What do you use for your extra optical bays?

Luxpin_

I have 2 free ones and I intend on filling them up.

Most of my posts are very controversial, please try not to get butthurt.

Fan controller or SD card reader?

Optical drives can be handy to have some times, though.

usually cases come with those plastic thingies in the bays, so they're filled up :P

/s

optical drive, if you're that one guy that benefits from it, a second optical drive.

fan controller, led controller, hotswap hard drive bay, etc.

Twinky dispensers

/jk

I don't use anything in them (except for the covers I guess..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you have an Asus ROG board you can get the 'front base' which can be used to tweek and monitor your system, that takes up 2 on it's own. That drawer looks Dredgy linked looks pretty handy, if I had any full sized optical bays I'd get one. Depends if you want pretty flashing lights or not.

I use them to heat slices of pizza

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Fill them with small children.

/s

5.25in drawers are cool, fan controllers and SD card readers are some good options.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I have two optical drives. barely use them but they're matcing and I got two for the price of one :) I have an Air 540 btw.

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

A whole bunch of nothing...

I use the spaces for my 3.5" HDDs... I'll be adding two more sometime soon...

touchscreen fancontroller. EYECANDY!! (nzxt sentry 3) 

or since you have two bays, a sentry lx (LINK: https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/78-sentry-lx-fan-control.html )

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Fill them with small children.

/s

5.25in drawers are cool, fan controllers and SD card readers are some good options.

Tempted to get a drawer now...

Tempted to get a drawer now...

As soon as I saw them I was tempted...

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I have 4 optical bays; the top one is home to a Lamptron FC5V2 fan controller and the bottom 3 house an Ultra Kaze fan. Since you only have two, a fan controller and a USB3/Card reader wouldnt be a bad option.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I have 2 free ones and I intend on filling them up.

You can make Cakes!!!

post-216771-0-69023500-1434293345.jpg

No joke, it's real!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/ezbake.shtml

EDIT: Actually it is an april fool. But a good one ;)

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Blu-ray drive and card reader.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

usually cases come with those plastic thingies in the bays, so they're filled up :P

/s

optical drive, if you're that one guy that benefits from it, a second optical drive.

fan controller, led controller, hotswap hard drive bay, etc.

and if you're not satisfied with 2 optical drives, they make external usb drives

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner

Blu-ray reader, that's it...

edit: well i have an antec 1200 so it ONLY has optical bays in the front. 

So actually, it's used for 3 cages with hdd mounts in it and a fan + controller.

And 1 for optical drive, last two is empty...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I used one of mine for the LED lighting controller I made:

https://youtu.be/_yZn-emqAiQ?t=4m4s

Awful video but it kind of shows what I'm on about.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS