclined. Depends on the user 100%. Windows users just have more freedom, and mac users can catch the same amount. Just depends on what each one is doing.

blackshades on

PRICEEEE... 

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

COMPLETELY underpowered for the hardware that they use. Along side with the abysmal cooling it ends in thermal throttling of the CPU for CAD development, a thing that the computer was built for. Even Linus says it in his iChanged video with the 5k iMac. he couldn't run the 5K display because of the limited hardware. Some products, I admire as they are genuinely decent pieces of hardware such as the G5, but the blind love by so many people who just buy their products for the sake of owning one is straight up irritating

When Steve jobs died innovative died with it, now they just steal other peoples ideas but them in some fancy aluminium shell (iWatch, iphone 5s and everything after that), I remember people bought iPhones because they were leaps and bounds ahead of android but that time is long gone. The way I see it they took the Apple name that was once known because they made quality stuff and raped it but people still buy there stuff because it's Apple

I wouldn't recommend an XPS to anyone. Those are obviously expensive and not great price to performance.

The video stated Windows costs only $119 and that's it. Not true.

Not less inclined. Depends on the user 100%. Windows users just have more freedom, and mac users can catch the same amount. Just depends on what each one is doing.

Then why all the Apple shilling? why not hate other brands as well?

Windows users definitely don't have "more freedom", its a bloody OS. I would understand if Apple locked it down to not being able to do anything but you can do any task on your PC you feel like. If you feel like breaking your OS, fine but make sure to use admin credentials. If you want to install an unsigned application, no worries. 

Just because it's got an apple logo slapped on it doesn't make it the worst in the world (certainly not the best either), Jobs just had brilliant marketing strategies. And you can't hate someone because of their success :)

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350