Windows 10 will include junkware - the cost of free

GoodBytes

I am definitely not in anyway happy with third party apps being installed. I believe like @LAwLz and @ShadowCaptain, a clean install should in fact be a clean install. The bit where this becomes complicated is when the "free" aspect is introduced. If this only occurs when you avail of a free upgrade to 10, and you can alternatively choose a paid upgrade/full version with no 3rd party apps, then I am okay with it. 

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

When has MS ever made removing the included crap easy to remove. I still can't fully get rid of IE even though they where forced to my the courts. I am going to stick with W7 if this happens and it's not either easy to remove or you can stop it from installing. I still keep getting Skype in my W7 updates, i have to un-check it every time.

That is because you are not thinking thoroughly.

You have no idea how many program incorporates IE in itself, and how many programming, including Windows and Microsoft software uses IE for their help documentation. Removing all traces of IE, will result in nothing more than mass number of programs crash. Even Windows 10 still has IE. Microsoft cannot remove it. Simple as that. And don't expect to disappear in Windows 11, 12, 13, or Windows 20, not unless there is an alternative solution and that all programs switch to it, and has been years, where is most likely no company or individual would use the super old version of a program using IE.

I am definitely not in anyway happy with third party apps being installed. I believe like @LAwLz and @ShadowCaptain, a clean install should in fact be a clean install. The bit where this becomes complicated is when the "free" aspect is introduced. If this only occurs when you avail of a free upgrade to 10, and you can alternatively choose a paid upgrade/full version with no 3rd party apps, then I am okay with it. 

That does seem to be the case as OP's updated post mentions the upgrade specifically. If it were included in the paid version too then I wouldn't be happy with it either but since it's only in the free upgrade then it's definitely understandable and as it's easily removable as well there really shouldn't be any problems. Those who are complaining about a third-party app helping to make the upgrade free can just purchase the paid version which I think will be priced reasonably.

I don't get why people are flipping out about this. Just uninstall whatever you don't want.

seriously!!!  I don't get it either why people are  so hot and bothered by it........JUST UNINSTALL THE DAMN THING!!!!  FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!

I guess people rather pay for the upgrade than have to deal with a stupid game that can be uninstalled.....hopefully.  

it sounds like if your not connected to the internet it wont get it. i might be reading it wrong though. 

It would be INCREDIBLY nice if when you get your device(phone, tablet, laptop, or tower) and it boots up it actually asks you "which free apps would you like to have installed?"

Some pirated versions do this and I've used them.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

That is because you are not thinking thoroughly.

You have no idea how many program incorporates IE in itself, and how many programming, including Windows and Microsoft software uses IE for their help documentation. Removing all traces of IE, will result in nothing more than mass number of programs crash. Even Windows 10 still has IE. Microsoft cannot remove it. Simple as that. And don't expect to disappear in Windows 11, 12, 13, or Windows 20, not unless there is an alternative solution and that all programs switch to it, and has been years, where is most likely no company or individual would use the super old version of a program using IE.

I didn't think about that but I don't think Candy Crush is needed for W10 to work properly. It's more likely the publisher offered MS lots of money to put it on the OS by force.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Disabling/removing IE is pretty easy :unsure:

It's always there though even after disabling it it is always there it's just harder to find. The other guy though explained to me that W7 needs IE for some software to function which is correct. Although I doubt candy crush is needed for W10 to work.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I didn't think about that but I don't think Candy Crush is needed for W10 to work properly. It's more likely the publisher offered MS lots of money to put it on the OS by force.

I was talking about IE. And MS said for a limited time and download Windows 10. So, my guess, is 1 year, during the free upgrade offer for those who gets free upgrade. I don't think it will be forced.

Seriously Micro$oft?

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

I am so done.. 

Would rather pay than get Candy Cru$h on my PC OS included.

then you sir are are a moron if you would rather pay for something than go *right click> uninstall* for free

You can remove viruses too, but you rather not have them.

not even the same ball park.

Well I wont be upgrading to Windows 10 any time soon, even though it seems like a hell of a OS.

yeah you show MS by not taking a free upgrade and waiting till you have to pay for it, how dare they!

Give it time.  While it is a little bit complex, there are tons of distros that make it easy.  Hell, Dell has even started shipping laptops pre-loaded with LTS versions of Ubuntu.

who the hell buys a laptop with linix on it....seriously how stupid, linux is free so you essentially screw yourself out of a paid os

I would happily pay to not have crap installed on my PC when I do a "clean" install.

The main reason why I do reinstalls is to get rid of all the junk, but now the OS itself will come with a bunch of junk. Like I said in the "HTC might include ads in Sense" thread, having ads in the core OS is one of the worst things I have ever heard, and Candy Crush will be part of the core OS if it gets bundled.

Would you be happy with me shoving a 2 feet dildo up your butt? By the way, I am going to shove it up you even if you say no, because you have no saying in this.

Please don't whine about it either. It's both a free dildo and you are allowed to remove it afterwards!

it makes me laugh that you pick up victorious secret  for over reacting and trolling then compare candy crush to anal rape.....mmmmm 

Load it with bloatware, watch how many people jump to pirating the OS even if they can get it for free Microsoft.

you will have to be some kind of moron to pirate a free os just to avoid uninstalling some programs

Okay, this thread has gone to hell on a intellectual level...

In the history of Windows, how many games have been bundled in? I'll wait while you realize how stupid you all sound at whining that a game or app is bundled. This is status quo for Windows, the difference now is that MS is opening up the playground to other software makers. 

MS is subsidizing the upfront cost by getting software makers to PAY THEM to have their apps. Apps that can be removed within seconds, which is more than you can say for Windows versions of past where uninstalling some apps that were baked in wasn't as easy. 

Would I rather pay 10-30 dollars for a Windows 10 upgrade that and no bundled apps? No. Because my time in removing those apps is not worth pissing away money for. Maybe to you, you'd rather spend money and not deal with the few minutes of cleaning up an OS that I swear most of you do anyways when you reinstall Windows or any OS. 

Furthermore, comparing having a DILDO SHOVED UP YOUR ASS forcibly to MS including Candy Crush with the OS? Really? REALLY? One is a statutory rape offence and the other is MS dictating what goes into the software they own and you licensed to use. 

Just stop with making analogies you don't understand against subjects you have little comprehension of in the vain attempt to sound edgy and cool and passive aggressive.

i agree with VS, for the most part you are all bitching about this like they club baby seals.  how many of you install from fresh and everything is how you want it?  i love fresh installs but fuck me sitting in front of my pc watching installing screens bores the shit out of me. so i fresh install and add all programs i will install in one go set everything up the back that up so the next time i need a fresh install i just restore to that back up.....fresh as a daisy and very few installs.  

seriously some times i wander about the #pcmasterrace....

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

then you sir are are a moron if you would rather pay for something than go *right click> uninstall* for free

So because I don't want bloatware, that makes me a moron?

That's a pretty big exaggeration and at the very least disrespectful to say to others on here.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

That's a pretty big exaggeration and at the very least disrespectful to say to others on here.

no your  a moron if you are willing to pay to avoid uninstalling bloatware in 2 easy clicks, once....seriously thats some stupid shit right there

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

no your  a moron if you are willing to pay to avoid uninstalling bloatware in 2 easy clicks, once....seriously thats some stupid shit right there

Well, it seems like I have a different opinion on it I guess.

(also, 2nd word in your sentence.. lel..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's gonna be fun watching this covered (probably) on the WAN Show.

I think it's fine as long as I can easily uninstall it as I would for any other unwanted program.

Give it time.

Give it time!  How long have desktop distros of Linux been extant?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

No he says you (TINY) are a moron for wanting to pay for an O/S when you could get it for nothing but having to go rightclick uninstall a few times.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

You guys really throwing a tantrum because Candy Crush Saga will be installed on windows 10? It's a super popular game worldwide. You're aware that minesweeper, solitaire, etc. is installed with Windows, right?

It takes two clicks of a button to uninstall ladies

calm your panties

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Wtb signature edition

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Is it sponsored by the NSA and GCHQ too?  :D

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

What great incentive to learn C and work on ReactOS so I can be done with this bullcrap

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

And that's why i'm going to wait with W10 for custom images.

I'm running a custom W7 image atm and it's just nicer.

The stuff you need is already there, and the crap you hate is gone!

I really hope it goes quickly with w10.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

you will have to be some kind of moron to pirate a free os just to avoid uninstalling some programs

I don't think so. The copy of Windows 10 is no different than you buying it off the shelf on DVD's. The only difference is not paying for it.

As long as it's removable I'm A-Okay with it! 

I would love for the inclusion of Visual Studio though "Installation times can be a pain..."

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

And that's why i'm going to wait with W10 for custom images.

I'm running a custom W7 image atm and it's just nicer.

The stuff you need is already there, and the crap you hate is gone!

I really hope it goes quickly with w10.

Custom images is usually not a good idea. It might contain malware.