The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

Different eras have different tech trees. This era now has passed consoles by so quickly that they never had a chance... I assume the one to blame it Sony and Xbox (MS). They thought they could push a Next Gen system on us without it really being NEXT gen like the PS3 was. Once everyone was done with all the gadgets they wanted high quality games and not just exercise games using that camera system.... I am too lazy to look up the name of that device on all of the systems...you know... don't need to name them all.

So where as the PS2/PS3 were in my mind ahead of the PC when they came out... it's not like that nor will ever be that way again and it's like they didn't even get the message. I don't know exactly who to blame for technology suddenly growing too fast for consoles but that day is here.

The PC hardware would literally have to stall for like 2 years solid in order for them to make a console that would last long enough to be NEXT GEN.

We all know that when the PS4 was released it was already outdated. Sony works on system specs for so long that when it comes time to release... it's outdated, just like the (insert GPU name here) in 1-2 years. The difference is... the rest of the PC doesn't need an upgrade and you can simply change the GPU out for something better.

Now the next version of consoles..... IF they want to stay ahead of the curve should just simply be like a tiny PC...  but look like a console. They key to it's success would simply be to be able to swap out the GPU... if that's even remotely possible. That's the only way. Imagine right now Sony is working on the PS5... I'm not googling it....just guessing. They'd need access to future CPU and GPU that PC's won't have access to for years so by the time the new console is out, there is nothing like it for PC.  But.... not gonna happen because it wouldn't pay for someone to hold on to something like that just for a gaming system.

Say Intel decided to sell the chip that is AFTER skylake to Sony and leave it out of PC users hands.... something like that.

Just a bunch of ramblings I know... I can't bash dudes for buying consoles but I also understand why PC guys are upset at the success of the PS4/Xbox 1. It does hurt the PC in many ways. It used to be the other way around. PC guys would port a game to the Playstation not vice versa. I don't know why they DON'T do that NOW. I guess the games would just run too poorly on the PS4 and Xbox is my guess but I'm not a programmer.

Resources wouldn't be split between developing for consoles and PC's, meaning that we would have higher quality games.

This.

Devs focus a lot of time and resources on the console versions.

A lot of times the pc version is an after thought .

Evil Within , GTA IV , Dark souls 1 , watch dogs .

We see this ALL the time . Why the sudden denial ITT ?

I dunno why nvidia would list a 970 for 1080p ultra settings when a consol can do this lol.

If it's true. Fuck that shit.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

When did budget come into this? I thought we were talking about resources. If they're pulling in money from consoles, that's paying for the console team.

Again, do you work in a game development studio? Because if you do, I'd like you to set me straight on what I'm talking about. If not, then sit back and observe the market like me.

Consoles are bringing the studios tons of money so they will be catered to. PC isn't bringing in nearly as much money on certain titles compared to the console market. That's just how things are.

Just so we're not going to go full circle on this argument, consoles have no burden on PC's whatsoever. The developers will do what they want with their games. If they make a shitty PC version, it's their fault.

Without a budget you won't have resources, and resources are split between creating the game for 2 consoles with different OS and PC's.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

This.

Devs focus a lot of time and resources on the console versions.

A lot of times the pc version is an after thought .

Evil Within , GTA IV , Dark souls 1 , watch dogs .

We see this ALL the time . Why the sudden denial ITT ?

And without consoles those games simply wouldn't exist. You're delusional if you think the PC market could ever sustain the core gaming market at the size it is now.

And without consoles those games simply wouldn't exist. You're delusional if you think the PC market could ever sustain the core gaming market at the size it is now.

Some PC gamers like to live in delusions.

ill still pick up my collectors edition for the swag. then sell the game itself and wait for the Enchanted edition that hopefully will have some of its past 2013 glory back....

btw

http://image-cache.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/YTo2OntzOjI6ImlkIjtpOjEwNjM0MjU7czoxOiJ3IjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJoIjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJjIjtpOjA7czoxOiJzIjtpOjA7czoxOiJrIjtzOjQwOiI3NjA1NzllOWQ3ODU0Y2ZjZTZjZjQ5MDQ2ODVmYzcxM2E1NTk0Yzc5Ijt9

Man, I genuinly forgot why I was so amazed and hyped about the witcher 3 then I saw that pic. Yeah, I'm not buying the witcher 3 anymore.. Yeah it might still be a good game but I just can't play it knowing what it could of been. I was even going to pre-order it I was like they can't mess up and they did ><.

Some PC gamers like to live in delusions.

You do realise that until consoles came along there were no exclusives? And that after the Original Xbox, PS2 and Wii plug and play console gaming was pretty much gone? Consoles aren't what they used to be and with the amount of screwing around now, plus the cost of paying for on-line services, newer consoles aren't really worth much over older consoles when it comes to having fun with friends in splitscreen, system link or online.

PMSL

Man, I genuinly forgot why I was so amazed and hyped about the witcher 3 then I saw that pic. Yeah, I'm not buying the witcher 3 anymore.. Yeah it might still be a good game but I just can't play it knowing what it could of been. I was even going to pre-order it I was like they can't mess up and they did ><.

well if there is mod support then its not that bad, But yeah...relying on mods is not ideal.

You do realise that until consoles came along there were no exclusives? And that after the Original Xbox, PS2 and Wii plug and play console gaming was pretty much gone? Consoles aren't what they used to be and with the amount of screwing around now, plus the cost of paying for on-line services, newer consoles aren't really worth much over older consoles when it comes to having fun with friends in splitscreen, system link or online.

I don't know what point you're trying to make. We're talking about PC versions of games and how consoles somehow affect them.

I don't know what point you're trying to make. We're talking about PC versions of games and how consoles somehow affect them.

Long story short, Consoles are now holding back PC gaming.

PMSL

well if there is mod support then its not that bad, But yeah...relying on mods is not ideal.

Yeah, if they really want to make amends with the PC community they should release the resources they produced or add in good mod support. Doubt either of those will happen so just hope for good mods :c.

Long story short, Consoles are now holding back PC gaming.

... They're not.

Until consoles? Might want to check your history dude. Consoles CREATED the home video game market. Before consoles there were arcades. The PC market had it's niche in the 80s but it didn't really become a big thing until around the late 80s to early 90s, years after Nintendo and Sega rebuilt the gaming market.

Until consoles? Might want to check your history dude. Consoles CREATED the home video game market. Before consoles there were arcades. The PC market had it's niche in the 80s but it didn't really become a big thing until around the late 80s to early 90s, years after Nintendo and Sega rebuilt the gaming market.

You might wanna recheck your history. I think you'll find everywhere outside of America it was Atari, Amstrad, Commodore & Sinclair which built the home video game market and out of them 4 only Atari have ever released a console (Commodore did do the CD32 but by the time it actually launched they were already going under hence there's only about 10 games ever made for it). Systems like the C64, ZX Spectrum & CPC464 outsold consoles by huge amounts right up to the Mega Drive/SNES era. The Commodore Amiga was by a huge amount the most popular home gaming platform for most of the world.

I also think your forgetting that PC gaming existed alongside console gaming for a looooooooong time. Its only since the XB1/PS2 era did devs start shovelling console ports onto PC. (I should add regularly shovelling ports, it did happen before but was much rarer than it is today)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

You might wanna recheck your history. I think you'll find everywhere outside of America it was Atari, Amstrad, Commodore & Sinclair which built the home video game market and out of them 4 only Atari have ever released a console. Systems like the C64, ZX Spectrum & CPC464 outsold consoles by huge amounts right up to the Mega Drive/SNES era. The Commodore Amiga was by a huge amount the most popular home gaming platform for most of the world.

I also think your forgetting that PC gaming existed alongside console gaming for a looooooooong time. Its only since the XB1/PS2 era did devs start shovelling console ports onto PC.

REbuilt. While the crash was largely an American thing it did have shockwaves across the world. That said I did forget about the Amiga.

Where did I say it didn't? I said PC gaming (at least what we know it as now) didn't become a big thing until the late 80s to early 90s, not that it didn't exist prior to that. Though I suppose it brings up a debate on where to classify systems like the C64 and the other more PC-esque "consoles".

REbuilt. While the crash was largely an American thing it did have shockwaves across the world. That said I did forget about the Amiga.

Where did I say it didn't? I said PC gaming (at least what we know it as now) didn't become a big thing until the late 80s to early 90s, not that it didn't exist prior to that. Though I suppose it brings up a debate on where to classify systems like the C64 and the other more PC-esque "consoles".

I loved the amiga.....also, I miss those times where it was completely normal to have at least 200+ games ready to play:p It was just a tiny diskette, and it could hold several games.....

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I like how everyone's super butt hurt about rumours when the game isn't even out yet.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

You are comparing overclocked 7950's with a stock 970, grats.  Mine are both stock to see base difference between 2 sets of GPUs.  Obviously your scores are skewed towards the OC'd result. + you'd got a CPU clocked quite a bit much higher than mine, which gives the GPU more room to work with.

And you are comparing a highly oc'ed 970 (1300+mhz) to almost stock 7950 (280). 2x 7950, are more powerful than a 970.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

After watching the video, only thing that I can say is that the trees look dumb, no matter the platform. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Looks like crap and not an improvement over witcher 2 .

The 2013 version looked miles better.

Its really criminal to make a game look like that and then remove a bunch of stuff just to bait some people into the hype machine.

Disgusting behavior , this is how they got their 1 million pre orders.

If you quote me saying " graphics dont matter hurr duur" you are missing the point  and honestly I suggest you to go play pacman if the gameplay is all that matters for you.

You wouldn't be so savage if you would of watched the video lol

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I did lol.

Well by the description that dude gave of the ultra settings on pc, I don't think CDPR would kneecap themselves like this given their past favorability of the pc. Day 1 patch plz fix!

Another thing from what the guy said is that watching these "comparison videos" on youtube to compare console to pc graphics does not properly represent either platforms real life experiences. Even linus said himself that when he wants to pull footage from previous videos to use in new ones and has to download them from youtube because he couldn't find the archived footage, it is not comparable to the original footage AT ALL?!?!

And I personally think that comparing the same game across different platforms by using cut scenes IN NO WAY reflects the true graphical differences between the gameplay.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) |