What is the main gaming distribution platform you use the most?

evilarceus

I know this is an obvious question, but I just want to know how many other people use different services other than Steam on this forum.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Wii Shop Channel

This survey.. no GoG, no Gamersgate, no HumbleBundle?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

app store!!!11!!!!111!!!!!11!1

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Wii Shop Channel

I thought that went down?

Google Play...

Forgot to put mobile xD

Didn't think of those...

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I thought that went down?

Yeah, I was joking.

Yeah, I was joking.

So tired -_- didn't know that was a joke lol

Blue Jay

Other Stuff

GitHub

Uh there is an other category in the poll so those would fit there.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Steam and uPlay sadly. Steam has variety, but uPlay has really good games that I actually want to play. I wish the dual DRM would go away. I don't necessarily think uPlay is horrible... but I don't understand the point of it.

Steam for me. It has the most games I enjoy on it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I wouldn't use anything other than Steam if crap like Uplay and Origin didn't force you to use them whenever you want to play their games. I'm not saying that Steam is somehow "superior", just that it has 98% of what I want. Having to install programs I will literally never use just so I can play the other 2% is infuriating.

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?”

Steam.

And a bit of Origin... Not UPlay.

And I don't like digital games for consoles, so no PS Store or eShop for me.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I know this is an obvious question, but I just want to know how many other people use different services other than Steam on this forum.

I do also use Origin and GOG. But the way you have worded the question you are asking people about main platform and most used. So I had to vote steam. You are going to get poll results which overstates steam's market share.

I've been using Steam mostly, but lately I've been shifting more and more to GOG Galaxy.

Steam & PSN I guess..

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Make this multiselection. I use Steam, Origin, GoG, Gamersgate and occasionally HumbleBundle.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Make this multiselection. I use Steam, Origin, GoG, Gamersgate and occasionally HumbleBundle.

The MAIN gaming distribution platform YOU USE THE MOST

Blue Jay

Other Stuff

GitHub

uhm....I'm pretty sure

Humblebundle

gamersgate

and similar site (which doesn't required to launch the game)

is not gaming platform, they just a store.

The MAIN gaming distribution platform YOU USE THE MOST

Can't really answer that. I use all of them pretty equally. Thats why I liked multichoise more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I mostly use Steam, I have a few games on Origin though.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Games for Windows. HAH. NOPE.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White