Intel Skylake 6700k and 6600k confirmed, due Q3 2015

BiG StroOnZ

hoping for q4 2016/ q1 2017 for skylake e

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

yes the pc is terrible i5-750 and gts 250.....  so yeah i will go for the devil's cannon cpus. btw will a gtx 970 bottleneck with the i5 750 ? 

If your asking because you want to upgrade slowly then I would say don't worry about it,  getting the 970 (or 290X might be cheaper) will get you better performance right away and when you upgrade the CPU later (which could be much later if the new GPU is enough for now) there will be no chance of bottleneck issues.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I know you got your fanboy panties in a bunch over his comment, I'm just explaining what he was saying since you missed his point entirely.

I didn't miss his point-he thinks that Intel hasn't been making worthwhile CPU's-which fair enough is true if your on the second generation or higher I series. I pointed out that its AMD who is making truly worthless CPU's. And don't pull the fanboy card when everyone knows that even at launch the FX series was a let down. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I buy components based on performance, and AMD lost out after their Phemom II's and Athlons. Considering a Phenom II could easily compete with the QX9775, which was a thousand dollar CPU.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Unlocked Broadwell = i7 5xxxC

Unlocked Broadwell = i7 6xxxK

Logic = None

What's with the change from K to C and back to K for Skylake?

K SKUs have an unlocked multiplier. The C SKUs do not I think. That's the difference.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

K SKUs have an unlocked multiplier. The C SKUs do not I think. That's the difference.

The SKUs with the grey border are unlocked, it says on the picture

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

The SKUs with the grey border are unlocked, it says on the picture

You're not understanding.

K = unlocked multi Al the way from 8x to 80x

C = (could be) 8x to 44x. Up from, for example a 38x boost multi.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You're not understanding.

K = unlocked multi Al the way from 8x to 80x

C = (could be) 8x to 44x. Up from, for example a 38x boost multi.

Possibly. Not sure.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

yes the pc is terrible i5-750 and gts 250..... so yeah i will go for the devil's cannon cpus. btw will a gtx 970 bottleneck with the i5 750 ?

Yes it will in most games. I saw a slight improvement in some games going from a 750@3.5-4ghz via turbo to a 4690k no turbo stock. The major ones are LoL, crysis 3, bf4 to an extent (750 with mantle performed similar to 4690k with dx11). It really depends on how demanding the games you play are on your cpu. IIRC, Nvidia's drivers make their cards less cpu dependent so you can get a 970 and try it out. If you feel you are bottlenecked, then upgrade.

Yes it will in most games. I saw a slight improvement in some games going from a 750@3.5-4ghz via turbo to a 4690k no turbo stock. The major ones are LoL, crysis 3, bf4 to an extent (750 with mantle performed similar to 4690k with dx11). It really depends on how demanding the games you play are on your cpu. IIRC, Nvidia's drivers make their cards less cpu dependent so you can get a 970 and try it out. If you feel you are bottlenecked, then upgrade.

I think this is the best way to do it, he then might get just enough out of his current CPU to last until he can afford a shiny new one in september.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

20-25% isn't worth a damn?

I seriously can't understand this guy. I guess he's expecting a freaking revolution in a year

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Cool, but I'm happy with my 4790K unless there are some magical feature/features on the new motherboard and cpu that I would really want to switch.

Unlocked Broadwell = i7 5xxxC

Unlocked Broadwell = i7 6xxxK

Logic = None

What's with the change from K to C and back to K for Skylake?

Naming conventions is probably the last thing that makes sense in the hardware industry

C is fully unlocked, but there are no high-end SKUs coming apart from Broadwell-E, so it's like a flag telling people they're a one-off batch.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Naming conventions is probably the last thing that makes sense in the hardware industry

I just realised that I wrote Broadwell instead of Skylake on the second line.

I just realised that I wrote Broadwell instead of Skylake on the second line.

Yeah, I thought so ;P Point still stands, naming conventions does not make sense

In other news Intel has quietly launched Broadwell

http://wccftech.com/intel-broadwell-cpus-i5-5675c-i7-5775c-oem-listed/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list