[Press Release] X-Box to Appear at The PC Gaming Show

zMeul

source: Games Press

Microsoft Joins AMD as Sponsor and Participant for PC Gamer's Live Event at the Belasco Theater

LOS ANGELES - June 3, 2015 - PC Gamer today announced that Microsoft has joined the upcoming “AMD Presents The PC Gaming Show Powered by PC Gamer” event as both a sponsor and participant. Taking place in Los Angeles on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at the Belasco Theater, the show will feature appearances and announcements from some of the biggest names in the PC gaming industry. Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer and several game developers will share the latest details about gaming on Windows 10 as well as showcase several upcoming games. 

“For us, the PC Gaming Show is the ideal place to speak directly to PC gamers, and it’s a great time to talk about Windows 10 - the best operating system we've ever created for gamers on PCs,” said Phil Spencer, head of Xbox at Microsoft. “With Windows 10, we’re bringing the best of Xbox with the best of Windows gaming, including Xbox Live and the new Xbox app, Game DVR for nearly every game, and DirectX 12 for better gaming graphics and performance.”

“Windows is a vital element of the PC gaming experience for so many of us, and I’m excited to see what Microsoft has in store,” said Tim Clark, Global Editor-in-Chief, PC Gamer. “The PC Gaming Show is a celebration of every aspect of the platform, so I’m delighted Xbox has decided to play such a key part in it.”

Presented by AMD, organized by PC Gamer, and streamed live in partnership with Twitch, the show will bring the PC gaming community together under one roof for announcements and presentations from both major companies and rising independent developers. Hosted by Sean ‘Day[9]’ Plott, participants of the show include Dean Hall (DayZ), Blizzard, Bohemia Interactive, Tripwire Interactive, Fullbright, Cliff Bleszinski (Boss Key Productions), Devolver Digital, Nexon, Creative Assembly, Square Enix, CCP Games, Paradox Interactive, and many more.

---

what the hell is X-Box doing at a PC event? so Phil Spencer can take the stage and tell us how MicroSoft Games Studios care about the PC, how many times already? - this should be a meme  <_<

what the hell is X-Box doing at a PC event? so Phil Spencer can take the stage and tell us how MicroSoft Games Studios care about the PC, how many times already? - this should be a meme  <_<

My two cents : streaming xbox to PC.

AMD has streaming solutions since as long as NVIDIA, yet NVIDIA took it to other level marketing it.

AMD, like ususaly probably can't afford such effort, so they use partners.

its too late microsoft. if you had brought the xbox live friend list and other social features to pc in the very early days of steam, maybe, however no ones going to switch "social networks"

If I wanted to let 720p 30fps anywhere near my $800 PC I would buy a CRT and play an Ubisoft game.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

outside US this isn't gonna be a thing

Maybe, who knows :)

The dx12 talks might be interesting, hopefully there's new info.

It's a click-bait title. Xbox isn't going to be there, per-se, but the head of the Xbox division at Microsoft will be there to talk about Microsoft's horse in the race that is pc gaming. - and don't forget, dx12 really is a big deal.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Presented by AMD, organized by PC Gamer, and streamed live in partnership with Twitch, the show will bring the PC gaming community together under one roof for announcements and presentations from both major companies and rising independent developers. Hosted by Sean ‘Day[9]’ Plott,

Huh, that's awesome!

Guys, guys. I just thought of something... Microsoft buys AMD. AMD becomes a division of Microsoft called...

Microhard.

:^)

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Makes sense to me. Seems Microsoft want to push Windows 10 and Xbox One integration. Expect to hear a lot about how streaming with Xbox One and Win 10 will work.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

It's a click-bait title. Xbox isn't going to be there, per-se, but the head of the Xbox division at Microsoft will be there to talk about Microsoft's horse in the race that is pc gaming. - and don't forget, dx12 really is a big deal.

that's the exact title of the press release, I didn't made it up

rte6XzC.png

and, XBOX division has 0 to do with DX12 for Windows

W10 , the "gaming" OS. Yet the whole talk is focused on freaking console games and not actual PC games.

I give zero flying fada fucks about console games. Console gaming kills the progress for PC gaming. Too much money spent on false advertising (E3) and graphical downgrading.

End of rant. I got carried far more than I expected goddamn u console publishers ! Make me cri every tiem :'(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

it's probably be win10, but one can only hope for age of empires remasters or graphical remakes

Stream PC to xbox?

^ This, this is what would be nice.

I don't even have an Xbone, but I would consider one (get it?) if I could stream my PC games like GTA V to it.

I hope the 900p visitors are isolated in a corner, at a table they have to pay a monthly subscription just to sit at and the table shouls appear blurry and pixelated so they feel right at home.

Wishful thinking. Still hope AMD runs a Star Citizen demo as a payback for using Forza to demonstrate dx12. Cheeky MS, revealed it took a team of two less than 3 months to port Forza to PC. And MS still declines to release Forza on a platform they sell an even more expensive product for, the PC. Personally I never played Forza and F1 series is all I really need of racing games but the point I was making stands, using a PC port of a xbox exclusive game to demonstrate dx12, flat out dismiss possibility of a public sale/release all the while regularly sending out spam propaganda about supporting PC through media outlets.

For once, prove it, Microsoft. Port something of actual fucking value to PC.  Touching up Age of Empires was a nice gesture but I'm not fooled. Back up your words or I will call you out louder each time.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

^ This, this is what would be nice.

I don't even have an Xbone, but I would consider one (get it?) if I could stream my PC games like GTA V to it.

You can do that with any laptop and a controller.. No need an Xbox. Use steam in-home streaming. Supports on the fly hardware encoding from your main PC as well using the encoding hardware which all radeon and geforce GPUs now have. And you can even add non-steam games so origin and gog games will work too. If that's what you want no need to buy an Xbox.

Atleast link the source lol

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Huh, that's awesome!

Guys, guys. I just thought of something... Microsoft buys AMD. AMD becomes a division of Microsoft called...

Microhard.

:^)

macrohard

To the guy that says nobody is going to switch "social networks". WTF are you smoking?

pro tip: Xbox != games console. its MS's entertainment platform now.

Awesome!  So instead of "Games for Windows Live" it will now be "Xbox for Windows Live"?  :lol:

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr