Medieval Games Legitimize White Supremacy

Real_PhillBert

As  a Leeds Beckett Student (Bitter Rivals of the University of Leeds) I would usually laugh whole heartedly at the storm which could come from the article's author.

But without reading the entire journal, I feel we aren't getting the full picture here, also the writer of the article hasn't actually quoted anything in context, only the titles of said sub-sections of the article.

I won't judge until I read more.

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

i once went to the arctic circle on google maps, YAY im a polar explorer! (WHY do peapole always try to pin the games industry in a corner? (gta? it causes kids to turn into vicious killers and cod ohnonononono if your kid plays this game he wil become a terorist....) if someone goes completely apeshit and start killing peapol bechause they played a game theres usualy drugs involved or there has been situations in the past of said person that tossed their mind down a shit hole of crazy. /rant

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I am a Witcher.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Once again, we find ourselves in a time where history begins to repeat itself.

The more this stuff comes out the more I loose faith in humanity. I really don't see how we can avoid self destruction as it becomes easier and easier to self destruct.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

I really dont understand how anyone takes these articles seriously.

See

Great job sharing a garbage piece of "journalism", now they got even more attention and ad revenue - which is the whole business model of their business

LTT isn't some rinky dink little tech blog, It has a high rate of traffic from tech enthusiasts. Clickbait trash like the type of pieces you'd expect from Gawker media don't belong here, let alone the news section. If you must share shoddy journalism that thrives on cheap clicks for cash, starve them with http://archive.is - someone out there is getting paid for tabloid journalism and i'd rather some of those dollars didn't come from a tech community I care about.

“The Middle Ages is a space where white supremacy is legitimized,”

PhD candidate? ...my cat could have worded that opening sentence better. He's too busy watching 'The Lion King' though, as sub-consciously he's a raving feline-supremacist.

Oh great, yet more SJW/Cultural Marxist propaganda BS. So much projection, when calling others racist. Giving her, her PHD, is a mockery of all universities in the world.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Right. Because understanding what the people are saying that oppose you is over rated right?

once they do some effort and try the to view things from both sides then you try to understand them, some one who didnt even bother to try games or get in gaming community have no right to go publicly criticizing them.

As a university of Leeds alumni, I dearly hope that all these is taken out of context. This is embarrassing.

As a Leeds Beckett Student (Bitter Rivals of the University of Leeds) I would usually laugh whole heartedly at the storm which could come from the article's author.

But without reading the entire journal, I feel we aren't getting the full picture here, also the writer of the article hasn't actually quoted anything in context, only the titles of said sub-sections of the article.

I won't judge until I read more.

I was wondering why I haven't heard of Leeds Beckett University before. Didn't know you guys changed name.
Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

As a university of Leeds alumni, I dearly hope that all these is taken out of context. This is embarrassing.

I was wondering why I haven't heard of Leeds Beckett University before. Didn't know you guys changed name.

Yeah, changed after my first year, So I still get Metropolitan on my Degree. They changed it because apparently potential students abroad were were getting confused and thought all the Universities with Metropolitan in the name were somehow affiliated with one another, like a chain university.

Also London Metropolitan Bought us out of it so they could use the abbreviation "LMU" as we had the rights for it. I heard it was somewhere in the region of £250million.

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

........Nevermind the ability to play as China, The Huns, Egypt (on certain games), The Ottoman Empire, etc.

Nope, white supremacy.

Seriously, someone needs to take these peoples PHD's away, because they're talking bullshit. Political Correctness is going to be the downfall of our society.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Also considering 90% of those game are White on White violence, I don't see the supremacy at all.

If I was making a game about Nazi Germany, I wouldn't censor the horrible persecution of minorities. By the same measure, if I make a Medieval European game, the characters are white and the women are subjugated.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Also considering 90% of those game are White on White violence, I don't see the supremacy at all.

If I was making a game about Nazi Germany, I wouldn't censor the horrible persecution of minorities. By the same measure, if I make a Medieval European game, the characters are white and the women are subjugated.

Politically correct historical revisionist response: "you're a white supremacist for consuming that content"

Triple-Facepalm.jpg

I have no words for this... 

200x200px-ZC-2fdf5e0f_nathan-fillion-wel

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

This one time.. I played Pokemon

I'm a god amongst the animals!

So if I have a dream (fantasy)

Does that mean, because I'm white, I hate all races?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

“The Middle Ages is a space where white supremacy is legitimized,”

PhD candidate? ...my cat could have worded that opening sentence better. He's too busy watching 'The Lion King' though, as sub-consciously he's a raving feline-supremacist.

yep. To be grammatically correct: "The Medieval Period is a space IN WHICH white supremacy is legitimized."

"Middle Ages IS" sounds bad but is technically correct, so it is better to just use different terminology.

The "space" in this sentence refers to a figurative one, not a physical one, so "where" shouldn't be used. It sounds like children wrote this.

filthy PhD casual get on my life sciences undergrad level u scrub

Git Gud.

Politically correct historical revisionist response: "you're a white supremacist for consuming that content"

That's something I always like about Britain. In History, we covered Britain's role in the slave trade in full detail. We covered the war atrocities we committed as well as the Germans.

In Japan, you can legally deny that Japan participated in WW2 or killed any Americans at all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Under the same principle games about ancient china, samurai things they are also Asian supremacy for not putting historical errors in there game.

The Dick of the audio page!

That's something I always like about Britain. In History, we covered Britain's role in the slave trade in full detail. We covered the war atrocities we committed as well as the Germans.

In Japan, you can legally deny that Japan participated in WW2 or killed any Americans at all.

That's just insane. I find it funny that in the US, when I was in the school, we focused primarily on how horrible America was for being in the slave trade, completely neglecting the fact that the overwhelming majority (around 90%) of all slaves taken from Africa, were sold somewhere OTHER THAN the US. Yet we seem to be the only nation that hasn't gotten over it.

NMW724u.gif

Universities these days seem to be pure hotbeds for idiots like this "professor" or people who decide to take a degree in social studies only then to complain about mundane things that could be solved if that person complaining just picked a different degree in the first place.

It's gonna be a rough few years ahead if this is where we as a species are heading...

I swear Liberals are brainless. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I swear Liberals are brainless. 

Cultural Marxists/SJW's have nothing to do with liberalism. They are authoritarian extreme lefts, not liberal lefts.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

lol, well at least i know warhammer isnt about white supremacy

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85