Improve sound quality with this liquid (Sound Clear Nano)

ahhming

Corrosion.. yea.. but the claims it makes better audio is bs..

No it isn't, but you really do have to have a well-trained ear to hear the difference (tends to be a matter of resonance and fullness of the sound based on a few recordings). I can tell because I've been a vocalist most of my life and am used to very high quality headphones these days. If I know the sound chip being used and the pair of headphones used I could tell you if the plug is nickel, copper, or gold assuming no heavy usage (100s or 1000s of insertions) or damage has been done.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Wow this might be the closest thing to actual snake oil I have ever seen. What's sad is that they will probably sell a bunch of them too.

There is no way this will work. If coat hangers sound as good as really expensive monster cables then I doubt this will make any difference whatsoever.

He's 61 years old. He probably couldn't hear the difference between a bird and his own daughter. Especially considering we lose our hearing with age, from the top spectrum (high pitch) and down, aka presbycusis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presbycusis

There is a reason why high end headphones use 6,35mm jacks, and not the more common 3,5mm jacks. When dealing in analogue sound, "bandwidth", as in physical surface is very important (as is insulation). That's why high end analogue cables are very thick, and often flat, to get a large surface area, then covered with a lot of insulation.

I don't know if this is snake oil or not, but like I mentioned earlier, this works on the same principle as thermal paste; but with electricity instead of heat.

Of course this product only makes sense in proper high end systems, where it actually makes a difference.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

No it isn't, but you really do have to have a well-trained ear to hear the difference (tends to be a matter of resonance and fullness of the sound based on a few recordings). I can tell because I've been a vocalist most of my life and am used to very high quality headphones these days. If I know the sound chip being used and the pair of headphones used I could tell you if the plug is nickel, copper, or gold assuming no heavy usage (100s or 1000s of insertions) or damage has been done.

you're telling me if i switch a jack with a gold plated one you can hear the difference? 

I can tell the difference by the color mate. not much else. hey, my mouse is gold plated connector. can you feel the smoothness of the mouse on screen?

@Lays cause lol

you're telling me if i switch a jack with a gold plated one you can hear the difference? 

I can tell the difference by the color mate. not much else. hey, my mouse is gold plated connector. can you feel the smoothness of the mouse on screen?

@Lays cause lol

Your mouse sends paired signals to ensure the data gets through. Gold connectors for a mouse based on signal protection are pointless (though anti-corrosion is a semi-legitimate concern if you plug and unplug your mouse often). And yes, I can hear the difference if given my choice of high quality performance recordings. 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Is this for real?, lol.

First there was rocks around your audio cables, now some lube?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I can't wait to use this with my special Ethernet sound cables!

I thought this would be another audioquest product, but no. Yet another snake oil company.

Your mouse sends paired signals to ensure the data gets through. Gold connectors for a mouse based on signal protection are pointless (though anti-corrosion is a semi-legitimate concern if you plug and unplug your mouse often). And yes, I can hear the difference if given my choice of high quality performance recordings. 

so lets say i cut the end off my audio technica m50s. then soldered a new gold connector on it. your saying it would sound different?(on some level)

so lets say i cut the end off my audio technica m50s. then soldered a new gold connector on it. your saying it would sound different?(on some level)

That's slightly complicated depending on your original metal/sound and how the soldering was done. I have never used AudioTechnica long-term due to the poorer sound stage relative to Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic.But most likely, if the original connection was copper, I'd be able to tell a difference assuming there isn't an additional signal cleanup chip in the headphones. If it was nickel, depending on the soldering, it could be obviously worse or be about the same, but it certainly wouldn't get to be much smoother unless you found a way to melt the gold directly to the base of the old connector and have it cool slowly and evenly.

If I know the sound chip being used and the pair of headphones used I could tell you if the plug is nickel, copper, or gold assuming no heavy usage (100s or 1000s of insertions) or damage has been done.

I'm having a hard time trying not to laugh at your claims.

No offense though but I'm sure in an ABX test you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the metal the connector has.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

My home made acoustic fluid is still better than this...j/k

Sounds like bull... If it's just to ward off corrosion, I'll take gold-plated contacts...

No offense though but I'm sure in an ABX test you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the metal the connector has.

ABX tests are useless. Our senses are much more refined than our memory. A+B tests at the same time is the way to go. One for each ear.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

What? There is no way this actually helps anything....

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This is totally bs.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Yep.. he's full of it..

http://www.cnet.com/news/are-gold-plated-connectors-worth-it-morrisons-mailbag/

You'd be better off with copper than gold.. if you could actually hear the difference.. Total BS, only reason for gold is corrosion.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

He's 61 years old. He probably couldn't hear the difference between a bird and his own daughter. Especially considering we lose our hearing with age, from the top spectrum (high pitch) and down, aka presbycusis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presbycusis

There is a reason why high end headphones use 6,35mm jacks, and not the more common 3,5mm jacks. When dealing in analogue sound, "bandwidth", as in physical surface is very important (as is insulation). That's why high end analogue cables are very thick, and often flat, to get a large surface area, then covered with a lot of insulation.

I don't know if this is snake oil or not, but like I mentioned earlier, this works on the same principle as thermal paste; but with electricity instead of heat.

Of course this product only makes sense in proper high end systems, where it actually makes a difference.

It was 5 people taking part in the blind test, and out of a total of 35 tests the results were about 50/50, which is what you would expect from just guessing alone.

This is 100% snake oil. It won't make a difference whatsoever. It's like the Ethernet cable that supposedly makes music sound better.

Have you ever looked at your audio connector? The left audio channel and right audio channel got a different amounts of surface area, but I have never seen anyone claim that the right channel has better sound quality because of it.

If small cracks and scratches were a big enough issue to actually cause sound degradation then we would have reports all over the place of people's left or right cups sounding better/worse than the other one.

Yes it works by the same principle as thermal paste, except thermal paste is needed and gives a noticeable and measurable difference. I am 99.9% sure this oil will not. It's like Machina Dynamic's Brilliant Pebbles. Useless but some audiophile will buy it and claim it's the best thing ever.

@Lays cause lol

Bahaha omg rofl, god these audiophiles crack me up.

Corrosion.. yea.. but the claims it makes better audio is bs..

It's not complete bs. With digital audio it makes no difference, but for analog headphones it could improve sound quality. Though the difference is probably unnoticeable for non audiophiles.
Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Though the difference is probably unnoticeable for non audiophiles.

*everybody

Do the ingredients include snake oil?

Gipsy virgin girl tears will be included too for extra cost.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

*everybody

Well you're adding stuff to. The connector. It's either going to make it sound worse or better. Rather than improving audio quality, I'd expect it to reduce some noise.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit