Keep On Digging? What does it mean?

I'm sure all of you have seen Linus's line of Keep On Digging shirts that were available for a limited amount of time (As he wheres them in A LOT of his videos) but I'm not sure what the meaning behind this is and what it has to do with computers.

The only thing I know is I saw a gif of Linus doing a digging motion on what looked to be the WAN show.

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

I'm sure all of you have seen Linus's line of Keep On Digging shirts that were available for a limited amount of time (As he wheres them in A LOT of his videos) but I'm not sure what the meaning behind this is and what it has to do with computers.

The only thing I know is I saw a gif of Linus doing a digging motion on what looked to be the WAN show.

Ubisoft/EA/Whoever keeps digging a hole with their actions.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

UBI**** and Nvidia were doing this in recent times.  It means companies making one mistake after another digging themselves into trouble with consumers but the funny thing is consumers are too dumb to really give it to them by not opening their wallets and so they think about coming back and doing stupid stuff in the future.

Some company keeps doing stupid and stupider shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Ubisoft screwing up and saying rediculous things like "30 FPS is more cinematic"

The Keep on Digging meme came to be when game manufactures, most notably Ubisoft, but not limited to them, including others such as EA, were basically cutting features or stupid things such as not making the game available for PC until there was demand. Basically, nerfing the PC equivalent of the game.

The meme means, they are digging their grave and are not doing anything to get out any time soon.

I wanted to support LTT and agreed with this saying, so I bought one of the limited runs of the hoodie. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

It's an expression, when you 'dig yourself a hole' it means you do something stupid and then you make it worse by doing more stupid stuff so when you 'keep on digging' it means you're making the hole deeper and harder to climb out of

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Keep on digging, as in keep on digging a grave for yourself with dumb decisions (typically used towards Ubisoft, because they just kept on digging a bigger grave for themselves..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

-snip-

You're on fire today with those gifs.

Keep on digging, as in keep on digging a grave for yourself with dumb decisions (typically used towards Ubisoft, because they just kept on digging a bigger grave for themselves..

This^

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

'keep digging' refers to when someone has just said something embarrasing or awkward and they are trying to get themselves out the situation by backpeddaling but they are just making the situation worse.

Frank: Hey when's the baby due? 

Mary: I'm not pregnant. 
Frank: Of course you're not...errr...you look really good 
Mary: You're digging a hole 
Frank: Uh-huh oh by the way did I forget to mention your hair looks nice 
Mary: yeah? keep digging! 
Frank: Ok I'll see you round...I mean around.

Q3OjVSu.gif

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

When tech companies just keep making dumb fucking decisions - The most memorable time being Ubisoft - "30 FPS looks cinematic"

From that day, the "keep on digging" just kinda grew and now its on a t-shirt with a shovel.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

The most annoying three words in history. Please don't start saying it.

The most annoying three words in history. Please don't start saying it.

just keep on clicking

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

UBI**** and Nvidia were doing this in recent times. It means companies making one mistake after another digging themselves into trouble with consumers but the funny thing is consumers are too dumb to really give it to them by not opening their wallets and so they think about coming back and doing stupid stuff in the future.

Nvidia hasn't done jack shit.

Also, sup DeViLzzz

Nvidia hasn't done jack shit.

Also, sup DeViLzzz

Yeah I don't see Nvidia doing this, but I definitely understand EA and Ubisoft digging wayy deep lol. I also see AMD starting to join in too haha

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10