The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

Instead of continuing the circular jerk of how consoles hold back PC gaming, maybe you PC Mustard Rats should ask yourselves why PC developers simply don't care more about the PCs. Its a simple question with a simpler answer; the money isn't there. 

Developers and publishers aren't your friends. They want to make money and minimize costs. Guess what? Setting aside an entire development team for PC is expensive. Its why its rarely done. 

Lets remove consoles from the market. Do you geniuses really think all those CASUAL gamers will go build PCs? LOL. Thats amazing. THEY ARE CASUAL GAMERS FOR A REASON. They see a stupid box for 350 dollars that lets them play COD. Thats all they care to see. So unless one of your vaunted Mustard members is going to give them a 350 dollar box that is as idiot proof, you're not gonna convert people in the way you all think you can. 

I swear to god you people have no bloody idea what the real markets and real consumers are actually like. 

Consoles are an embedded part of the gaming landscape now. Its how a lot of developers make their living, its how they know they can afford to keep the doors open. You think "consoles dying" will be beneficial to anyone in this industry? 

Damn, have I got a bridge to sell you. 

Who are these console peasants? Is this Reddit?

They are peasants because they squabble over nearly identical pieces of crap and try to convince themselves that theirs is better while not trying to improve their "situation" for not much more than what they paid for their console. Besides if you have ever read a console argument you might feel the same.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

They are peasants because they squabble over nearly identical pieces of crap and try to convince themselves that theirs is better while not trying to improve their "situation" for not much more than what they paid for their console. Besides if you have ever read a console argument you might feel the same.

Sounds like the idiots on this very site who argue over GPUs and CPUs...but hey, don't let me interrupt the circle jerk. 

Sounds like the idiots on this very site who argue over GPUs and CPUs...but hey, don't let me interrupt the circle jerk.

Just calling a spade a spade man. It's not an argument to me.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Instead of continuing the circular jerk of how consoles hold back PC gaming, maybe you PC Mustard Rats should ask yourselves why PC developers simply don't care more about the PCs. Its a simple question with a simpler answer; the money isn't there.

Developers and publishers aren't your friends. They want to make money and minimize costs. Guess what? Setting aside an entire development team for PC is expensive. Its why its rarely done.

Lets remove consoles from the market. Do you geniuses really think all those CASUAL gamers will go build PCs? LOL. Thats amazing. THEY ARE CASUAL GAMERS FOR A REASON. They see a stupid box for 350 dollars that lets them play COD. Thats all they care to see. So unless one of your vaunted Mustard members is going to give them a 350 dollar box that is as idiot proof, you're not gonna convert people in the way you all think you can.

I swear to god you people have no bloody idea what the real markets and real consumers are actually like.

Consoles are an embedded part of the gaming landscape now. Its how a lot of developers make their living, its how they know they can afford to keep the doors open. You think "consoles dying" will be beneficial to anyone in this industry?

No one ever suggested casual gamers would convert to PC, that was never the discussion.

What we are saying is having no consoles would allow devs to focus 100% on PC and we'd all be much further along than we are now.

Consoles are holding gaming back.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

No one ever suggested casual gamers would convert to PC, that was never the discussion.

What we are saying is having no consoles would allow devs to focus 100% on PC and we'd all be much further along than we are now.

Sigh. The same circle jerk again. 

Not having consoles would remove hundreds of millions of gamers from the equation entirely. Developers don't work off hopes, dreams and shitty Steam Sales. You would cripple gaming. 

Maybe these kinds of things happen because when you want to do something on a pc, you have infinite flexibility about how you want to do it. On console, you have to abide by the rules set forth by console makers. I can't imagine the pressure game creators have when trying to balance everything they are doing.

At least that's my concurring opinion.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Maybe these kinds of things happen because when you want to do something on a pc, you have infinite flexibility about how you want to do it. On console, you have to abide by the rules set forth by console makers. I can't imagine the pressure game creators have when trying to balance everything they are doing.

At least that's my concurring opinion.

No one forces a developer to make a console game. It takes two to tango. MS for example, offered CDPR a promotional contract and CDPR accepted that money. Both sides have to agree. CDPR didn't get "surprised" by console restraints. They willingly accepted them. 

At this rate this thread is going to overtake my car thread.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

And that is the post of a man who knows he has no real meaningful response.

You quoted a post, mentioned the topic of discussion once then went on a tangent about some other topic without offering any input to the discussion topic.

No one ever suggested anything you seem to think we suggested so I'm really stuck on how your post is relevant in anyway?

He tried to change the topic of this thread a few posts back.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

No one forces a developer to make a console game. It takes two to tango. MS for example, offered CDPR a promotional contract and CDPR accepted that money. Both sides have to agree. CDPR didn't get "surprised" by console restraints. They willingly accepted them. 

When you are a passionate developer like CDPR, why would you not accept funding for your game in addition to having more people playing your game? Isn't that the point of making games? 

It's been off topic for about 5 pages already, and people are spending too much time here.

Funny that, the op topic is TW3 being dumbed down to run on consoles, seems pretty on topic to me.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Funny that, the op topic is TW3 being dumbed down to run on consoles, seems pretty on topic to me.

On cones yes but PC no.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

And from the steam hardware surveys I can see that there are probably millions and millions of PC gamers still using old GPUs like Geforce 560 or 460. Some even 9800gt or worse still Intel HD4000.

Those guys have much weaker hardware and are holding us back much more than the new consoles. Right?

We should ban them too..

I also think your forgetting that PC gaming existed alongside console gaming for a looooooooong time. Its only since the XB1/PS2 era did devs start shovelling console ports onto PC. (I should add regularly shovelling ports, it did happen before but was much rarer than it is today)

When bad ports happen it's the fault of the dev. Not the consoles.

It's been proven time and time again by devs who put in the required effort that it is possible to have a good console release and a good PC release.

And from the steam hardware surveys I can see that there are probably millions and millions of PC gamers still using old GPUs like Geforce 560 or 460. Some even 9800gt or worse still Intel HD4000.

Those guys have much weaker hardware and are holding us back much more than the new consoles. Right?

We should ban them too..

It's been proven time and time again by devs who put in the required effort that it is possible to have a good console release and a good PC release.

I don't have to go on a steam survey to know people rigs are weak, it's like common knowledge.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

We should ban them too..

Stop putting words in my mouth, no one said ban anyone. PC games have this amazing thing that consoles don't called Graphics Options. Also Steams hardware survey is about as accurate as a blind dude with a shotgun loaded with birdshot. When was the last time it ask you to submit your info?

Go back and read all my posts then come back and admit that I already acknowledged that as true.

Some PC gamers like to live in delusions.

No kidding.

Hey guys, if consoles run a game at 1080p 30FPS, you are going to need twice as much GPU power for 1080p 60FPS. If we consider consoles on par with a 7870, that means you need a 290x or 970 to run 1080p 60. (Unless the console is capped at 30, but capable of ~45 or so.)

Choose two.

-60FPS

-Higher Graphical Fidelity than consoles

-Spending less than $600 on GPU's

Some devs are always going to include "extra" options that require more performance to run. But if consoles disappeared your games would only look drastically better or ran drastically poorer.

It's also really, really hard to make a game that scales down very well graphically if all your assets are designed around your unplayable ultra spec.

Anyone remember how terrible Crysis looked on low settings? Or Oblivion?

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

you mispelled AMD relegion

Invoke Godwin's Law why don't you.

I don't have to go on a steam survey to know people rigs are weak, it's like common knowledge.

Yes, the average pc gamer does not have a very powerful machine. I'm not talking about people who hang out on tech forums, i'm talking about the majority of pc gamers. And yet some people like to pretend that Xbox One and PS4 are holding devs back.

In the previous console life cycle, in the last few years the xbox 360 and ps3 were so far behind PCs that they were not even comparable. That difference was certainly a problem for game devs. And yet we were able to get games like Crysis 3 which looked ridiculously good on PC.

Right now the difference between a PC and a Xbox One or PS4 is not a problem for devs. To use an analogy It's no more significant than having graphics settings and world complexity which scales between a high end and budget gaming rig on PC, which every PC game has. In five years if we are still using the same consoles then yes it will become a problem but not right now.

CDPR lost my respect when they announced the Seasons Pass a few months ago.

We'll never release paid for DLC....

Yeah right.

it is an expansion pack, like d2 lod or wow expansions. dlc is just free content.
If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

you mispelled AMD relegion 

Jesus Christ.

I'm done man. This is too much for me to go back and forth while receiving the same tired arguments.

Top kek lol.

witcher 3 is still best game since 2001

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

witcher 3 is still best game since 2001

What was the best game in 2001?

Yes, the average pc gamer does not have a very powerful machine. I'm not talking about people who hang out on tech forums, i'm talking about the majority of pc gamers. And yet some people like to pretend that Xbox One and PS4 are holding devs back.

In the previous console life cycle, in the last few years the xbox 360 and ps3 were so far behind PCs that they were not even comparable. That difference was certainly a problem for game devs. And yet we were able to get games like Crysis 3 which looked ridiculously good on PC.

Right now the difference between a PC and a Xbox One or PS4 is not a problem for devs. To use an analogy It's no more significant than having graphics settings and world complexity which scales between a high end and budget gaming rig on PC, which every PC game has. In five years if we are still using the same consoles then yes it will become a problem but not right now.

Jesus, have you read the OP? We're not pretending anything, CDPR admitted they programmed to the lowest common denominator because consoles couldn't handle PC graphics, between that, Ubisofts 30FPS statement and MS's resolution is just a number statement its blatantly obvious consoles are holding PCs back.

Next gen consoles which can't play next gen games at as high graphics fidelity as last gen consoles could play last gen games. That's a joke.

Jesus, have you read the OP? We're not pretending anything, CDPR admitted they programmed to the lowest common denominator because consoles couldn't handle PC graphics, between that, Ubisofts 30FPS statement and MS's resolution is just a number statement its blatantly obvious consoles are holding PCs back.

Next gen consoles which can't play next gen games at as high graphics fidelity as last gen consoles could play last gen games. That's a joke.

No, what's holding PC games back is PC gamers. If people actually gave as much of a shit as they claimed to they would put more money into the market and abandon piracy all together. The money simply isn't there to make the risk worth it for most studios. The blunt truth is there aren't enough people spending enough money for it to be a dominate market.