SilverStone Headphone Stand Design Contest

Hmmm... Submitted a model, but I can't seem to find where I can view the other submitted models and vote on em. Anyone got a link to that?

Hmmm... Submitted a model, but I can't seem to find where I can view the other submitted models and vote on em. Anyone got a link to that?

They'll be up later. I was a little confused about how voting was going to work. They apparently take all the submissions first.

where to submit the entries? here only?

can i use google sketchup for designing?

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

attachicon.gif20150520_194528.jpg

I see no issues with my solution.

Oh your poor headband :(

where to submit the entries? here only?

can i use google sketchup for designing?

Has to be .STL

https://www.myminifactory.com/competition/linus-tech-tips-headphone-design-25

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

this one is very cool, maybe add an end cap or angle to it, to prevent the headphones falling off? I think this one is great, working on mine rn

Thanks ;) i thought of it a bit later. The Surface on top has now a slight curve to hold the headphone on the stand. They should not slip of the stand very easily 

i got my self a Sennheiser HSH-01 hanger right now, which i warmed up and bent flat to fit my PC360 Headset. 

06128_o.jpg

Mounted with some 3M Double-sided tape to the wall. 

holds perfect ;) 

but not that pretty! And it leaves a dent in the memory foam of the headband after some time. A larger surface would be nice. Thats were my concept comes in ;) 

I just installed some hooks that cost like £1, full metal too :P

post-17790-0-81032800-1432211681.jpg

post-17790-0-79419300-1432211691.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They'll be up later. I was a little confused about how voting was going to work. They apparently take all the submissions first.

That's the right order imho. Otherwise people with early submissions could start farming likes.

Here's my *not yet final* design. Pretty simple with some features under the hood *no i won't tell anyone muhahaha!*

kI7ij1T.png

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

What I'm a little bit unsure about is adding any padding onto the design. To fit into SilverStone's product line, I think that having any padding would ruin the aesthetic, which is essentially most of what you are selling. On the other hand, it is a factor that Linus wanted, and I think that having one with padding would be cool as well. Maybe that is something that I would leave to SilverStone? Because no matter what they are going to tweak the design once they get the final file. I also have no idea how to model a soft material like padding.....

Question: Would you use a headphone stand that mounts to a 5.25" bay?

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

What's the current census on using 3M adhesive (or similar) rather than plaster screws? Install without leaving a mark. Wonder if it would be strong enough to support aluminum (given it has a wide enough base to hold up anyways).

was thinking the same thing. For some, making holes in the wall is just not an option.

was thinking the same thing. For some, making holes in the wall is just not an option.

This could easily just be solved then by putting that 3m tape on the back of any design, as long as there is a flat back. having the holes there is just giving them another option, especially since a full aluminum design would be quite heavy to be supported by 3M or other wall adhesives. 

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

My wallmounted headphone stand is just a dildo with a suction cup. :D !

PLS DONT BAN ME LINUS!

Pics or not real.

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

Good design always starts with some good user based research, so here is a quick modular concept I've come up with.

This design allows the user to clip in as many headset support parts (red parts) as necessary, perhaps up to 3 depending on the strength of the mounting hardware used.

The design has a curvaceous feel to it but im open to creating a sharper look with rounds rather than ellipsis.

Ill be creating a few more different concepts over the next few days to try and cover a wide variety of features and looks.

Any and all feedback welcome! 

post-143934-0-60966500-1432235442_thumb.

post-143934-0-84376700-1432235464_thumb.

post-143934-0-72092100-1432235483_thumb.

post-143934-0-15035800-1432235499_thumb.

Good design always starts with some good user based research, so here is a quick modular concept I've come up with.

This design allows the user to clip in as many headset support parts (red parts) as necessary, perhaps up to 3 depending on the strength of the mounting hardware used.

The design has a curvaceous feel to it but im open to creating a sharper look with rounds rather than ellipsis.

Ill be creating a few more different concepts over the next few days to try and cover a wide variety of features and looks.

attachicon.gifC1under.jpg

attachicon.gifC1expolded1.jpg

attachicon.gifC1expolded2.jpg

attachicon.gifC12modular.jpg

This is cool, but I am not sure about if SilverStone would want a modular design. For my own input on yours, I would say that supporting 2 headsets is probably a comfortable max, especially in a perpendicular support design. Sweet renders, LTT wouldn't be needed since it would be for SilverStone, and check out there EBA01 and other products in that line to see if it fits into that (maybe throw some aluminum skin into this, it looks like Keyshot but I'm not sure).

attachicon.gifC1under.jpg

attachicon.gifC1expolded1.jpg

attachicon.gifC1expolded2.jpg

attachicon.gifC12modular.jpg

what software are you using.

what software are you using.

PTC Creo parametric 2.0 for modelling and throwing them into keyshot for rendering.

??Question??

Not to get ahead of myself...  But my design assembly would change quite a bit if I were to print vs mill the parts.  Should I submit a readily 3d printable .STL and then worry about creating a machinable version?  I dont want to have to print screws, and require parts to be tapped...

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

??Question??

Not to get ahead of myself...  But my design assembly would change quite a bit if I were to print vs mill the parts.  Should I submit a readily 3d printable .STL and then worry about creating a machinable version?  I dont want to have to print screws, and require parts to be tapped...

I wondered that and emailed them:

"If your product is chosen as the final design, they (silverstone) will communicate with you and adjustments can be made so that it fits their manufacture process. For now design for FDM so that it is represented in the best possible way."

PTC Creo parametric 2.0 for modelling and throwing them into keyshot for rendering.

Do you know of any good free modeling software that's relatively easy to learn but has advanced features to play with for more experienced users.

And do you know of any good free rendering software.

Really off topic but.

This is what I made with some 3d modeling website.

post-222431-0-50559300-1432254893.pngpost-222431-0-66865100-1432254894.pngpost-222431-0-12814800-1432254895.png

Do you know of any good free modeling software that's relatively easy to learn but has advanced features to play with for more experienced users.

And do you know of any good free rendering software.

>wall mounted dick

This is EXACTLY what i was thinking