[Press Release] X-Box to Appear at The PC Gaming Show

zMeul

"If everyone looks under their seats, we have a special gift for you: a free kinect for windows 10 gaming!"

*sock*  *pow*  *smash*  *wham* *crack* 

I believe I would actually need to be hospitalized for hysterical laughter if that happened.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Sigh. This thread. Do you guys need more lube to continue beating each other off over the cirlcejerk? Come on.

Believe it or not, XBOX actually does some neat things that the PC side would be wise to pickup on. The integrated party and chat system is probably the best one. Nothing on the PC comes close. Matchmaking is another, yea laying for live is silly but XBLs backend is no joke - I hope they bring that level of integration to Windows 10 and give us a proper party and chat system with a modern matchmaking backend.

They could also discuss using your Xbox as a Steam/Nvidia streaming box - just like they've already introduced Xbox to PC streaming (which was neat to use), they could go the other way by having PC to Xbox streaming built right into the OS thus rendering all these other implementations null. Why do with a 3rd party software when you have it as a part of the OS?

See. Is it really that hard to have a proper discussion?

Fuck, this place. No wonder LTT is developing a reputation as a place to NOT go to have proper discussions.

Sigh. This thread. Do you guys need more lube to continue beating each other off over the cirlcejerk? Come on.

Believe it or not, XBOX actually does some neat things that the PC side would be wise to pickup on. The integrated party and chat system is probably the best one. Nothing on the PC comes close. Matchmaking is another, yea laying for live is silly but XBLs backend is no joke - I hope they bring that level of integration to Windows 10 and give us a proper party and chat system with a modern matchmaking backend.

They could also discuss using your Xbox as a Steam/Nvidia streaming box - just like they've already introduced Xbox to PC streaming (which was neat to use), they could go the other way by having PC to Xbox streaming built right into the OS thus rendering all these other implementations null. Why do with a 3rd party software when you have it as a part of the OS?

Fuck, this place. No wonder LTT is developing a reputation as a place to NOT go to have proper discussions.

As much as people rag on the party system, I find it fan-fucking-tastic for finding games. Why should I spend my time looking for oneeeeeee specific server that's half decent when the game just works?

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. dayum.

hows about ignoring the idiots and engaging the ones worth it?

aren't you an adult? my mistake if you're not :P

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

It's the consolitus mentality/paranoia - that anything related to consoles automatically = bad or inferior to PC gaming, regardless of the objective truth.

The questions I asked earlier were from genuine curiosity. My last console was a 360 and I haven't touched it in over a year, so I'm not on the up and up on the latest features of xbox one. Sounds like there actually are some good things that can be carried over to PC gaming and I'm glad to hear that. Anything that improves PC gaming is ok in my books. ;)  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

As much as people rag on the party system, I find it fan-fucking-tastic for finding games. Why should I spend my time looking for oneeeeeee specific server that's half decent when the game just works?

Server browsers still make sense, but XBL has always had alarmingly legendary MM and skill based matching to boot. I want that for PC games. I want a unified party system that lets me go into matchmaking (or custom games) with a single party and seamlessly transition. I want unified chat that doesn't rely on some shitty 3rd party implement.

Those are positive things our side could use.

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. dayum.

hows about ignoring the idiots and engaging the ones worth it?

aren't you an adult? my mistake if you're not :P

The problem is the idiots keep beating their chests like apes thinking they're speaking sense and in general ruining almost any discussion anyone else even thinks of having.

This place rivals r/pcmr for how hard they circlejerk over this stuff.

Who the fuck wants XBox Live on PC? Paying Microsoft to play PC games online? Bullshit.

You can have XBL without paying for it. MS already said they won't be charging for Live on the PC for its functionality.

They will likely still have a "Gold" membership that gets you early access to games, discounts and freebies but the core services will remain free.

People need to calm the fuck down and maybe use some critical thinking.

Who the fuck wants XBox Live on PC? Paying Microsoft to play PC games online? Bullshit.

I do. Not the pay to play but the pay for the service.

You can have XBL without paying for it. MS already said they won't be charging for Live on the PC for its functionality.

They will likely still have a "Gold" membership that gets you early access to games, discounts and freebies but the core services will remain free.

People need to calm the fuck down and maybe use some critical thinking.

Hell, I'd even pay to have some of the functionality of xbox live. I loved how easy it was to join parties and play games. I miss a ton of key aspects from xbox. I'd also be nice to be able to join parties on pc and talk to people playing on xbox. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.