Blizzard bans more than 100,000 WoW accounts.

DevilishBooster

According to this chat [below] with one of the GMs (via r/wow), the ban affected more than 100,000 accounts. That’s a really huge number, even in a subscriber base of 7.1 million people. They’ve all got a temporary six-month ban...

post-63986-0-71517000-1431660685.png

Source: http://kotaku.com/massive-ban-wave-hopefully-fixes-world-of-warcraft-pvp-1704418419?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Apparently there has been a mass purging in an effort to clean the PvP servers of cheaters for at least 6 months. After I stopped playing WoW years ago. kek.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

#getrekt

Sorry, I had to

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

WoW that's alot of bans...

(im sorry just too good to pass)

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

WoW that's alot of bans...

(im sorry just too good to pass)

post-63986-0-93931100-1431661051.gif

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

WoW, old times. 

Never forget. RIP.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I will always remember the good old days of that game. Best, but also worst, 5 years of my life. RIP 2006-2011.

How are wow bans Tech news?

Well, it's a video game, and video games are based in technology. Video game news is always getting posted. 

END OF LINE

Yeah, this was actually kinda funny. Apparently the salty cheaters even made a white house petition because they are mad. I'm friends with someone who works for Blizzard and he's a pretty chill guy. They don't do serious bans like this unless you really screwed up, lol. Who honestly cheats on WoW anyway? Boo hoo, you have to actually play a game with your fingers, oh the oppression!

Yeah, this was actually kinda funny. Apparently the salty cheaters even made a white house petition because they are mad. I'm friends with someone who works for Blizzard and he's a pretty chill guy. They don't do serious bans like this unless you really screwed up, lol. Who honestly cheats on WoW anyway? Boo hoo, you have to actually play a game with your fingers, oh the oppression!

One little ban and it's *BOOM*, "OH, THE HUMANITY!! WAAAAHHHH!!!"

post-63986-0-97706300-1431664635.gif

END OF LINE

Well, it's a video game, and video games are based in technology. Video game news is always getting posted. 

Using that logic then let's post all gaming news here then... yeah let's delete the Gaming sub-forum and rename this one Tech & Gaming News. There's a lot of gaming threads in this area lately anyways, seems fitting. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Using that logic then let's post all gaming news here then... yeah let's delete the Gaming sub-forum and rename this one Tech & Gaming News. There's a lot of gaming threads in this area lately anyways, seems fitting. 

All the Ubisoft and EA gaming news (along with other news) starts in here because it's news and not just discussion about gameplay/mods/ect. If you're that butt hurt about it, message a Admin/Mod and have them move it to the gaming section if they feel so inclined. Otherwise stick to talking about the news/article. Mmm'K? Thanks.

END OF LINE

All the Ubisoft and EA gaming news (along with other news) starts in here because it's news and not just discussion about gameplay/mods/ect. If you're that butt hurt about it, message a Admin/Mod and have them move it to the gaming section if they feel so inclined. Otherwise stick to talking about the news/article. Mmm'K? Thanks.

No need for calling names here, have some respect, given your attitude I think is the best to stop here. 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I thought the number was closer to 500k as it was for anyone that used bots or any other exploitation going back a few years. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Will I hope people will go in a VACtion *wink* VALVE *wink*

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

How are wow bans Tech news?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

Tech News means news regarding technology or gaming. Please don't post topics in this forum that don't have a strong relation to technology/games.

The subforum name is confusing a bit.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

It's probably against those shitty bot users.

Too bad it wasn't a perma-ban instead

while lurking on wow sub i heard it's more like around 400k, they were using bots to dps in raids to

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

Pretty ballsy move of Blizzard. The population in WoW is shrinking pretty quickly and I think a lot of people will find other things to do during these 6 months.

I've heard even people who used fishing bots got 6 month bans, which seems like a pretty harsh punishment for a petty crime. Or maybe fishing got super hardcore after I left.

Most of the players banned were using bots:

Honorbuddy: battleground honor farming

Fishing bots

Garrison bots

The battleground were full of people botting making the experience for normal players not a great one.

I still think these players should have been perma banned not 6 mouths. They made the decision to break and they knew their risk.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

No need for calling names here, have some respect, given your attitude I think is the best to stop here. 

Bouzoo just made my point for me. It is completely within the parameters of this forum sub-section to post gaming news because it is news and not just general video game discussion, therefore I was in the right to post this subject in this forum sub-section. 

I did not call you, or anyone, any offensive names. At no point in any of my posts did I use any kind of derogatory or offensive noun/pronoun/or adjective in reference to your personal identification. I was making the point that you should just message an Admin/Mod about the thread being in the wrong section if you feel so strongly about it, rather than wasting thread space complaining about it and not talking about the subject matter.

END OF LINE

Pretty ballsy move of Blizzard. The population in WoW is shrinking pretty quickly and I think a lot of people will find other things to do during these 6 months.

I've heard even people who used fishing bots got 6 month bans, which seems like a pretty harsh punishment for a petty crime. Or maybe fishing got super hardcore after I left.

I think though whole point was they were already doing other things, that is why they used bots

This purge was so long requested from PvP-ers, it's good to see Blizzard at least trying to get their customers pleased (khem 3 million subs left, khem paid mounts, khem increased sub price, khem wow token, khem CONTENT). Poor PvP community is absolutely in the ground at the moment without any new proper content directed at them.

Next they should bad gold/boost sellers as they are the ones polluting the general chats non stop. 

sticker,375x360.u4.png

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15