The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

GG cdpr, here's a shovel for you

d-handle-round-point-shovel-crime-scene-

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Who are these console peasants? Is this Reddit?

You're on a forum mostly about computer hardware. What were you expecting? ;)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You're on a forum mostly about computer hardware. What were you expecting? ;)

I expect people to respect other people's decisions of hardware and not coin shitty names every time a console is mentioned.

But that's asking for too much sometimes.

I expect people to respect other people's decisions of hardware and not coin shitty names every time a console is mentioned.

But that's asking for too much sometimes.

"console paesants" is hardly offensive... it's more of a meme at this point. A running joke. As much as we may not like consoles, we're not going to straight up insult those who bought one...

We do have a right to get a bit mad if said consoles mess with the pc experience though. Not at the owners, but at the manufacturers and developers.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

"console paesants" is hardly offensive... it's more of a meme at this point. A running joke. As much as we may not like consoles, we're not going to straight up insult those who bought one...

We do have a right to get a bit mad if said consoles mess with the pc experience though. Not at the owners, but at the manufacturers and developers.

Consoles are literally doing nothing of the sort. They're inanimate objects made to run code when told to. The devs are the ones at fault.

Calling someone a "console peasant" is a straight up insult.

The game has received phenomenal reviews and generally has lived up to the hype. I won't hold this against CDPR - the game was made on a budget a fraction of those AAA games developed by the likes of Ubi and RockStar. It would likely cost them a lot more and cause further delays just to make it prettier, and in any case, I doubt a graphical downgrade is going to really hurt sales.

Consoles are literally doing nothing of the sort. They're inanimate objects made to run code when told to. The devs are the ones at fault.

As I said, we get mad at devs and take some silly pot shots at "paesants" for the sake of humour. You shouldn't take everything on the internet personally.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

As I said, we get mad at devs and take some silly pot shots at "paesants" for the sake of humour. You shouldn't take everything on the internet personally.

I don't take it personally in the way you're implying.

This isn't /r/pcmasterrace. Leave the satire over there. At least act like a tech enthusiast while on a tech forum. Throw cheap shots at Nvidia or AMD like real enthusiasts ffs

Oh but I do, 3.5 times a day.

Well meme'd.

No, not really. If consoles didn't exist PC would get full performance games. Anyone buying a console is supporting the industry which is holding back gaming, promoting nickel and dining and promoting sub par standards being applied to games.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

No, not really. If consoles didn't exist PC would get full performance games. Anyone buying a console is supporting the industry which is holding back gaming, promoting nickel and dining and promoting sub par standards being applied to games.

No not really. If consoles didn't exist it wouldn't take away from my point of it being the developer's fault for how the PC versions of their games are.

Please shut up about "buying a console is supporting the industry which is holding back gaming" because it's all the same fucking industry.

Looks like crap and not an improvement over witcher 2 .

The 2013 version looked miles better.

Its really criminal to make a game look like that and then remove a bunch of stuff just to bait some people into the hype machine.

Disgusting behavior , this is how they got their 1 million pre orders.

If you quote me saying " graphics dont matter hurr duur" you are missing the point  and honestly I suggest you to go play pacman if the gameplay is all that matters for you.

http://imgur.com/a/K3uFC

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

No not really. If consoles didn't exist it wouldn't take away from my point of it being the developer's fault for how the PC versions of their games are.

Please shut up about "buying a console is supporting the industry which is holding back gaming" because it's all the same fucking industry.

Sure, were moving into VR & 4K while the "Next Generation" consoles struggle to hit 1080p 60FPS. The fact consoles are shoved into the same genre as PCs is the problem, devs save money by developing once then its a simple copy pasta jobby and they get 3 revenue streams meanwhile PC users get screwed over with shitty graphics way below what our systems can handle simply because games are developed to work on consoles.

Get a clue or get out.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

If consoles didnt exist devs would spend more time making a decent pc version because that would be their only outlet.

They would use the hardware properly and we would have more quality pc games.

How is that unreasonable?

Sure, were moving into VR & 4K while the "Next Generation" consoles struggle to hit 1080p 60FPS. The fact consoles are shoved into the same genre as PCs is the problem, devs save money by developing once then its a simple copy pasta jobby and they get 3 revenue streams meanwhile PC users get screwed over with shitty graphics way below what our systems can handle simply because games are developed to work on consoles.

Get a clue or get out.

It wouldn't matter even if the consoles were somehow going to go backwards and do 720p and 24fps. It'll always be the fault of the developer for the PC version being bad. It's that simple.

Get a clue or get out.

If consoles didnt exist devs would spend more time making a decent pc version because that would be their only outlet.

They would use the hardware properly and we would have more quality pc games.

How is that unreasonable?

That's why the studios have dedicated PC teams right? So they can use our hardware properly?

That's why the studios have dedicated PC teams right? So they can use our hardware properly?

^Misses the point^

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

^Misses the point^

Explain instead of pointing at my post with a few words.

Explain instead of pointing at my post with a few words.

Resources wouldn't be split between developing for consoles and PC's, meaning that we would have higher quality games.

PMSL

Resources wouldn't be split between developing for consoles and PC's, meaning that we would have higher quality games.

Do you work in a game development studio?

Do you work in a game development studio?

Do you know what a budget is?

PMSL

Do you know what a budget is?

When did budget come into this? I thought we were talking about resources. If they're pulling in money from consoles, that's paying for the console team.

Again, do you work in a game development studio? Because if you do, I'd like you to set me straight on what I'm talking about. If not, then sit back and observe the market like me.

Consoles are bringing the studios tons of money so they will be catered to. PC isn't bringing in nearly as much money on certain titles compared to the console market. That's just how things are.

Just so we're not going to go full circle on this argument, consoles have no burden on PC's whatsoever. The developers will do what they want with their games. If they make a shitty PC version, it's their fault.

@Kloaked

Just read the quote in the original post, it answers your question.

"We decided to develop our game to the lowest possible denominator"

Translation - "In the pursuit of £¥$¢ we decided to say fuck the PC version and shovel them a console port of a title from a franchise which has been PC exclusive up till this point" (there was a one year gap between both TW1 & TW2s PC versions and console versions)

No ones blaming the consoles here, the blame does lay with the developers however its not unreasonable for us to expect some PC specific stuff to utilise our powerful and expensive hardware. Look at it this way, if you bought a £1000 Samsung TV but found out you couldn't use half the features cause Samsung wouldn't pay the cost of developing the firmware to make it all work you'd be pissed. How about if you bought a 500Bhp BMW but found out you couldn't drive it quickly cause they used the brakes from the 100Bhp model instead?

Developers need to stop sticking PC & Console into the same genre, what works for one doesn't always work for the other.