Interesting.

zappian

So this is witcher 3 on the console courtesy of game spot:
2863643-witcher+-+trolls+are+dumb71.jpg
And this is witcher 2 on the pc courtesy of the nvidia official page(Low Shadows , Ultra settings):
4_2-NumShadows-Low.jpg

I smell something ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I guess it looks quite good on LOW also on console.

But cant judge just based on 2 pictures.

It looks pretty good.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Well.. That's cool.

Maybe you should wash your upper lip.kappa.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I still smell something, something interesting (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

The Witcher 2 on PC looks better imo.

Is that really how the Witcher 3 looks on consoles because it looks horrible to me.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Is that really how the Witcher 3 looks on consoles because it looks horrible to me.

It is.

But according to some people it looks " the same" as the pc version.

rofl

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The PC picture looks like it has more detail in the textures to me

It is.

They must be blind, the textures look as muddy as usual on console

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Witcher 2 looks better to me on the pc.

Am I the only one?

I've seen the Witcher 2 on a GTX 960 streamed at 720p, and it looked just like this if not better. The animations are probably better though

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

Witcher 2 looks better to me on the pc.

Am I the only one?

In the pictures, yeah. I sure they tuned down witcher 3 a LOT for console.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

like the title says, this is interesting

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Well with the recent news of Witcher 3 being dynamic 1080p at Xbox One, they will be pretty similar expariances in my opinion if you want to play the game. Except the add ons and ultra settings for pc edition.

So fuck W3 then?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just a heads up, the picture used for Witcher 2 in this comparison is NOT taken at the default low settings.  I just checked in game myself and to get that sort of quality it needs to be set to High.  Consoles might be bad, but we shouldn't make unfair comparisons.

If you judge a game completely by its visuals sure.

I also go by the devs, and what they are actually doing is BS.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It is.

Looks way better on my pc :D

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

Witcher 3 since it has a whole shitload of things going on at the same time and no loading screens they needed to dial back the graphics on console so that their relatively lower capabilities could handle it. On the other hand compared to t he other pictures for gameplay on PC they have it dialed up as they have more processing power within a computer so they can scale up the visuals.

also i'm 1000% sure that the witcher 2 on low settings doesn't look like that.

that's not me, but someone did say that to me.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I guess it looks quite good on LOW also on console.

But cant judge just based on 2 pictures.

Well.. That's cool.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I still smell something, something interesting (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

rofl

The PC picture looks like it has more detail in the textures to me

They must be blind, the textures look as muddy as usual on console

In the pictures, yeah. I sure they tuned down witcher 3 a LOT for console.

@zappian - alright i figured it out, and what you posted is a little if not deceptive 

what you showed us is nvidia comparing the screenshots from LOW Shadows vs Ultra Shadows - ofcourse the rest of the settings was ultra when they compared shadow. 

4_2-NumShadows-Low.jpg

4_1-NumShadows-Ultra.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

@zappian - alright i figured it out, and what you posted is a little if not deceptive 

what showed us is nvidia comparing the screenshots from LOW Shadows vs Ultra Shadows - ofcourse the rest of the settings was ultra when then compared shadow. 

Its not low settings its low shadows.

I never claimed it was low settings lol.

Its not low settings its low shadows.

I never claimed it was low settings lol.

you also didn't acknowledge to anyone that is only shadows that are being compared and only saying "interesting", that's where my deceptive comments come. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker