Corsair - Shots fired

Razer recently came out with their new switches for their RGB Black Widow as a improved "Razer Gaming Mechanical Switches", which is a nicer way of saying cheap alternative Chinese switches, Corsair posted this on their twitter recently:

Razer uses Khail switches, which are basically knockoff Cherry switches. There are known in the Mech KB community to have some quality control issues, so there's a higher chance of getting something that won't last as long/might be defective compared to getting something that uses genuine Cherry switches. This along with Cable issues (many reports of broken/tangled cables) and driver (synapse) errors don't make the situation much better. So if you were looking to buy a razer keyboard take caution as their high price, doesn't correlate to high manufacturing quality, there are plenty of better alternatives (not Cosair) with better value for money. 

#pewpewpew

Do you like shiny ram?

Pay double the price

Corsair - Must be Sexy

PEW PEW PEW SHOTS FIRED

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

hahaha I love it!

Its akin to a tweet saying "Fuck you razer"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Man I hope when my chroma comes back from RMA that I don't have this issue 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

sitting here laughing at people who bought post cherry razer keyboards

Corsair knows where it's at. I wish I could be paid to view other company's forums to then make fun of them on social media.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Am I the only one that noticed the post in razerzone is from January? Did Corsair just remember about it? xD

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

My Blackwidow Stealth doesn't stick, it just has really bad tolerances, the actuation distance is like half as much as the wiggle room. I don't like Corsair's keyboards, and after seeing the Romer G factory tour I'll probably pick up one of those. 

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Razor... I stopped reading after he wrote it the 2nd time.

hahaha I love it!

Its akin to a tweet saying "Fuck you razor"

Fixed. Don't you dare making the same mistake again.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I hate it when people say Razor instead of Razer...

I hate it when people say Razor instead of Razer...

But razor makes it sound like it's cutting edge technology xD

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

News posts should need at least 500 posts...

A word min would be good as mentioned or 250 posts or have 3 this approved by mods first.

Above ^

Dont make a two line news post please. Its not even worth making, might as well hand someone else the topic. You get a bit of mercy from me because you're new, but thats just some FYI for the future

Sorry =(

If you go to the website for the Corsair Strafe, it says "Real Mech or Nothing" which I immediately knew it was mocking Razer's use of Khail switches.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

My Cherry MX Blue Black widow ultimate was awesome. Just replaced it with a k95 rgb though and i've not looked back. Still love the deathadder but i'll not be buying any more razer keyboards anytime soon...

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Eh. I going after your competitors in such a way is childish, in my opinion.

Instead of talking trash about someone else's product, they should just let the products themselves do the talk.

IDK, this might be a reason why I am really starting to dislike Corsair as of late.

Personally I like the Omron switches in the G910 better than any of the Cherry switches I've spent time trying (though to be fair that's primarily blacks and reds)

despite this being kinda funny, i hate it when companies need to do low/dirty things like this

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Probably a means for them to say "Hey, switch over to Corsair products!"

But the recent above posts are right.  This is petty / childish.  There are better way to handle this.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Hmm. We are missing a shots fired thread. It's always funny to see companies making snide comments :D

Do you like shiny ram?

Pay double the price

Corsair - Must be Sexy

PEW PEW PEW SHOTS FIRED

Well looking at alternatives for my ram (like g.skill) was only 20$ cheaper...

I want cherry MX blues DAMNIT. I MUST HAVE THE CLICKY

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

>Implying Corsair's keyboards are any better

Fight me

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

>Implying Corsair's keyboards are any better

Fight me

there are plenty of better alternatives (not Cosair) with better value for money.