TotalBiscuit's Framerate Police

Majestic

I googled and it seems no post has been made about this just yet.

So this popped up in my youtube links and I think it's a great idea by Totalbiscuit. Since the tag 30fps is banned it's a handy way of telling whether the game is locked if it gets enough subs.

He doesn't make any revenue off of it (for people who think this is shameless advertisement/endorsement), so all PC gamers who give a damn about 60fps should follow it :)

EDIT;

Just to clarify;

It's not meant to condemn games, it's just a way to add the proper caveats to people who get put off by this. This is list is not a list of bad games, just locked-at-30fps-games. I mean the list contains Dark Souls, that game is my favorite game of all time. But I do recognize the 30fps is annoying.

EDIT; i lied, Metroid Prime is my favorite game of all time.

I wonder if Steam let´s this slide for long. They didn´t ban tags like 30fps for nothing. 

That's so genius!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

As much as someone may think it is extreme. It is very much needed! :D

I wonder if Steam let´s this slide for long. They didn´t ban tags like 30fps for nothing. 

If they do ban it they're in for a shitshow. They're basically censoring him and whether it's wrong or right to you or me, the internet will make a big deal out of it.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

TB is literally the best games journalist.

No one is better.

No we just need an FoV Police.

My life will be complete.

Obligatory TB

O3vxFOi.gif

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Well apparently they banned the 30fps tag because it's not meant to be used as game critique. But if the games industry has learned anything by now, it's not to piss off TB.

I do not understand it

Is framerates that important to PC gamers that they would not even touch a game, that might have great story, or fun game characteristics, because it is locked at 30 fps? 

I do not understand it

Is framerates that important to PC gamers that they would not even touch a game, that might have great story, or fun game characteristics, because it is locked at 30 fps? 

Yes because there's a huge difference between 60fps and 30fps.

I do not understand it

Yeah it is off putting, going from 60FPS to 30FPS on something like the witcher 3 was jarring for me. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I do not understand it

I played Dark Souls at 30fps, but it definitely limited my playtime to a few hours a day because the blurry vision made me sick. Added, the weighty combat of Dark Souls made it somewhat tolerable, but in faster games the input delay and blurry vision just makes the game unbearable when you're used to 60. You just instantly notice it.

Followed it

Amazing 

I do not understand it

some people like me, are use to playing games at such high FPS, like 200-300 then we go to a 30 FPS game and its extremely hard to play because our eyes are adjusted for such high frame rates, and with the lock on we can't change that, our eyes just have to adjust to it which can take some time

I mean, I do like 60 FPS myself too, and it is more pleasing for my eyes, but then again if there is a good game that I can only enjoy 30 FPS locked(like The crew, I limit it myself, the command and conquer for example) then it does not take away from the experience for me

@Bloodyvalley

@werto165

@Majestic

I mean, I do like 60 FPS myself too, and it is more pleasing for my eyes, but then again if there is a good game that I can only enjoy 30 FPS locked(like The crew, I limit it myself, the command and conquer for example) then it does not take away from the experience for me

@Bloodyvalley

@werto165

@Majestic

It's not meant to condemn games, it's just a way to add the proper caveats to people who get put off by this. This is list is not a list of bad games, just locked-at-30fps-games. I mean the list contains Dark Souls, that game is my favorite game of all time. But I do recognize the 30fps is annoying.

EDIT; i lied, Metroid Prime is my favorite game of all time.

@Bloodyvalley

@werto165

@Majestic

a few games im ok with it. Also you can get c&c to 60 fps and 1080p, with gentool, i think thats the name, severs are still up.

I don't agree with everything TB does or all his opinions, but this is a fantastic move by him.

This will be the first curator I follow.

Well apparently they banned the 30fps tag because it's not meant to be used as game critique. But if the games industry has learned anything by now, it's not to piss off TB.

Pretty much this

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm all for 60fps+ as much as the next guy but this "30fps is completely unplayable" rhetoric is getting out of hand.  No, it's not ideal but, so long as the framerate is stable at 30fps, it's completely playable.  It should be embarrasing for any PC gamer when a "PC Gaming Master Racer" throws a tantrum and blows such a banal issue out of proportion.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

I do not understand it

I won't touch a game that's locked at 30. For two reasons. Firstly my sodding 580s were capable of 4k 30fps, I didn't just spend £550 replacing them for nothing. So there's that principle. Secondly 30 fps is physically uncomfortable to watch, and I don't see why I should pay to suffer through an experience. If I'm spending money on something, I should expect to enjoy it.

I'm all for 60fps+ as much as the next guy but this "30fps is completely unplayable" rhetoric is getting out of hand.  No, it's not ideal but, so long as the framerate is stable at 30fps, it's completely playable.  It should be embarrasing for any PC gamer when a "PC Gaming Master Racer" throws a tantrum and blows such a banal issue out of proportion.

How playable it is is dependent on the individual, its a damn stuttery mess for me. Hell just going to a native 40-45 removes any jittery stutters. Also 60fps was the standard 3 decades ago. Only when we jumped to 3d games did that really change, and for obvious and understandable reasons. But that was about 20 years ago the fact that we're still falling into that problem still 20 years later is quite abysmal if you think about it.