Intel Skylake 6700k and 6600k confirmed, due Q3 2015

BiG StroOnZ

He didn't even mention AMD at all.

He's just saying that upgrading from a 3570K still doesn't make any sense, and he's really not wrong.

I as going off what was posted, my point was that Intel is making CPU's worth a damn right now, its AMD who isn't.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The FX series wasn't worth a damn, even a 'low' end locked Haswell i5 is more the plenty for any game so Intel has shitloads of CPU's that are worth 'a damn'.

You're in a place where people think its sustainable to have 20% increases every year. 

To someone who has Haswell, the upgrade might not seem worth it. To someone who has Broadwell, it really isn't worth it. But someone running a i7-920? Yea, they might have a compelling performance jump to do so. 

I don't know what the fuck people here expect Intel to do. 10% year to year is what they can manage and who knows if its sustainable anymore. Intel makes a lot of CPUs worth a damn. The 4670K was a proper beast, the 5820K is amazing value for a X99 chip. The hell are people smoking. 

I as going off what was posted, my point was that Intel is making CPU's worth a damn right now, its AMD who isn't.

You're getting hung up on his wording and missing his point.  Intel isn't competing with anyone, so they're not really trying to impress anyone.  Minor gains can't justify a multi hundred dollar motherboard + CPU swap to anyone who already has a recent generation Intel CPU.

You're in a place where people think its sustainable to have 20% increases every year. 

To someone who has Haswell, the upgrade might not seem worth it. To someone who has Broadwell, it really isn't worth it. But someone running a i7-920? Yea, they might have a compelling performance jump to do so. 

I don't know what the fuck people here expect Intel to do. 10% year to year is what they can manage and who knows if its sustainable anymore. Intel makes a lot of CPUs worth a damn. The 4670K was a proper beast, the 5820K is amazing value for a X99 chip. The hell are people smoking. 

Well, I think a lot of people really wanted them to bring 6 cores to the "consumer grade" CPU's rather than continuing to lock them behind an ethusiast grade paywall.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

That's not how it works.

Broadwell is aimed at a completely different market segment than Skylake is.  Broadwell is the same performance at less power, and potentially slightly more overclocking headroom.  Skylake is increasing TDP, but presumably this is going to translate into good overclocking.

If you follow Intel's pattern, that's how it always works.

Even ticks (die shrinks) offer 5% increase in IPC minimum. Just look at Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge, even it offered 10% increase in IPC. I can post Cinebench benchmarks if you'd like.

Broadwell is a Die Shrink, therefore it will offer 5% increase in IPC minimum. But most likely more, as Intel is usually on a 10% increase in IPC pattern. Whether it be a tick or a tock minimum. So just because Broadwell will offer better iGPU and power consumption doesn't mean they aren't going to make any IPC gains. And Skylake is a tock, so an actual revision, therefore it will offer definitive IPC gains, whether that will be more than 10% or not is debatable, but at least 10%.

You're getting hung up on his wording and missing his point.  Intel isn't competing with anyone, so they're not really trying to impress anyone.  Minor gains can't justify a multi hundred dollar motherboard + CPU swap to anyone who already has a recent generation Intel CPU.

Just a refresh on what I was talking about:

K, going into the cryogenic tube now, I've set the timer for 60 years but if against all odds Intel makes a processor worth a damn before that time, someone unfreeze me.

And what my response was:

The FX series wasn't worth a damn, even a 'low' end locked Haswell i5 is more the plenty for any game so Intel has shitloads of CPU's that are worth 'a damn'.

• Intel is currently making CPU's that are worth a damn, and is continuing to do so
  • AMD is the one who is making CPU's that aren't worth a damn.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I'm planning on upgrading to skylake once its out and sell my Z77 sabertooth board + 3770k. My 980 is being throttled by it :/

Considering it hasn't been worth upgrading since sandy bridge you're clearly wrong.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

so they added one pin. interesting lol

And they removed five pins from Sandy Bridge to Haswell lol.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

God damn..... Intel's naming scheme

First gen i5-750, second gen i5-2500k, third gen i5-3570k, forth gen i5-4670k, fifth gen i5-6600k

First gen i7-920/860, second gen i7-2600k, third gen i7-3770k, forth gen i7-4770k, fifth gen i7-6700k

Why can't it be 2500, 3500, 4500, 5500..... wait WHERE DID 5TH GEN GO

First gen i5-750, second gen i5-2500k, third gen i5-3570k, forth gen i5-4670k, fifth gen i5-6600k

First gen i7-920/860, second gen i7-2600k, third gen i7-3770k, forth gen i7-4770k, fifth gen i7-6700k

Actually the 2700k was the top tier i7 for Sandy Bridge on 1155 and you forgot Broadwell, which is even more random = i5-5675C / i7-5775C.

Now they just need to throw us through a loop and surprise!  Intel Core i7 6700KX, the X is because it is a special edition six-core mainstream processor.  I can dream.  

Actually the 2700k was the top tier i7 for Sandy Bridge on 1155 and you forgot Broadwell, which is even more random = i5-5675C / i7-5775C.

I'm just listing the most popular cpu at release. That's why I didn't include the 4690k/4790k. Didn't know the Broadwell naming scheme lol but Intel's naming scheme is really awful. 

This is great news! I have been thinking about upgrading from my Ivy Bridge build, and Sky lake looks like the answer.

I'm planning on upgrading to skylake once its out and sell my Z77 sabertooth board + 3770k. My 980 is being throttled by it :/

No it isn't.

i7-4960x i7-4930k, i7-5960x, i7-5930k, i7-5820k.

So its safe to say that Skylake-E will be 7000

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Hopefully Australian pricing isn't too far away, so I can update my current PC Part Picker list for my future upgrade.

Just a refresh on what I was talking about:

And what my response was:

• Intel is currently making CPU's that are worth a damn, and is continuing to do so
  • AMD is the one who is making CPU's that aren't worth a damn.

I know you got your fanboy panties in a bunch over his comment, I'm just explaining what he was saying since you missed his point entirely.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

According to tests I've run it is. I didn't believe it either. O.o

BS to the nth power. You're either not up to your rated clocks, have a virus stealing CPU time, are getting thermal throttling, are not measuring your GPU usage correctly, are running in PCIe gen 2 mode at only 8x lanes, or have crippled system RAM either in single channel or ultra slow clocks or even both. There's no flipping way a 3770K can bottleneck a 980 when it can't bottleneck a 295x2 going at full tilt on stock clocks. Hell my 2600K at stock clocks can keep a 980 fed.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Maybe DX 12 and Vulkan will surprise me, but I highly doubt 95% of gamers will see a need for more than a quad-core I7 for the next 3 years. I don't see hex-core going Z-series mainstream until 2020, partly because we already have a hex-core chip at the same cost as the top mainstream SKU on the X99 chipset, and DDR4 prices are falling to DDR3 parity at a good rate. I think we're in the dawn of the heterogeneous era, and CPU core counts won't jump again for some time.

Maybe if OpenMP takes off in consumer software?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

another 1% gaming improvement!!! 

ASTONISHING! 

Worth upgrading from a 4690k to the 5675c?

CPU wise the 5675c probably is a lower tier than the 4690k, but it afaik comes with Iris Pro Graphics.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Unlocked Broadwell = i7 5xxxC

Unlocked Skylake = i7 6xxxK

Logic = None

What's with the change from K to C and back to K for Skylake?

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

So should I upgrade my i5-750 to and i5 4690k or i7 4790k at june or wait till september to go skylake ? 

So should I upgrade my i5-750 to and i5 4690k or i7 4790k at june or wait till september to go skylake ? 

Is your current PC letting you down, going way too slow or unable to run some games/programs to your liking?

What I always say, don't wait.  upgrade when you need to, otherwise you may as well wait for the next batch of chips which may be better then you may as well wait until zen, then you may as well wait for Intel's response and so on.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Is your current PC letting you down, going way too slow or unable to run some games/programs to your liking?

What I always say, don't wait.  upgrade when you need to, otherwise you may as well wait for the next batch of chips which may be better then you may as well wait until zen, then you may as well wait for Intel's response and so on.

yes the pc is terrible i5-750 and gts 250.....  so yeah i will go for the devil's cannon cpus. btw will a gtx 970 bottleneck with the i5 750 ?