AMD Radeon R9 Fury X confirmed (kind of)

In the recent days there has been a some benchmarks and photos leaked of the new AMD flagship, the R9 Fury X. Hardware Battle has posted slides from what's supposedly a AMD presentation. Hardware Battle is quite accurate when it comes to GPU leaks, but take it with a grain of salt.

5LPvzpo.png

Here's the description of the card, supposedly taken from the official presentation: 

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X

AMD’s most advanced and innovative GPU to date, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X graphics delivers the highest GPU memory  and width ever for unparalleled 4K and VR gaming. Push your settings to the max with your ideal screen resolution and config (6K gameplay using AMD Eyefinity technology – no problem!),

and get ready to redefine reality with amped support for AMD LiquidVR™. Exploit DirectX® 12 and Vulkan™ APIs and AMD CrossFire™ and FreeSync™ technologies.

Coveting quiet, mod-friendly and liquid-cooled technology? It’s all here – and with incredible new levels of design flexibility and scale.

MAKING BEAUTIFUL MEMORY.

AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X graphics is the world’s first graphics card to integrate on-chip High Bandwidth Memory (HBM) technology.

AMD’s lastest industry innovation delivers more than 3X the bandwidth per watt over GDDR5 and a 4096-bit memory interface for incredible new advances in power and efficiency.

ENJOY THE VIEW.

AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X graphics is engineered for 4K gaming, DirectX® 12 and Vulkan™ APIs, max settings, and ultimate monitor configuration flexibilicy.

Expand your field of view with AMD Eyefinity technology and experience the smoothest 6K gameplay using 3×1 1440p FreeSync™-enabled monitors.

SMALL SIZE. GIANT IMPACT.

The sleek, envy-inducing new form of AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X graphics packs an onboard GPU Tach activity meter and LED illumination, plus the raw graphics processing power for a true CPU paradigm shift.

REDEFINE REALITY.

AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X graphics is blazing the trail in virtual reality.

AMD LiquidVR™ ensures world-class VR experiences with low latency and a broad level of head mounted display compatibility.

QIIek6N.jpg

Here we see the "official" render of the Fiji silicon itself. 

S8Vvqtt.jpg

Here we see the I/O which is includes 3 Displayports and 1 HDMI. 

There is no exhaust for a fan because the card will use a external radiator and fan to take care of cooling

Source:

http://videocardz.com/56273/amd-radeon-fury-x-confirmed

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

My body is ready.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Just saw this posted on OC3D facebook page as well. Not that it's anything new, but nice to see the marketing direction they've taken. To all those people touting that 4GB vram isn't enough for 4K and it will be the death of this card: AMD appear to putting ALL the emphasis on 4K with the marketing direction, so having "only" 4GB of vram appears to be a non-issue.

EDIT: Clarity.

My body is ready.

content-4-32596-6a9w.jpg

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Inb4 slower than a 980Ti (lets hope not).

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

To all those people touting that 4GB vram isn't enough for 4K and it will be the death of this card: AMD appear to putting ALL the emphasis on 4K with the marketing direction, so having "only" 4GB of vram appears to be a non-issue.

I remember they said something about how their current GPUs and games by default are not efficient with VRAM. I.e.they store loads of unnecessary stuff in VRAM and that they are going to be able to manage this more efficiently with the Fiji driver.

I remember they said something about how their current GPUs and games by default are not efficient with VRAM. I.e.they store loads of unnecessary stuff in VRAM and that they are going to be able to manage this more efficiently with the Fiji driver.

As with anything that requires game developers to not be lazy, I wont hold my breath. I just hope AMD provides good drivers at game releases, much like they did with GTA5, and none of this "GameWorks held us back..." bullshit.

stannis1hdr66.jpg

Lighten up, just a joke.

Come on AMD, shock us all.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

If I can change the LED colour than I will be so damn happy. 

Getting sick of the rumours though, just release the damn GPU already >.<

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

0H2uuUg.png

Man that's a small card...

I hope they make ones with full sized coolers on top of that small pcb.

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Man that's a small card...

I hope they make ones with full sized coolers on top of that small pcb.

don't think they can, it will break the PCB - what was the TDP for this? 300W

don't think they can, it will break the PCB - what was the TDP for this? 300W

They better find a way, they aren't going to fit a 300w capable cooler in 3cm² ...

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Lighten up, just a joke.

Have you seen my Valyrian sword ? I can't find it anywhere ... Oh I forgot I stabbed you with it ... 

Let's wait and see the benchmarks before I get on the hype train on a product that I can't buy ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Since the memory is on the chip itself, it is way easier to design a PCB.

It is already known that there will be a 3 fan variant, which suggests that there are already bigger PCB designs.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Lighten up, just a joke.

Oh, I really hope you didn't just spoil the latest game of thrones episode for me.  :angry:

OT: Nothing new really. 

No exhaust at the back? hmm.... Interesting...

Full water block. No fan needed on the card. ;)

This is one thing people are overlooking when they claim the water cooled Fury will be too expensive at $850. It's right in line with the 980Ti waterblock only cards, but also includes a rad and pump.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Since the memory is on the chip itself, it is way easier to design a PCB.

It is already known that there will be a 3 fan variant, which suggests that there are already bigger PCB designs.

Don't need a bigger PCB just for air cooling. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Well if the base PCB is small maybe just maybe they can do a Triple GPU card if they extend the PCB out. I know that it would have an Insanely high TDP if it was a triple GPU, but imagine a single card with three GPUs and imangine adding two of those cards to your rig for in "Theory" six way Crossfire.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

Don't need a bigger PCB just for air cooling. 

Well yes and no. 

They can like, keep the PCB, extend the heatsink and put a solid backplate to hold it together, but it depends on the cost.

4 days left, so no need to start speculating and so on.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

Well yes and no. 

They can like, keep the PCB, extend the heatsink and put a solid backplate to hold it together, but it depends on the cost.

4 days left, so no need to start speculating and so on.

They very well might use a longer PCB for the air cooled versions. Would allow them to space out the VRMs etc. so the heat isn't being produced in a smaller concentrated area. I was just pointing out that it's not necessarily required to have a longer PCB for air cooling. ;)

Indeed - and they will be 4 very long days. :P Need to stay busy so the time goes by more quickly. :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler