Russia building its own Intel i3 and i5 equivalent homegrown CPU

ahhming

A Russian firm announced its intention to build its own homegrown CPUs ,dubbed the Elbrus-4C, it was fully designed and developed in Moscow Centre of SPARC Technologies (MCST). It's claimed to be the most high-tech processor ever built in Russia. They claim it is comparable with Intel's Core i3 and Intel Core i5 processors, although they do not say which generation they are(most likely first gen) and claimed it could manage a blistering 1.3 GHz which is slightly less than an average mobile phone.

MCST unveiled a new PC, the Elbrus ARM-401 which is powered by the Elbrus-4C chip and runs its own Linux-based Elbrus operating system. MCST claimed it can run Windows and Linux distributions. The company has built a data centre server rack, the Elbrus-4.4, which is powered by four Elbrus-4C microprocessors and supports up to 384GB of RAM.

MCST said the Elbrus-4.4 is suitable for web servers, database servers, storage systems, servers, remote desktops and high-performance clusters.

Source:

http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2721906

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2015/05/russia-now-selling-home-grown-cpus-with-transmeta-like-x86-emulation/

It uses Stalin blessings to reach 5 ghz though.. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

A Russian firm announced its intention to build its own homegrown CPUs ,dubbed the Elbrus-4C, it was fully designed and developed in Moscow Centre of SPARC Technologies (MCST). It's claimed to be the most high-tech processor ever built in Russia. They claim it is comparable with Intel's Core i3 and Intel Core i5 processors, although they do not say what generation as one spec we found claimed it could manage a blistering 1.3 GHz which is slightly less than an average mobile phone.

MCST unveiled a new PC, the Elbrus ARM-401 which is powered by the Elbrus-4C chip and runs its own Linux-based Elbrus operating system. MCST claimed it can run Windows and Linux distributions. Yhe company has built a data centre server rack, the Elbrus-4.4, which is powered by four Elbrus-4C microprocessors and supports up to 384GB of RAM.

MCST said the Elbrus-4.4 is suitable for web servers, database servers, storage systems, servers, remote desktops and high-performance clusters.

Source:

http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2721906

They are ARM based CPU's and they aren't even comparable to a Pentium 4

They placed a HD6970 and couldn't even run Doom3 at higher than 40fps.

I have a source but it's Dutch.

Nonetheless still nice that Russia can build something like this.

Homegrown? Where can I buy a plant?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Homegrown? Where can I buy a plant?

Sorry to burst your bubble but CPUs don't grow on trees mate ... sarcasm ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Sorry to burst your bubble but CPUs don't grow on trees mate ... sarcasm ... 

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. How do you know that?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

He's right, they grow like a potato under the ground.

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Sorry, no wonder the plant I bought off of that guy on the corner hasn't flowered any Titan Xs yet :(

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Is it cooled with gipsy tears?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

From what I know of Russian copyright and patent laws, I assume it will be an exact copy and paste of the intel I3 and I5

Is it cooled with gipsy tears?

I'm impressed that you didn't go with the obvious.

Vodka.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

From what I know of Russian copyright and patent laws, I assume it will be an exact copy and paste of the intel I3 and I5

Sorry but no.

Will it's nice that they made a CPU but it's ARM so not even close to x86 which will run circles around it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Sorry but no.

Will it's nice that they made a CPU but it's ARM so not even close to x86 which will run circles around it.

Interesting.

No offense meant to Russians, I'd just been told they had virtually non-existent copyright and patent laws.Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, especially when you consider that companies in the US use them to turn our government into a modern day SS

Either google translate sucks, or that's just a terrible attempt at an insult lol (b*tch f**k?)

Interesting.

No offense meant to Russians, I'd just been told they had virtually non-existent copyright and patent laws.Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, especially when you consider that companies in the US use them to turn our government into a modern day SS

I thought that was china ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I thought that was china ?

I think China pretty much does whatever the f**k China wants.

I think China pretty much does whatever the f**k China wants.

Except for Hong Kong until the future where the deal is off.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I actually do hope they get somewhere with this. More competition is always good. :)

It's has become kind of a habit for the russians to scream out their shallow attempts for "homegrown" CPU design. This one is just another hot-air pseudo-patriotic swag, by the way.

The best means for production they have now is an outdated 65nm manufacturing line, for bulk low-performance designs. It can be used to produce chips in short runs for some super secret military equipment, but there's no way to compete with this on the mass market. For this they need, at first, a working market economy under the rule of law, not annexing territories from neighbouring countries.

A lot of countries around the world are starting to make their own computer hardware, routers and operating systems for governmental use because it's assumed that all of the US based companies build back doors into their products.

I'm impressed that you didn't go with the obvious.

Vodka.

kek.

Also, being russian, I'm sure it'll go "cyka blyat suka" every time it crashes.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

kek.

Also, being russian, I'm sure it'll go "cyka blyat suka" every time it crashes.

Metro joke?

Metro joke?

Could be. But I was referring specifically to the russians playing CS:GO.

And goddamn, I love the Metro franchise.

Could be. But I was referring specifically to the russians playing CS:GO.

And goddamn, I love the Metro franchise.

Who doesn't? lol

I know when I heard the rumor that one of the people working on the next metro game supposedly used the word "sandbox" I reacted with this face

amazed_face.png

Who doesn't? lol

I know when I heard the rumor that one of the people working on the next metro game supposedly used the word "sandbox" I reacted with this face

I even bought the goddamn books. And I don't even like to read that much.