Windows 10 will include junkware - the cost of free

GoodBytes

"During the launch"

So just wait and you can avoid it? Okay, I don't particularly want to upgrade anyways.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

So, when do Windows 10 ROMs start arriving?

- snip-

Yeah.

And it's not like windows didn't use to bundle games with the OS.  

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/8A4pHjMvp4E/maxresdefault.jpg

I really miss that shit -- and it's that argument that I've been thinking about since I first saw the thread. I'm looking towards the future when it's actual bloatware and not just games.

I don't see why it is needed to subsidize their costs when apple is capable of releasing their os's and office suite for free...

The two companies function differently (one directly profits from the sale of a computer with their OS while the other profits through a licensing fee of sorts). Think of it this way, I can buy any random computer (with no OS -- thus, Microsoft gets nothing) and then get a free copy of windows. Microsoft has now made no money off of me. Alternatively you'd be forced to buy a mac if you wanted to use OSX -- thus they can recoup their money through the sale of the hardware (ignoring hackintosh'g).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

So you are still a fan of microshit? if stuff like this doesnt tell you what they are trying to do,they dont give a shit about user experience but how to promote their nonsense via Cortana/LiveStartmenu and hijacked start search infused with ads that you cant disable.

Please explain to me how this is any different from the rumor that HTC are going to add ads in their launcher. Both are annoying things which are easily removed.

This is the exact same thing iOS users have been giving Android crap for (and rightfully so) for ages, but all of a sudden when Microsoft does it it's totally okay? No. Bloatware is a terrible idea.

I've heard countless of people say OS X is better than Windows because it doesn't come with a bunch of bloatware. My response has always been "just do a clean install" but from now on I will just have to nod and agree that OS X is superior in that regard.

If you have ever complained about Android or computers from for example Dell having bloatware on them, but are okay with this then you are a massive hypocrite.

As per OP:

Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 during the launch!

It's only for people who are getting the free upgrade to Windows 10. As far as we all can tell, if you're going to be doing a fresh install with your own copy of Windows 10 then Candy Crush won't be installed. Seriously, it's the same as downloading free, ad-supported software. I don't know why the internet expects everything to be free without having businesses monetising their product. It's as simple as paying for it to not have the game installed.

Please explain to me how this is any different from the rumor that HTC are going to add ads in their launcher. Both are annoying things which are easily removed.

This is the exact same thing iOS users have been giving Android crap for (and rightfully so) for ages, but all of a sudden when Microsoft does it it's totally okay? No. Bloatware is a terrible idea.

I've heard countless of people say OS X is better than Windows because it doesn't come with a bunch of bloatware. My response has always been "just do a clean install" but from now on I will just have to nod and agree that OS X is superior in that regard.

If you have ever complained about Android or computers from for example Dell having bloatware on them, but are okay with this then you are a massive hypocrite.

But malware is subjective so you don't if it will be considered malware or not.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

if i went ahead and bought windows 10, will i have to deal with this crap? I am seriously considering

Hopefully this will means that you actually won't have to pay all that much for it: If it's the equivalent of a game (60 bucks or less) it might be worth it considering it's a full OS and will give you access do DX12: potentially a performance boost on all future games.

-------

Current Rig

-------

why are poeple so up in arms about this. No one complained when MS bundled Minesweeper, Pinball solitare....How is this any different? Heck you can actually alos fully UNINSTALL it. Doesn;t that make it better? >_>

Where was your outrage about Microsoft bundling the Skype app in Windows 8.x?

Skype is owned by Microsoft. This is a third party program. It makes a huge difference.

This is one single app so you saying choose between one with MS only apps and one with Candy Crush, McAfee, Ask toolbar, and "a bunch of other bloatware" make zero sense because this conversation has absolutely nothing to do with McAfee, Ask toolbar other a bunch of other bloatware. This is one, single, very easily uninstallable app that will never prompt or bug you for anything and never get in your way without you launching the app.

It might be 1 single app that we know of, so far. This one app however shows that Microsoft has changed their minds about not including bloatware in Windows. Microsoft are following the footsteps of Android in an area I really don't want them to (a place even Samsung realized was so detrimental to the user experience they backed away from it).

your being very dense about it, the huge fucking difference here is that its almost certain you can remove it, the days of shit being buried deep into windows so you can't remove it are over, at least when it comes to microsoft programs, yes this is about a third party, but its ms putting it there, not king themselves via a deal with a OEM, this isn't freaking tangent

also i'm sure the people you say are pro of it, they actually aren't, they are being knowledgeable that with the predecessor of this version of windows, 8, apps can be removed with a single click, ALL OF IT!!!!, nothing gets left in the system, no junk or useless registry entries, the only thing left are used generated files saved in the user folder, freaking nothing is left, those people know that and they are just saying this isn't a big of enough deal to raise the freaking pitchfork and burn ms to the ground were you and others seem to thinks so, now if this was uninstalable i wouldn't even discuss it and agree with you but this is not the case, and its very but very far from being that way

I'm sorry but it seems like you missed my question and I would like to see your answer.

"If you were going to install Windows 10 on your computer and could choose between one version that was just the regular Microsoft stuff, and one version with candy crush, McAfee, ask toolbar and a bunch of other bloatware for example HP includes, which version would you pick?"

All the stuff OEMs such as HP has included have been removable as well.

When did I say we should burn Microsoft to the ground? All I said was that I don't like bloatware and I think including it in the OS makes the OS worse. The benefits of Windows 10 still seems to far outweigh the very few drawbacks, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't complain when they are doing something I think we all agree is a bad move (does anyone here like all the preinstalled third party apps on Android and OEM versions of Windows?).

So can anyone explain to me how this makes the OS better? I don't want "it's just ONE game", "it's free" or "it's easy to uninstall". I want a solid argument how this makes the OS better. I got 1 argument for why it makes it worse, "I don't want any bloatware when doing a clean install". If the drawbacks don't outweigh the benefits then it is a bad move that shouldn't be done.

There is nothing wrong with bundled aps. It becomes a problem when there is a lot, are bad, unwanted because we wont use them, and not able to uninstall them or difficult to. That's why people complain about android and oems that sell windows products. You can't uninstall on android and it can be difficult on windows, they tend to suck or just be unwanted, and there is lots of them.

That is not true. For example on the Galaxy S 6 you can uninstall pretty much all of the included third party apps, and people still complained (rightfully so).

How is it difficult to uninstall the stuff OEMs add? You uninstall it like any other program from the control panel.

why are poeple so up in arms about this. No one complained when MS bundled Minesweeper, Pinball solitare....How is this any different? Heck you can actually alos fully UNINSTALL it. Doesn;t that make it better? >_>

"No one complained when Google bundled Google Search with their phones. How is what Samsung does any different? Heck you can actually full UNINSTALL a lot of the Samsung stuff. Doesn't that make it better?"

No it doesn't make it better than "not having bloatware come with the OS to begin with".

SNIP

Agreed with the posts you have made, bloatware, forced included apps and anything related to this have NO place on a brand new OS installation.

If I am buying my new computer or installing a clean OS to an old computer, I expect to have a 100% pure experiance as that is what I am paying for. 

If Samsung, or HP or whoever want to include a specific manufacturer program, they should provide it on Disc/Download with instructions in the box with how to install it and who it is of benefit to the user - they should not be pre-installed 

Honestly its even worse if Microsoft are doing it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Agreed with the posts you have made, bloatware, forced included apps and anything related to this have NO place on a brand new OS installation.

If I am buying my new computer or installing a clean OS to an old computer, I expect to have a 100% pure experiance as that is what I am paying for. 

If Samsung, or HP or whoever want to include a specific manufacturer program, they should provide it on Disc/Download with instructions in the box with how to install it and who it is of benefit to the user - they should not be pre-installed 

If your lucky, microsofts bundling will be less noxious that the stuff third party vendors do, and it might cause other vendors to minimize what they put on. Microsoft wont put stuff from third party vendors that runs awfully or competes with their product most likely for example(which is where third party junk is at its worst).

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

If your lucky, microsofts bundling will be less noxious that the stuff third party vendors do, and it might cause other vendors to minimize what they put on. Microsoft wont put stuff from third party vendors that runs awfully or competes with their product most likely for example(which is where third party junk is at its worst).

There should still be 0

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There should still be 0

i didnt say i liked it...just i'd rather kept to minimum if its a necessary evil(as against my trash filled toshiba with windows 7)

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

OP stated that the Candy Crush is added to upgrades to Windows 10 from which we can infer that it's for the free versions of Windows 10 and not paid versions. Your paid copies won't be affected.

OP stated that the Candy Crush is added to upgrades to Windows 10 from which we can infer that it's for the free versions of Windows 10 and not paid versions. Your paid copies won't be affected.

Neither should the upgrade copy IMO

That is not true. For example on the Galaxy S 6 you can uninstall pretty much all of the included third party apps, and people still complained (rightfully so).

How is it difficult to uninstall the stuff OEMs add? You uninstall it like any other program from the control panel.

"No one complained when Google bundled Google Search with their phones. How is what Samsung does any different? Heck you can actually full UNINSTALL a lot of the Samsung stuff. Doesn't that make it better?"

No it doesn't make it better than "not having bloatware come with the OS to begin with".

I'm going to say three things. First, OEMs want to bundle some apps to give their users a better and different experience then their competition. Google, Microsoft and Apple also want to give a better experience out of the box. Lets say with a phone they bundle decent note taking, photos, weather, calculator and alarm apps that can be uninstalled. That's a good thing I say.

Second thing. Just like @LAwLz said "the Galaxy S 6 you can uninstall pretty much all" right, pretty much but I believe there are a few apps that can't be which some people would like to.  Samsung making it so you can uninstall most of them IS better. It's headed in the right direction. McAfee on windows is apparently harder to fully uninstall. You should actually download McAfee's uninstaller. Also, non techie people may either not know how to uninstall apps on windows OR are unsure what a program is so they say "just leave it" because they don't know if uninstalling it will break their computer. I've come across both kinds of people. Bundling apps is a problem when they are bad, unwanted, there's many, and difficulty of removing them.

I agree with you @ShadowCaptain It would be INCREDIBLY nice if when you get your device(phone, tablet, laptop, or tower) and it boots up it actually asks you "which free apps would you like to have installed?" You would pick which ones or none and have just those installed and it would also ask if you wanted to delete the installers of the programs you don't want as well.

This would be ideal. We don't live in this world yet though.

Third. The couple reasons I am ok with MS bundling this one game named Candy Crush Saga is that it's so far just the one app, very very easy to uninstall and many people would actually play it. Of course if you don't want to play it just easily uninstall it. Microsoft has bundled multiple games on their OSs before. No one seemed to have a problem with that. In fact, I think a lot of people liked having a few fun free games already installed. These are the reasons why I don't find it to be a problem. Bundling apps is not essentially a bad thing. It's actually good that an OS is usable for multiple things at the start. When it becomes annoying is when the apps are bad, unwanted, annoying (Nortan or McAfee popping up in the corner all the time wanting you to do what ever then pay after a month) and hard to get rid of. 

It would be INCREDIBLY nice if when you get your device(phone, tablet, laptop, or tower) and it boots up it actually asks you "which free apps would you like to have installed?" 

A bit like the windows "browser choice" thing - that would be perfect

I better be able to uninstall then all our I'm not going to be a very happy panda.

I personally love candy crush and I think if it's included like the old standard games such as minesweeper and such but can be removed then that's completely fine.

If it's easy enough to remove/disable and it's being included to subsidize the cost, then I'm okay with it.

When has MS ever made removing the included crap easy to remove. I still can't fully get rid of IE even though they where forced to my the courts. I am going to stick with W7 if this happens and it's not either easy to remove or you can stop it from installing. I still keep getting Skype in my W7 updates, i have to un-check it every time.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

*Installs Windows 10*

*Goes immediately to add/remove programs*

*Uninstalls EVERYTHING useless*

Problem solved. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

When has MS ever made removing the included crap easy to remove. I still can't fully get rid of IE even though they where forced to my the courts. I am going to stick with W7 if this happens and it's not either easy to remove or you can stop it from installing. I still keep getting Skype in my W7 updates, i have to un-check it every time.

Disabling/removing IE is pretty easy :unsure:

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It's another U2 and Apple situation. LOOK WE HAS THE MOSTEST DOWNLOADED PC GAME NOWS!

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

I'd probably want to remove it, but at the end of the day I don't really care. Microsoft already provides the functionality in the OS for you to "turn off" hard-wired apps such as Internet Explorer in the Control Panel, and that's Microsoft's own, so I would be shocked if Candy Crush was unable to be removed somehow.

I'll point out as well that for all of the concern in this thread about whether it can be removed, nothing in the source says otherwise. The author actually suggests it "surely can" be uninstalled.

Neither should the upgrade copy IMO

I personally don't mind it for the free upgrade. To me it's the same as a developer supporting their software through ad revenue. My comment in regards to the paid copies being unaffected is in reply to the comments that people are making about their clean installs having Candy Crush installed when (as far as we know) just won't be true as it's only affecting the free upgrades. Whether installing Candy Crush alongside the free upgrade is fine or not is up to your opinion though.