Anyone Else annoyed at Linus Begging for Likes?

doctorraichu

Seriously, he's been doing this every video. Is anybody else very annoyed?

No.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

I'm getting annoyed that people keep getting annoyed at how someone else runs their own business/Youtube channel.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

IF YOU LIKE IT LEAVE A LIKE, IF YOU DONT YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Seriously, he's been doing this every video.

You know what else he's been doing every video? Providing us free entertainment and educational content. Maybe remember that when you complain that he's reminding you to do something extremely easy that helps him a lot.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This.

And if you're talking about him doing stuff like "And if you want to see my results video on how Asian Dennis is, smash that like button," that's just him using the like/rating system to his advantage so that his team doesn't waste time doing a video that the majority of people don't want to see.

I hate those people who like their own comments/videos. Pretty self absorbed.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Is "if you liked it, leave a like" Begging?

He's begging for likes when it comes to creating videos - it makes the videos appear greater than they actually are. It's misleading.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This.

And if you're talking about him doing stuff like "And if you want to see my results video on how Asian Dennis is, smash that like button," that's just him using the like/rating system to his advantage so that his team doesn't waste time doing a video that the majority of people don't want to see.

well. xD, most of the time future vids are done. especially with that week delay from vessel to youtube.

but as long that content is good, and in most vids it is. idc. i just ignore it.

#1st world problems.

He's begging for likes when it comes to creating videos - it makes the videos appear greater than they actually are. It's misleading.

Alright, I do get your point. However, I don't think it's 'begging'

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Not annoyed that much... the thing is, he mentions something which is upcoming shortly, like an office tour or whatever - something to look forward to.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

A critical staff-member? This is why I love LTT, critisism isn't avoided.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Not even a little bit, as he also says you can dislike the video he isn't really begging. It's a quick way to gauge the response to a question, most being "Do you want to see a video on 'x'?" Saves them time trawling through the hundreds or thousands of comments to count yes/no votes.

As they are videos on youtube, which has a like/dislike function, I have come to expect it from the bigger youtube stars and usually do anyway, both liking and disliking.

No that's how he makes a living and what allows us to keep watching his content

A critical staff-member? This is why I love LTT, critisism isn't avoided.

No one escapes from my criticism.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

you know guys, ltt as a whole busts their asses to put out vids that are pretty good and dont cost you a dime to watch. click like if you like it. dislike if you dont and SAY THANKS FOR MAKING THESE VIDS ITS NOT THAT EASY!!!!!!!

you know guys, ltt as a whole busts their asses to put out vids that are pretty good and dont cost you a dime to watch. click like if you like it. dislike if you dont and SAY THANKS FOR MAKING THESE VIDS ITS NOT THAT EASY!!!!!!!

Refer to my post above. I don't care if they ask to like the video/subscribe if we enjoy the content, but my issue is liking videos to get feedback on a particular video topic. It creates a false sensation that the videos are more amazing than what they really are. I noticed it the first time they did it - sudden surge in video likes. My criticism though is intended to be constructive. I only want to see LMG improve on their practices and expand.

they ask because it makes their vids more "active"  im not sure wha utube calls it, but the more user interaction your vid has, the more likely it will show up in the "what to watch" ect. for other people.  like making a snowball.  add to the snowball bro

Sometimes 60% of the video is off topic like begging and advertising unrelated to the topic

the video is supposed to cover, yes it annoys sideways straight through the wall. I find it

pretty obnoxious, while i didn't mind the old "reminder" i do not appreciate this new approach. 

Clearly disregarding the already well established and supportive viewer base in favor of

random exposure. 

yeah, i also hate the advert spots.  i really wish they wouldnt do them. im torn between hating and supporting advertisers.  leaning hate....  just sayin

hes not begging hes just telling you, i never like videos unless they say so because i always forget, and linus always reminds me me too 

Refer to my post above. I don't care if they ask to like the video/subscribe if we enjoy the content, but my issue is liking videos to get feedback on a particular video topic. It creates a false sensation that the videos are more amazing than what they really are. I noticed it the first time they did it - sudden surge in video likes. My criticism though is intended to be constructive. I only want to see LMG improve on their practices and expand.

You've hit the nail on the head here. 

With gentle reminders, no one hits the button even though it only costs them a second.

If we do it this way, they hit the button, which results in greater search rankings and view counts for us in the long term. 

In the old days I never even drew attention to the star ratings. I just wanted people to naturally use them to indicate how they felt, but people don't do that, so I've gone this route and it's been VERY effective.

With gentle reminders, no one hits the button even though it only costs them a second.

If we do it this way, they hit the button, which results in greater search rankings and view counts for us in the long term. 

In the old days I never even drew attention to the star ratings. I just wanted people to naturally use them to indicate how they felt, but people don't do that, so I've gone this route and it's been VERY effective.

I can confirm this. I spend 90% of my time awake at my computer, I have no job, and no social life. So I spend a lot of time on youtube. I rarely even remember to use the like button unless I am reminded.

Edit: And yet somehow, I remember to use it on the LTT forums.....weird.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Linus, do a fast as possible to explain how Youtube search rankings etc work, and how likes help you out. I'm not sure everybody gets how it directly helps to promote your channel on the Youtubes.

How many youtubers don't ask for likes? Likes aren't hard to give and they help him out.

I can confirm this. I spend 90% of my time awake at my computer, I have no job, and no social life. So I spend a lot of time on youtube. I rarely even remember to use the like button unless I am reminded.

Edit: And yet somehow, I remember to use it on the LTT forums.....weird.

Almost no content gets a like from me. Posts on LTT, Facebook posts/comments, YouTube videos, etc. I'm not ignoring those buttons - I deliberately avoid hitting the "like" button.

Linus, do a fast as possible to explain how Youtube search rankings etc work, and how likes help you out. I'm not sure everybody gets how it directly helps to promote your channel on the Youtubes.

I don't think Google's algorithms are public info.