Anyone Else annoyed at Linus Begging for Likes?

doctorraichu

I hate asking for likes in the beginning. Especially when they say like for us to post this video WELL YOU BETTER POST THAT VIDEO CUZ IT'S WHAT YOU GET PAYED FOR.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

the more the merrier. 

i'd be merrier without more.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Seriously, he's been doing this every video. Is anybody else very annoyed?

This thread has been made before. Stop complaining.

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

OP drooling again. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

come on guys like this post if you like it and like it if you dont like it 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

Nah.

And he's been saying "Like the video if you liked it, dislike it if you disliked it" or stuff like that, he's mainly just asking for feedback on the video.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Likes create more chances to the videos being found and watched.

It's advertising your own product.

bye

People complaining about linus begging for likes is what is annoying

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I'll admit it can a tad annoying sometimes.

BUT

Remember this is his livelihood. Ads, both in video and from youtube, views, and likes HELP him make money. So while I'll admit seeing ads and such is annoying, I 100% understand why they are there and don't complain.

I like the way he does it though, mentioning you can dislike. Most people don't do that.

(reminds me I should turn off adblocker again. Youtube ads are so annoying and repetitive sometimes and I needed a break....)

REMEMBER: This is free, unless you support him with money every month. Be a good watcher and support how you can, by disabling adblock, liking if it's good, and such.

I don't agree with the use of the word, "begging." He's not begging, he's just using it as a medium to see if his fans are liking what he's doing. I'm ambiguous about this method, although it really is one of the most effective methods, and you'll see that the majority of content creators use it. I believe he'll tease different things in different videos and depending on the analytics from that, him and Linus Media Group know what video has priority, even if, in the end, all of them are created. Some might say it's a voting system.

I am ambiguous because not only was the liking system created to show the content creator what content the viewers like, which - keep in mind - he is using it for this in a way, but he also gives me a reason to be torn. It is always stated in the manner that I should, "press the like button if want to see [this video]", even if I haven't enjoyed the video he's saying that in.​​ It comes across as if I liked every single one of his videos just because I wanted to see what he was teasing. So, really, it doesn't tell him what content was poor, and it removes certain potential for improvement.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I don't mind. :P

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

I really don't care, nor do I give a shit about it. people need to stop posting this, if you don't like it then leave or skip 5 seconds ahead, or even plug your ears. Likes are good for the channel, it helps it grow and people often forget to like videos, how about instead of complaining, you hit that like button and help them if they are your favorite youtuber.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

Not at all.

If I wasn't reminded to click like, I never would. If I don't like something, I won't click like even if I am reminded.

Stop getting butt hurt, its bad for the penis.

Can't tell what OP is referring to, but I think telling people to "like if you liked, dislike if you disliked" is fine.

What I do think is a cheap cop out is when they say to

"like this video if you want to see our video on ___________"

The problem is that people go "well ok, yeah, I want to see that video, hurr durr!" and click like, which totally throws off the whole vote system, and makes it pointless to vote at all. Totally makes voting irrelevant for anyone who's actual intention was to click based upon their like/dislike of the video, because the whole thing is now skewed with people clicking for a completely different reason.

It's cheap imo, and I really wish they'd stop doing it. What is the threshold for the number of 'likes' they need to hit for them to actually post a video? Would they not post the upcoming video they're advertising if they were below that threshold? How would we even know? 

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

it's youtube ... he's not the only one doing it, watch other big youtuber and almost all of them do it!

I don't find it annoying because Youtube ... but seriously, are people asking that trolling or serious?

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I'm not big on the "like this video if you want to see some unrelated video we're going to release anyway" bit, but if it works as better marketing for a while, good for them for creating more interest. It doesn't change the way I behave, so I'm mostly indifferent.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

This is like any other channel I'm subscribed to.

"If you like this video, hit the like button down below, subscribe or leave a comment down below..."

This is like the standard "signing off" greeting for professionally done YouTube content.  I don't see anything wrong with this.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Yes, I am annoyed by it. I find it obnoxious and irritating. Same for the teasing. I don't see how in a year people can go from "No, this is stupid." to "Nah, I am alright with this." It maybe his channel, but it's bloody annoying. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Well it's useful, i never remember to like the videos i watch even if i really liked them, but when linus reminds you to like if ypu liked the video then I've got no problem, and he gets more publicity and more views, which supports him to make more videos, everyone wins

Umm, EVERY OTHER CHANNEL ON THE FREAKING YOUTUBES DOES THIS.

Also, his channel, his closed company, his rules.

OfYGY.gif

hahaha.

YES!

I dont think he is begging for likes. He actually integrates his request for likes with teasers of upcoming vids very well.

I usually only like a vid if it is particularly helpful or extremely well done. I think I have only disliked a handful of vids in my entire time on youtube. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro