NVIDIA Under Attack Again for GameWorks in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

CtW

People defend everything NVIDIA does.

People would defend AMD as well............if they actually did anything besides the odd meme and horrible video.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

This still going?

-Hungry snip-

It will never end.  "Every reprisal is itself an act of aggression, and every act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal." - Taran Zhu, 2013.

It will never end.  "Every reprisal is itself an act of aggression, and every act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal." - Taran Zhu, 2013.

AMD owners be like:

2b9f5fdabf42945dff1f0a8ed64a21c7.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

People defend everything NVIDIA does.

I am not surprised anymore.

If NVIDIA used slave labor to make their GPUS people would still defend them.

The amount of people licking their boots after they lied to their entire customer base with the 970 VRAM issue is staggering.

I know someone who is a massive Star Wars Fan, and won't touch AMD because of the color. When I explain that AMD's color is actually Green, but the Radeon color is Red, I can hear the wind whistling through his ears.

I don't think it's a logical or practical choice for some people.

star-wars-episode-vi-the-fight-d75ec9750 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Maybe you're forgetting about TressFX.

They have, TressFX actually came out before GameWorks and Nvidia pretty much copied it so they can provide the same features. Although AMD has the upper hand in this department because not only is TressFX written better it also works the same across all hardware. Wait until the new Deus Ex Universe comes out which uses TressFX and watch how many complaints we'll have about Nvidia users being limited or suffering performance issues (none). Nivida is just a joke of a company as of late and they seem to just keep digging. I find the snarky remarks of praise that people make to how good Nvidia is, humorous.

Nvidia is far from a joke. Gaming just isn't its top priority. Also, TressFX is not exactly older than GameWorks. GameWorks is a combination of many different libraries, some of which predates TressFX by a big margin.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I find it hilarious so many people are defending this

Look, whether you like it or not, it's not fair to make, not only another companies cards run worse, but also make your older cards run worse as well to make users wanna upgrade. The whole thing reeks of anti consumer, no matter how you try to spin it.

Consumers aren't kings in any economy if you very closely study them. The exception is commodities. In monopolistic competition (some or many competitors, slightly differentiated products but not perfect substitutes) the firms do anything and everything they can to differentiate,their products short of something which directly hampers a competitor's ability to enter the market. They can use planned obsolescence or drop support to sell more products too. As long as there are no efforts to increase barriers to entry or steal IP, a firm can do basically anything it wants. Competition is not pretty. Seriously so many of you live in a fantasy world.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Consumers aren't kings in any economy if you very closely study them. The exception is commodities. In monopolistic competition (some of many competitors, slightly differentiated products but not perfect substitutes) the firms do anything and everything they can to differentiate,their products short of something which directly hampers a competitor's ability to enter the market. They can use planned obsolescence or drop support to sell more products too. As long as there are no efforts to increase barriers to entry or steal IP, a firm can do basically anything it wants. Competition is not pretty. Seriously so many of you live in a fantasy world.

If anything you're living in fantasy, it doesn't matter at all whether we're the biggest market for a company or not, a company that does under handed practices like this gets a bad rep for a reason. Bad rep leads to less sales, and less people investing since nobody wants to be associated with you. 

Doesn't matter how you try to justify, it comes off as greedy and selfish, there is no other way to put it unless you're stupid enough to think that's actually good business. It isn't.

If anything you're living in fantasy, it doesn't matter at all whether we're the biggest market for a company or not, a company that does under handed practices like this gets a bad rep for a reason. Bad rep leads to less sales, and less people investing since nobody wants to be associated with you.

Doesn't matter how you try to justify, it comes off as greedy and selfish, there is no other way to put it unless you're stupid enough to think that's actually good business. It isn't.

It's the business that keeps every Fortune 500 company going. Companies can by law get away with quite a lot, and consumers can't be watch dogs for every industry every hour of the day. They have to work to earn money, and there's family life, sleep, etc.. In the end producers are King. That's how it's been since ancient times, and that is how it will continue to be, unless you'd like to lose how we can overturn the entire system without skipping a beat.

why the fuck is Nvidia under attack for this? just because AMD is too lazy to make fancy hair posible on their GPUs?

Nvidia doesn't allow AMD to make drivers for gameworks

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You do know Nvidia have been working with MS on DX12 for 5 years before Mantle was even announced right?

No what I know is that NVIDIA said it after Mantle was announced and Richard Huddy said Microsoft asked to bring Mantle to DX12, wich they did.

Plus what the fuck does that invalidate what Microsoft did when they brought Mantle in? You have to explain that logic, you or any other NVIDIA white knights who liked your illogical post xD

(On the way explain why NVIDIA cards have Tier2 support, while AMD has Tier3 support)

Although I do kinda see this as Nvidia flexing its marketshare powers, I now see it as AMD being lazy. Nvidia has been working hard on their own technologies to better differentiate their products against their competitors (they're a business after all), and Nvidia is using these technologies to help better optimize games. From what I understand, Nvidia is NOT signing deals with developers to block AMD from doing the same.

No what I know is that NVIDIA said it after Mantle was announced and Richard Huddy said Microsoft asked to bring Mantle to DX12, wich they did.

Plus what the fuck does that invalidate what Microsoft did when they brought Mantle in? You have to explain that logic, you or any other NVIDIA white knights who liked your illogical post xD

(On the way explain why NVIDIA cards have Tier2 support, while AMD has Tier3 support)

MS said that AMD stole mantle from the DX working fils, This is a fact because Nvidia confirmed it and so did Intel who was working in getting their igpu to work with DX12 also.  This is a cold hard irrefutable fact that I don't need to provide a citation for or backup in anyway.  You must simply accept it is a fact and stop disagreeing with me.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

You know tier support means nothing when Nvidia can pay off MS to change the tier requirements to give Nvidia Tier 3 support and AMD Tier 2, which is another rumour going around. 

See? We can exchange bullshit rumours with no credible facts all day long. Its actually fun, no wonder you three like doing it so much. 

You know tier support means nothing when Nvidia can pay off MS to change the tier requirements to give Nvidia Tier 3 support and AMD Tier 2, which is another rumour going around. 

See? We can exchange bullshit rumours with no credible facts all day long. Its actually fun, no wonder you three like doing it so much. 

Nvidia is also owned by ISIS. AMD are the white knights because they are sooooo open and free!! If it wasn't for AMD we wouldn't have DX12 or Win 10. If it wasnt for AMD we would all be slaves of the green team!  :o

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Nvidia is also owned by ISIS. AMD are the white knights because they are sooooo open and free!! If it wasn't for AMD we wouldn't have DX12 or Win 10. If it wasnt for AMD we would all be slaves of the green team!  :o

I heard AMD parted the red sea and saved the slaves from Egyptian rule. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I heard AMD parted the red sea and saved the slaves from Egyptian rule. 

Nvidia killed JFK and AMD saved Reagan?

(KFJ LOL)

OT: How the hell is this still going on? For the last 10 Pages it's been the exact same links over and over again made by the same people because some of them are too stuck up with their Fanboyship to admit that they're wrong.

It's not even about Gameworks at this point... It's just AMD v Nvidia....

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Nvidia killed KFJ and AMD saved Reagan?

OT: How the hell is this still going on? For the last 10 Pages it's been the exact same links over and over again made by the same people because some of them are too stuck up with their Fanboyship to admit that they're wrong.

It's not even about Gameworks at this point... It's just AMD v Nvidia....

Just like the other two threads.  Or maybe three now, they are all the same with the same antagonists that they may as well be merged (or deleted entirely).  I know if I made some of the claims a few did right back at the start I'd be wanting the thread deleted or at least locked and left to fall into the past then pretend it never happened. 

Nvidia is far from a joke. Gaming just isn't its top priority. Also, TressFX is not exactly older than GameWorks. GameWorks is a combination of many different libraries, some of which predates TressFX by a big margin.

Good job, you can strip information from my posts and reword it as your own. GameWorks uses modules for handling various different things. Most of which uses the VisualFX module. PhysX is still there but barely used as even stated by the official developer. You would think a self proclaimed genius could do better than that.

Shoot, my gtx 980 takes a sky dive when the only thing on screen is Gerald's hair, can't imagine the dips in fps will look like on a AMD card.

The game runs great. I'm running high settings at 1080p. After setting it to ultra fps dipped to around 40-50fps. See my sig for my PC spec.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Good job, you can strip information from my posts and reword it as your own. GameWorks uses modules for handling various different things. Most of which uses the VisualFX module. PhysX is still there but barely used as even stated by the official developer. You would think a self proclaimed genius could do better than that.

None of what you said refutes anything I wrote. I fail to see your point. I didn't strip anything either. I quoted verbatim.

MS said that AMD stole mantle from the DX working fils, This is a fact because Nvidia confirmed it and so did Intel who was working in getting their igpu to work with DX12 also.  This is a cold hard irrefutable fact that I don't need to provide a citation for or backup in anyway.  You must simply accept it is a fact and stop disagreeing with me.

So you want me to keep posting sources after months of posting them?

What you NVIDIA white knights need to start to do is start to digest information, even if it hurts :/

You are trying too hard mate :/... just deal with it.

I mean, you and others tryed to throw Richard Huddy name through the mud when he claimed Microsoft asked to bring Mantle to DX12... then the documentations and developers confirmed it after all of this time, plus Khronos punch with Vulkan using Mantle as well...

It must be hard.

So you want me to keep posting sources after months of posting them?

What you NVIDIA white knights need to start to do is start to digest information, even if it hurts :/

Hahahahahah!  delusional much?  :rolleyes:

You are such a fanboy, you see anyone who sits on the fence as an nvidia fanboy/whitenight/shill/whatever.

Hahahahahah!  delusional much?  :rolleyes:

You are such a fanboy, you see anyone who sits on the fence as an nvidia fanboy/whitenight/shill/whatever.

an-ad-hominem-attack-your-argument-must-

I really needed an excuse to use that picture.