Windows 10 will include junkware - the cost of free

GoodBytes

Microsoft said that Windows 10 will include additional non-Microsoft apps with the OS.

So far, Microsoft announced that Candy Crush Saga game by King development studio will be included with the Operating System, and will be automatically installed.

And we’re excited to be able to announce today that King will bring their game, Candy Crush Saga, to Windows 10. Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 during the launch!

We don't know if this app will be installed automatically for a limited time, or have additional apps installed later on, or at release.

Could trial version A/V be included?

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-will-automatically-install-candy-crush-saga-bundleware-comes-to-redmond

---------------------------------------------------

Update:

On Microsoft official announcement which you can now find here: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/14/candy-crush-saga-coming-to-windows-10/

They say:

Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 during the launch!

It doesn't say after. So to pay off Windows 10 being free upgrade, it looks like Microsoft is looking for partners to include games and potentially other software as ads. Later it won't be there. But this just my take from it.

----------------------------------------------------

What do you think of having extra software which you will most likely not use, be a trial or freemium app installed with Windows 10, if the OS remains free for consumers?

Well I for one cant stand apps lying around I dont use that cries for updates all the time, same as in android phone and such. Give me a payed option so I can atleast get rid of the pieace of crap that they install for no apperent reason.

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

Well I know what I'm going to be doing when I first download windows 10, deleting the stupid Candy Crush game.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Extra crappy bloat ware just means more hd space being taken up... D:

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Well the upgrade is free, but not 10 all alone

Oh dear. Well, as long as I can uninstall, I can live with it. If it's truly free.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Extra crappy bloat ware just means more hd space being taken up... D:

Yes but that's a perfect opportunity to try their cloud service! Not even kidding they probably thought of that and will suggest it if space runs low

-------

Current Rig

-------

Find it, remove it, continue as per.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

If it's easy enough to remove/disable and it's being included to subsidize the cost, then I'm okay with it.

Yea go look at some of samsungs android roms and you'll shoot yourself in the head before you say that again. I'm not okay with bloatware when all it does it take up system resources weather it be HDD space or processing power. Also if they were to keep doing this the app makers could use their pre-installed programs for malicious means. Like collecting data they shouldn't have access to. It's too slippery a slope in my opinion...

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

Well I for one cant stand apps lying around I dont use that cries for updates all the time, same as in android phone and such. Give me a payed option so I can atleast get rid of the pieace of crap that they install for no apperent reason.

It's only free if you are upgrading from Windows 7 or Windows 8, so there will be a payed option, however, it looks like the payed option will get the bloatware aswell.

Don't think anyone here has heard of the uninstall button...

You can remove viruses too, but you rather not have them.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If it was something like Clash of Clans or some other money bleeding game, then i wouldn't be so bothered. But Candy Crush? Seriously?? 

If it was something like Clash of Clans or some other money bleeding game, then i wouldn't be so bothered. But Candy Crush? Seriously?? 

"Get free Windoze noow, and git candy crush for freez!11!1! much deal! such good!"

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Ugh. Windows 8.1 already comes with too much shit you have to manually uninstall which takes time I don't fucking have away from doing other things.

So far, Microsoft announced that Candy Crush Saga game by King development studio will be included with the Operating System, and will be automatically installed.

tumblr_mw590mV4yB1rmin5no1_400.gif

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Anybody who didn't see this coming, were insane....Ofcourse they are going to do this!

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Orrrrrrr you could just right-click and select "Uninstall". Modern apps support one click uninstalling via context menu.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Orrrrrrr you could just right-click and select "Uninstall". Modern apps support one click uninstalling via context menu.

Yes. I know it's easy to do. But it's something you have to do for so many individual things it's laborious and takes up more time than it should

Yea go look at some of samsungs android roms and you'll shoot yourself in the head before you say that again. I'm not okay with bloatware when all it does it take up system resources weather it be HDD space or processing power. Also if they were to keep doing this the app makers could use their pre-installed programs for malicious means. Like collecting data they shouldn't have access to. It's too slippery a slope in my opinion...

Hence the clear condition that it needs to be possible to easily remove/disable it.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Let me put it this way, if this is something that can be changed with a "use custom install options" so you don't have to go through it in the first place, then I'm okay with it. However, if it forces you to install them no matter what, I'd be upset.