Anyone Else annoyed at Linus Begging for Likes?

doctorraichu

I don't think Google's algorithms are public info.

Aye, fair point. I was more thinking as a long time YouTuber he's probably got a good idea of how they work, and could give an overview. Fast as possible is meant as a sort of place to point "noobs" after all, doesn't need to go into much detail. Just a place to point people who complain about like whoring etc.

Hey, if Linus Tech needs more money ....

Linus & Slick pron!

Linus is my fetish.

Ok, so Linus himself just told us how much more it helps.  its cheaper for us than to donate, easier than to use amazon link, and really actually helps.  if it wasnt a cause you care about, fine, get sick of it.  forums arent free to host.  gear and time isnt free.  ltt isnt evil corp.  give um a break.

It seems reasonable, as it is a common metric for youtube content creators to judge what they are doing as either good or bad.  LTT may actually just want to know what viewers think of the videos, in order to provide more entertaining/quality videos.  I don't remember the last time i actually did a like or dislike or even used youtube with a logged in profile... so maybe they see how many views and how few like/dislikes and comments the videos get and is trying to engage more...

no? He says like it or dislike it or comment if you want to say more, and also, if he gets a lot of likes it's obvious that he knows people want to see certain content eg "smash the like button if you want to see a review of a Hp Omen laptop" (that was an example, he isn't reviewing it) but if he get's a massive influx of likes it's obvious people want to see the laptop being reviewed 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Seriously, he's been doing this every video. Is anypony else very annoyed?

Frankly, I don't mind that he does. Opinions differ from person to person though.

If you don't like it then you click on the thumbs down button, or leave a comment on the video saying you didn't like it. So really there's little need for this thread.

Linus is my fetish.

Hey, if Linus Tech needs more money ....

Linus & Slick pron!

I'd pay to watch that.

I don't do signatures.

Or, it is exactly like i explained it before in this thread. They gauge public interest based on likes. If people do not like something, they will not do it. It is to keep you happy. If you like something, and show extreme interest towards something, that video will happen. So yes, the "like this video or we won't release it" is probably a true statement because of how obvious it is. 

You also used the word "may", which means he is not currently begging for likes. I am glad we both game to that subtle agreement. 

If he says "Like this video if you liked it, dislike it if you dislike it" i have no problem, that is what you explained. if hes begging for likes like he did in the last few videos, it annoys me. He is not asking us to rate the video based on if we like it or not, but like it to see "luke benchmark a 10k$ rig". 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Actually this is very interesting,  I found it odd for LMG to ask me to like a specific video to see a different subject. Is this a manipulation of contracts?

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Seriously, he's been doing this every video. Is anybody else very annoyed?

I feel if he were to ask for like time to time, people would actually register what he was saying instead of not registering that he would like you to press the like button, instead of just shaking it off as an intro.

He may say the "leave a like if you wanna see..." as a reminder to us vessel users to GO CHECK IT OUT.

Its the way I see it, and it works.

I go check vessel when he says these things.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

His viewers, their critics.

The question was if i was annoyed personally

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Plz like my post

*dies*

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I read this stuff under every one of his videos. I don't get what the problem is. People act like he's going down on his knees begging for the whole video. As someone already stated, he can do what he wants. He also says if you didn't like it you should dislike. So "begging" is not only like-fishing but a more (obviously very little) interactive experience. It could also be used for statistics. So basically he takes 10 seconds out of every video that in some form will benefit his company and it's also at the end of the videos so you can just skip it if you want. This is in no way a problem at all.

Plz like my post

OMG REPORTED!!!! I hope you get banned.

Linus is my fetish.

Not really,

Just like their sponsors at the beginning of every video. I just kinda sit back and pretend to listen for a few seconds :):);)

Thanks!

Chris R.

If he says "Like this video if you liked it, dislike it if you dislike it" i have no problem, that is what you explained. if hes begging for likes like he did in the last few videos, it annoys me. He is not asking us to rate the video based on if we like it or not, but like it to see "luke benchmark a 10k$ rig". 

I am really starting to get tired of repeating myself. 

If you don't want to see luke benchmark a $10,000 PC, then do not like? lol. That too does not qualify as begging. It is basically translating to "show us you are interested by liking the video". If you are not interested, do not like it. I do not watch or like the videos they make that do not pertain to my interests, and i am sure their feelings are not hurt over it either. We are not forced to like their videos, even when they remind us to do so.

Please enlighten us on how saying "Like the video if you liked it, dislike it if you dislike it" equates to begging. 

Him reminding people to like and subscribe to see future content should be self explanatory. If people do not like the content, then he has no point in releasing it. If people are not subscribed, it means they do not care for seeing it. The concept should not be so foreign to you if you understand the implications behind it.

At the end of the day, it is still your choice. If you do not like it, do not watch it, or comply.

Pretty sure i explained it quite perfectly. If he asks you to like something to show that you will be interested in seeing something, then like it. If you are not interested in seeing something, then do not like it. It is not begging, it is using the like/dislike feature as a way of gauging reactions from an audience. 

Do they actually take the likes/dislikes of those specific videos into consideration before releasing the video they tease in them? No idea. They might be able to chime in on that, but i do not really care either way. If the video is a subject i care about, i will watch it. If it does not pertain to my interests, i will ignore it. If the video satisfies me, i will like it. If it does not, i will dislike it. This should be a really simple concept by now. Why it is still questioned is beyond me.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

You don't like it don't watch the videos. That simple. 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

You don't like it don't watch the videos. That simple. 

It's not that simple - some people enjoy the content but hate that portion of it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Sucks to be them, it's the nature of the best when it comes to Youtube

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys.