AMD Fury X Far Cry 4 game performance from AMD

ahhming

If I remember correctly, they said during the presentation that there will be water and air cooled variants of both the Fury and Fury X. Given the price difference between Fury and Fury X, it wouldn't make sense for both to be the exact same GPU (same performance). Either Fury is a cut-down Fiji, or I misunderstood and the Fury is the air cooled version while Fury X is the water cooled version.

Will have to wait for further clarification on that. 

You got it right in the end: Fury X is the water cooled version, and function like a Titan, as in no AIB custom version. That is what the standard Fury is for, which the AIB's can make water cooled, or use their own custom air cooler for. Can't wait to see what AIB's will do. Will they use a triple fan cooler and make a huge card, or try and make it small?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I was thinking more in terms of Dead Rising 4 and the AC: Unity, WatchDogs

from my own experience with Mordor, it appears to be a good enough PC port

Lets all just pretend those were great games and just not f*ck awful ports.

topkek

#1 troll

good job m8, 8/8

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

exactly

and my point was also this: because of the 4GB limitation, AMD made a mistake using HBM1

they should've kept using GDDR5 in a 8+GB configuration with a good price point, since they advertise the Fury for VR - that 4GB limit will start to be a real problem very soon

they should've waited for HBM2 or a new way to implement HBM1 that didn't limited them to only 4GB

why I say that: it very much appears that nVidia's Pascal with HBM2 is 1st headed to HPC market and not at desktop graphics market; it may be very late 2016, or ealy 2017, when we'll catch a glimpse of Pascal for PCs

The reason they switched to HBM1 was for power consumption. If they had gone with GDDR5, you would be saying that they shouldn't have released it either because its much slower than the 980 Ti, or because it has a 350W TDP. If they had waited, even if they had given reasons for why, you would have talked about them going too long without a new card. There was nothing they could do to win with people like you. Let's just wait for benchmarks.

SNIP

Anybody Can Use HBM,NVIDIA Said That They Were Goign To Use HBM2 In A Card(I Remeber Reading Something About It)And If The Numbers On The Fury X Is Correct,What About  2 Fury X2's In Crossfire?

You got it right in the end: Fury X is the water cooled version, and function like a Titan, as in no AIB custom version. That is what the standard Fury is for, which the AIB's can make water cooled, or use their own custom air cooler for. Can't wait to see what AIB's will do. Will they use a triple fan cooler and make a huge card, or try and make it small?

That makes sense. It wasn't clear to me during the presentation, just how they were outlined, but thanks for the clarification. :)

Yeah, I'm eager to see the 3rd party cooler designs. For those that build cards for both AMD and Nvidia (like Asus, MSI, Gigabyte etc.) we'll probably see very similar coolers/designs as the 980Ti's. Most likely Asus will use their new DCUIII triple-fan cooler which looks freakin awesome! :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Rebrand this, rebrand that. Wait for proper reviews.. But before they come out bash the card anyways. Oh, you're trying to advance technologies in the gpu field, great. Your card only has 4gb of vram? Let's call it "useless" This thread is fucking CANCER.

This thread is fucking CANCER.

You mean all the AMD threads in the internet from the past couple of weeks? 

54 average fps at 4k ultra settings? That's brilliant. 4K will really be viable for a lot of people with one of these cards. Can't wait for reviews.

Imagine what the dual fiji card can do.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

You mean all the AMD threads in the internet from the past couple of weeks? 

It stretches further back.. Much further back my friend. Doesn't matter if you do good or bad nowadays. It's just senseless bashing until EVERYONE else gets what THEY want. What a world we live in run by "civilized" mobs not chanting ooga-chaka but instead whatever they mindlessly believe in for whatever reason.

Rebrand this, rebrand that. Wait for proper reviews.. But before they come out bash the card anyways. Oh, you're trying to advance technologies in the gpu field, great. Your card only has 4gb of vram? Let's call it "useless" This thread is fucking CANCER.

I just don't know how mods allow pages and pages of this non sense.

if this is true then.... WOW !!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

two problems with that:

1. very few games currently have true UHD+ textures
  2. what happens when VR gets mad crazy with Starbreeze Studios' new VR headset features 5120x1440 resolution

AMD is marketing Fury X as a VR solution 

1) games are the way they are, and expecting games to suddenly double their texture resolution is nonsense. Even wolfenstein TNO, which uses the megatexture system (which is being retired with id tech 6 because of how the industry has been going) still uses under 4gb at 4k.

2) 5120x1440 is a lower resolution than 3840x2160. Try using a calculator.

Bare in mind that people interested in ultra high end gpus like this one and vr gaming are extremely likely to upgrade in the next 2 to 3 years anyway. They don't need to plan for ultra settings 5 years ahead.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

in the conference at e3 earlier today they called 4k 4096 by 2160

It is 4096 x 2160 and it is also 3840 x 2160

haven't gone through whole thread, but honestly who cares about few watts power consumption? everyone buys a high end power supply anyway, and we always grossly overestimate systems. so so what.

did nvidia like quadruple rebrand their low end cards? so its funny and fine when they do, but when amd does it they are horrible? k.

anyone else notice the 400 amp power delivery? surely they mean 400 watts?

Kinda suprised by performance actually, hopefully it actually delivers 

in the conference at e3 earlier today they called 4k 4096 by 2160

That's because it is. 3840x2160 is UHD. 4K is a cinema standard and is 4096x2160.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

1) games are the way they are, and expecting games to suddenly double their texture resolution is nonsense. Even wolfenstein TNO, which uses the megatexture system (which is being retired with id tech 6 because of how the industry has been going) still uses under 4gb at 4k.

2) 5120x1440 is a lower resolution than 3840x2160. Try using a calculator.

Bare in mind that people interested in ultra high end gpus like this one and vr gaming are extremely likely to upgrade in the next 2 to 3 years anyway. They don't need to plan for ultra settings 5 years ahead.

You're wasting your time with him.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'm sure the the numbers are true, but I doubt they picked the hardest level to render, but still 43 fps minimum would be totally playable.

haven't gone through whole thread, but honestly who cares about few watts power consumption? everyone buys a high end power supply anyway, and we always grossly overestimate systems. so so what.

did nvidia like quadruple rebrand their low end cards? so its funny and fine when they do, but when amd does it they are horrible? k.

anyone else notice the 400 amp power delivery? surely they mean 400 watts?

Kinda suprised by performance actually, hopefully it actually delivers

They meant 400 amps, but if the core runs at ~1V, they would be the the same thing anyway.

And in a few moments the new GM300 will come out of nowhere. I bet my PC.

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

That's because it is. 3840x2160 is FHD. 4K is a cinema standard and is 4096x2160.

FHD is 1080p, UHD is 4K(3840x2160)

It is 4096 x 2160 and it is also 3840 x 2160

Technically 4096x2160 is 4k (17:9) and 3840x2160 UHD (16:9) but mostly everyone uses 4k for both.

* probably just means that features specifically to NVIDIA cards isn't turned on cause it wouldn't work anyhow.

While we're at it, let's put a * in the front of every GTX 970. Never forget ramgate. Lol

P.s don't bash, I owned 2x970 ftws and I returned both of em ffs

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I hope this release will make this year a bit more interesting again for both sides. Shame to see these GPU threads always turn into flame wars with everyone making claims.

I'm pretty sure Nvidia released all they had to offer in an attempt to get as much market share as they could, next thing is going to be Pascal, which is next year. I'll take your PC. :D

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I could use a PC for my living room! Bring it on!

I'm pretty sure Nvidia released all they had to offer in an attempt to get as much market share as they could, next thing is going to be Pascal, which is next year. I'll take your PC. :D

Ya I don't think they are ready with Pascal...

I also do think big Maxwell (980ti and Titan X) will still be good enough to compete with a few pricing adjustments... if necessary they can release higher clocked stock models since they have enough headroom. At most they will be slightly behind technically but the Geforce brand name carries some weight in the market.

Found my next GPU I think. Still wish they would of did a 4GB HBM + 4GB GDDR5 thing though for a total of 8.. but hopefully this wont matter too much!

Cant wait to get one when they get cheaper lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1